Tue, Nov 14 2017 4:23 AM (38 replies)
  • spiderfusion123
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 3:57 AM

can someone tell me how exaclty you earn credits?  is it based on:

- scoring playing solo?

- scoring playing multiplayer?

- just playing, period?

- earn credits based on LEVEL you achieve?

is there game documentation about earning credits?

thanks for any help!

• Tyrones
    95 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:20 AM

I earned all of my credits watching videos and taking surveys. If you look to the right on this page, under FAQ's, you will find a link to "Deposits & Credits".

• Glossopade
    518 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 2:56 PM

Spider - I would like to suggest you use the search feature, but I'm afraid it's broken, without any signs that it might be fixed, in the near future.

Good advice from the person above. Suggest you take it.

• kakola
    65 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 4:46 PM

The link to Deposits and Credits doesn't tell you very much about earning credits through surveys, etc.

Mousing on "Get Credits" at the top of the page gives you two choices, buying or earning.  Click "earn free credits" and from there browse through the successive pages. Survey sites can be found in several locations.   Doing Surveys will get you a fair chunk of credits quickly IF there are any surveys on offer at that time, and IF (really big IF) the companies come through with the points.  Often they will collect a bunch of information and then tell you you're not the type of person they want to collect information from.  You can believe that if you wish.

There seem to be a lot more surveys available at the beginning of the month; far fewer later on.  Be patient.  Sometimes you might get 400 or 500 points in a single day.  Other times you might wait two weeks and get 10 or 15. (personal experience; apparently there are different surveys in different countries.  No surveys at all in some others)

Watching videos is terminally boring but it gets you seven points a day and if you go back every day, once you have watched 100 videos, you can redeem them for 75 points.  Not enough to keep you in balls unless you are a very accurate hitter and prefer cheap balls, but it all helps.

Following through the other offers is also a hit or miss proposition.  Known and trusted companies are a fairly good bet, but the ones that offer thousands of points for your credit card number probably aren't out to become your best friend.  Beware.  It's not just WGT trying to make money on this site.

Earning credits by playing tournaments is a viable proposition only for the very very good players, except for the CTTH tournaments which have a draw for credits, in which case the odds in your favor are very very slim.

At the end of the day, you can have a lot of fun playing the game without expending too many credits.  Half the fun is chatting to the golfers you're playing with.  A few are complete lost causes, but the majority are great people.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 5:18 PM

You can earn credits by way of Ready Go tournaments, Match Play Challenge, Free Weekly Tournaments, Skins Challenge, Biltz Challenge, and many more options.  The career earnings will only reflect earnings from CC pay to play tournaments and WGT pay to play sponsored tournaments.

Hope this helps.

Rich/LC

• tcz7149
    536 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:09 AM

Good luck earning credits doing surveys. That IMO is one of the biggest jokes on wgt. I have tried numerous times to earn credits doing surveys, only to waste about 20 minutes and then be told you do not qualify. I refuse to lie about my status, age, gender as I was told by a recent ex CC member that he does. He is supposedly such a moral person that he does not play tourneys for credits. I guess it doesn't count as a morality issue when he wants some free credits. 

Peace!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:18 AM

Surveys are great, I've done 8 this week and earned 1,200 credits.

• xstinsonx
    363 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:30 AM

I've given the surveys and free offers a go and was dissapointed in how few actually give you credits. I would say the best bet is to deposit some money (if you can afford to) practice your game and get it as good as you can. Many of the players who have a lot of credits do so by playing in MPC (match play challenges). Although you can lose them as fast as you gain them lol. Ready-Go's are good too if you can consistently place in top 5-10. Although I would stick to courses that you are fairly comfortable playing and not just donating them away.

• Blackadar
    2 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 4:23 PM

Don't bother with surveys.   In my experience, 9 out of 10 don't give you the credits even if you somehow manage to get all the way through them.  Essentially, treat this as a free browser game and don't spend any money on it.  If they can't bother to give you the credits that you've earned, then why trust them with cold, hard cash?

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:32 PM

500 credits a month is easily do-able watching videos only. It's all I get access to so it has to do.

RSS