Forums

Help › Forums

Anyone try The SWINGMATE Program ?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 4 2016 4:55 PM (34 replies)
  • pjctas0822
    4,551 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:10 PM

If yes please explain to me what the modifier value does and when is that used ?

Its a great program if you like that sort of thing. I am an all feel player but I am hearing that to compete on the highest level possible that TOP Players are using rulers/charts and things like this SwingMate program in order to shoot those sub 60 and sub 30 rounds.

Please give me some good feedback negative or positive doesn't matter .

• looselugnutz
    1,378 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:39 PM

PJ, to let you know my stand...

I've never heard of the thing.  Wouldn't want a program to replace me in any way.  My history is of playing starters until I reached level 79, whereupon I upgraded in a serious way.  I spent a LOT of time learning my clubs and the courses I played.  And I tried to play all the courses, not just the easy ones.  Once I upgraded clubs the game became easier.  I'd like to thnk that my time spent learning my clubs and the courses is the reason for shooting a 9-hole round of 28 (once) and 18 holes in 63 (twice, I think.)  Those days things just clicked. Too many days they don't and I'm just an average player.

I do use a chart for putting, along with a homemade scale, but I ask 'Why not?'  In a way we all do when we rely on WGT to give us the yardage ranges for our clubs, instead of determining our clubs ranges strictly through practice the way we do in 'real' golf.  Other than the putting chart I'm strictly a 'feel' player.

All in all, PJ, do what you feel you should for you, but should you see me on the links you'll know that it's my clicker finger that's either 'on' or 'off' that round, and not some program I'm using.  After all, it IS just a game that I play for fun and relaxation.

loose

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 12:15 AM

Are you sure that isn't a dating site?

• pjctas0822
    4,551 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 1:46 AM

LOL @ Courtney.

I am a feel player and will always be a feel player. Other than notes on mistakes and tricky holes and greens I use no such aids as it takes away from my personal integrity for this game. I know in order to shoot those 26's and such an aid of some sort is needed but we wont go there other than to say play the way you want. But using those aids is boring and quite frankly takes away from the reality of playing. No PRO player uses such a thing in real life so dont anyone go defending that they do because it is not legal to do so in a tournament.

But this program seemed cool and I wanted to test its accuracy and it is very accurate . I just wanted to know what that Modifier thingy does and why it is there.

I couldnt use this program even if I wanted to because it makes all my shots other than the Tee shot jerky. So no matter what that program does for my accuracy it is useless if I cant hit the ding which it makes my computer meter skippy as hell when it is on my screen. Piece of crap puter I have but I am positive many many top credit earners use such things as well as rulers compases etc etc etc. You guys like pretty pitiful sitting there using these objects trust me lol.

It is only a game but whats important is that you have fun. If using these things and taking advantage of these tools to earn is your thing then good luck .

These type of program aids is one of several reasons I dont play for credits and hardly play RG's. I probably wont ever play another RG again now that I am legend.

FYI my lowest round in 9 holes is 28 (did it once) and 61 in 18 holes (did that once) Bet if I had a better computer and use those cheats doh I mean AIDS (AIDS get it ??) I would be willing to bet sub 30's and 60's would become the norm for me as it is for many others.

OK now I am sure the haters are coming so I gots to run see ya.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 2:32 AM

Only aid i have is my calculator.No ruler or such is gonna help anyone shoot 26. Good putting is gonna get you the sub 60 and 30 rounds.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 2:35 AM

pjctas0822:
    I know in order to shoot those 26's and such an aid of some sort is needed

You DON'T know and I just did....

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 2:41 AM

Better yet i.m bout to make some vids of me playing this week and post them. Hell Buggyyy just posted some and he had no aids. Tess, Suncity,Genorb, bollox and many have plenty vids on youtube using no aids. One tess hits 26 and sam 55 or 56 on kia i can't recall. But point is im sure you had to run across these vids at some point if not go look and see how its done. These are the threads i hate cause it takes practice to hit those scores. If someone feel players are cheating to hit those scores then they shouldnt play the game if they can't put the same effort into it as those i named and plenty more.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 2:45 AM

I google searched and found this swingmate, from the cover page it appears it's just a fancy calculator, there are many others, it works out the distance you have to aim, it certainly doesn't swing for you and it expressly says it doesn't hit the ding.

I've used Sgt Bilkos caddy and I've tried caddy mate, they are all just fancy calculators and personally I find my own calculator more accurate.

That's not to say there isn't some programme out there that does that, just that I've never found it.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 3:19 AM

Caddy mate? Isn't that the program they have in Vegas where you can get a female caddy. I love that program. Makes your golf game so much easier. On the eyes, especially.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 4:19 AM

pjctas0822:

But this program seemed cool and I wanted to test its accuracy and it is very accurate . I just wanted to know what that Modifier thingy does and why it is there.

I had a chance to look at this program and from by just what I read on the site to answer your ? about the above underlined it has to do with the amount of back or topspin you want to put on the ball.

RSS