Forums

Help › Forums

earning credits

Tue, Nov 14 2017 4:23 AM (38 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 1:30 AM

derekortt:

easiest way to earn credits is to win them in tournaments. Built up more than 53K that way

Congrats concerning your 300,000 cr in earnings. This is the shiny part the story.

How many credits in time or real money did you spend in clubs and practice balls before the "money rain" started?

• DanZeigler
    5 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 10:31 AM

Is there a way I can buy credits and gift them to someone in my Country Club?

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 10:51 AM

DanZeigler:

Is there a way I can buy credits and gift them to someone in my Country Club?

I am sorry but there is not a way of doing that.  You can only send them equipment as gifts.

- WGTdbloshoe

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 11:36 AM

alosso:

derekortt:

easiest way to earn credits is to win them in tournaments. Built up more than 53K that way

Congrats concerning your 300,000 cr in earnings. This is the shiny part the story.

How many credits in time or real money did you spend in clubs and practice balls before the "money rain" started?

in terms of real money, I spent less than $50 on the game. Only to buy the RocketBladez irons and the max control putter, to allow me to compete as a legend.

In my first few months, yes I did videos and surveys. I also did some offers using a throwaway e-mail address. Main thing I did was to ONLY buy clubs until I reached the Master level. My first purchases were the cheaper variety (WGT pro driver and irons). Then I bought the 10 cent balls for a bit of added distance. At the TM level, I upgraded to the 65 credit balls for a bit more distance, as well as spin. BY learning the game with the cheap balls, the game became EASY once I reached legend and started using the more expensive balls.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 4:07 PM

Thanks for the insight, Derek.

We have only a few surveys here and I don't find a way to qualify on a regular basis. Videos pay low, IMHO the whole "free credits" section takes too much of my time.

Therefore I buy my credits, about 15 $ in total in the first three months, only major investment (50 $) being the clubs that I have now, G20s, when becoming Master. From then on I payed 10-15 bucks per month, using the very beneficial Zong deal, about 3,000 cr for 15 €.

I used the Tour-SD long time, then changed to the lvl 33 Callies (playing less now).

It's not free but a budget pastime compared to many others, e.g. real golf or nights in town or a wife ;)

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 9:48 PM

One thing about the surveys I found. If you are rejected, you usually still get 5 credits for trying. Back when I did surveys, I could get 20-30 credits a day by being rejected

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 12:16 AM

Personally, as an old bloke with a limited lifetime ahead, I value my time higher than that.

• silvrfox1
    824 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2017 1:59 PM

The 5 credits were not offered the last 2 times I tried the surveys---I also was rejected on everyone I tried--Does not take many to realize that they are all fricked up too. I say the hell with it --when I finally run out of credits I will just quit. I am not going to pay real money to play a game that has no ryme or reason for where your ball goes off the clubhead..  I am assuming that the surveys will not be fixed either.

Fed up in Ohio   Maybe i will find out what my wife looks like again!  LOL just kidding 

Fox

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2017 4:23 AM

What do you need credits for? You can play the game without spending a single credit. You just have to learn how to play with the white rock. This may be a fall back position but if WGT cuts off free credits and you are as addicted as I am, it is necessary. And if the game has become less challenging with all of the expensive balls and clubs that you own, you are ready to step up to the white rock challenge. Show WGT that you don't need to be a part of their business model and profit chain.

RSS