Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 6:55 AM

jimbean346:

Balls sent to Mizz. Am I able to gift some balls to either Corwyn or Cerino and they in-turn can sort out the prize with Gary (Woodo)?

He's looking for credits through a MP concession (as the balls he uses can't be gifted) but I'm only able to get on the site first thing GMT due to work commitments. If I gift you a set of balls, you'll then be able to sort it out with Gary when he's online.

Let me know either way.

James

Let me know how I can help on my wall. I'll take a set of GB's( any kind that matches the amount of Gary's prize) and in turn I'll play the MP or Blitz challenge to pay off Gary. I feel really stupid asking this but what's Gary's full username? I'm not sure who you're speaking of?

~CD~

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:11 AM

It's Woodoworkery 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:32 AM

Woodoworkery:

It's Woodoworkery 

Oh ok Gary.  lol

Wall post me what Jim owes you and when you play and I'll take care of you ASAP. Blitz challenge is fast and WGT takes the least.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 3:43 PM

Corwyn:
    1. Most Greens in Regulation: shared between Mizzy & Hans (375 credit purchases each in the Pro Shop each)

2. Closest Ave. Distance to the Pin: Phil (750 credit purchases in the Pro Shop)

FYI: Phil's and Hans' Approach Play prizes have now been passed on, and I'm hoping to connect with Mizzy very soon to pass on his credits via Blitz challenge.

Apologies for the delay, folks, it's been a no-school week, and it's been to get hard online for me with kid responsibilities.

And I still have to track down that blasted trophy engraver... I hear he might have gone a little over-the-top: he's a bit of a perfectionist, by all accounts, but he did come highly recommended...

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2013 7:30 AM

WOW this is taking forever..................................LOL

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2013 2:31 PM

jimbean346:

Balls sent to Mizz. Am I able to gift some balls to either Corwyn or Cerino and they in-turn can sort out the prize with Gary (Woodo)?

He's looking for credits through a MP concession (as the balls he uses can't be gifted) but I'm only able to get on the site first thing GMT due to work commitments. If I gift you a set of balls, you'll then be able to sort it out with Gary when he's online.

Let me know either way.

James

Hey JB,

I gifted Gary on Saturday the 23th so he wouldn't have to wait. See your Wall posts. :)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:46 PM

(Yet another) final wrap-up post … 

I just thought I'd add a few more stats that came to light from the tourney. Somewhat surprisingly, there were only 2 eagles only 4 eagles in the whole tournament, three at the 9th at St. Andrews, from Tom (seemorehair) with the acknowledged help of a 31 mph tailwind to aid a drive to 3 ft, and from James (jimbean346) and Jure (Puholino) playing together. The other was my own holed wedge approach to #17 at Oakmont.

Not at all surprisingly, our winner Hans was the only player in the tournament to avoid even one double-bogey. Several players, Corwyn, Mizzy, and Cerino, all got through with just one.

And the honors for longest putt holed with the dreaded starter putter go to Russ (ColumbusStorm), whose 58.1ft putt at #15 at Oakmont in the first round held up as the longest throughout. Mike (MBaggese) came a  close second with a 52.1 footer at St. Andrews. Herbert (Wassernixe) holed the longest putt at Olympic, while Mac's (Macduff10) 35 footer was the longest holed at RSG.

AND NOW, THE TROPHIES…

As I intimated earlier, it was a bit of a struggle getting them from the engraver. It turned out he was one of those 'artist' types, forever tinkering, adding elements, and insisting on getting it 'just so.' He modeled the base trophy on some 'modernist' glass-type design, so be warned they look a little different from the standard WGT-type trophies (but I guess that's appropriate given that this is anything but a standard tourney!). Also, he was determined to have the trophy reflect the uneven lies, so appears to have added a moving element… ! And, most bizarre of all, it seems that he was stalking us all around the 4 courses, as he somehow got hold of what look like sepia-tinted pics (no doubt to indicate the old hickories we were using) of each of the prize-winners as they played their shots. I'm not sure how he got so close without us noticing, but apparently he did… even catching Ben's ninja-drive at #12 at St. Andrews in mid-downswing (luckily without distracting Ben).

He does apologize for being incredibly slow, but in his defense, he was expecting to fit the commission in a week or two ago when he had more time, and with the delayed finish to the tourney, it ran into his family vacation time. He also mumbled something about photographs vanishing, and others that were "too blurry, too blurry" … but that sounded just like an excuse.

Here then are the trophies… and congratulations again to all our prize-winners, and to everyone that took part. Hope to see you all again for Tough-It-Out III (and to see some of you very soon, in Shiner's March Madness):

1st place: Hanswurst72

-------------------------------------------

2nd place: Corwyn

-------------------------------------------

3rd place: CerinoDevoti

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts

APPROACH PLAY:

Corwyn:
    Most Greens in Regulation: Hans (Hanswurst72)Mizzy (MizzyMan)

Corwyn:
    Closest Ave. Distance to the Pin: Phil (Phaxda) 

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts

IMPROVEMENT:

Corwyn:
    Greatest Improvement (relative to par) throughout tourney:
    Phil (Phaxda) & Steve (mnshiner)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts

BIRDIES:

Corwyn:
    Most Birdies across whole tourney (goes to next placed player not already in top 3 places)

Corwyn:
    Most Birdies prize: Gary (Woodoworkery)

Most Birdies: Hans (Hanswurst72)  // Most Birdies prizewinner: Gary (Woodoworkery)

RSS