Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 10:14 AM

MISCELLANEOUS PRIZES:

The Lowest Master (or lower) tier player prize was won by myself, Corwyn, from Joe, Camotto, and hyena. The challenge here is to recruit players in low tiers who might be really familiar with starter clubs, and give them the chance, as I've enjoyed, of a level playing field tourney with the 'big boys'. Sadly, these newbies, don't tend to read the forums, but if you come across anyone tearing up the links with starters and who's open to unevens fun, please ask them to look out for Tough-It-Out events in the future.

Hans also picked up the Most Birdies @ Olympic prize, offered up by Shiner (and already sent!), with a total of 5… but no-one was able to seize Shiner's prize-offering at Royal St. George's for any Eagles made.

Longest Drive in the tourney was achieved by Ben (bhoese) who "ninja'd" Gary's effort at St Andrews by a mere 6 and a half inches, with his 310.52 yd drive at the 12th. And Joe got the closest guess as to how long that winning drive might be (by a mere 1 yd from Corwyn), and so wins his own prize there!

And Hans' own prize, of a personal coaching session, was won by random selection, by Ben (bhoese), which, assuming Ben prefers it, means that Woodo is un-ninja'd after all for the Longest Drive winnings!  EDIT: Ben has generously offered to pass this prize on to someone not otherwise winning anything/or to one of the maser level players. EDIT #2: Hans has redrawn, and Hyena64 is the new recipient of this prize.

Finally, there's an additional special prize owed by Spino1 to Hyena64 (offered up by Stu in apology for his sad withdrawal from the tourney, for the 'worst score' of the final round!). David, here's how to claim that prize!  EDIT: David has passed on this prize, to the next player up/down the list, Alosso.

And Shiner deserves some sort of special call-out as the player who did the most marking overall. I counted an incredible 6 extra marker rounds played: a real glutton for punishment with this gear! Thank you so much, Steve, and thank you to everyone else who stepped in to help mark throughout the tourney.

-------------------------------------

Corwyn:
    7. Lowest final score among players Master tier or below (at start of tourney): 
    (1 player wins a new set of irons of player's choice; sponsor: bhoese; details and conditions here)

Lowest Master prize: Corwyn

Sponsor: bhoese

(Corwyn & Ben have already PM'd about this prize)

Corwyn:
    9. Longest drive on the fairway or green during the whole tournament (1 player wins Sleeve of Callys), and another sleeve of Callys for the guess of how long that winning drive is going to be (sponsor: joewaters).

Longest Drive: Ben (bhoese) BUT HE MAY DECLINE THE PRIZE IN FAVOR OF HANS' COACHING SESSION in which case Gary (Woodoworkery) is the WINNER. EDIT: No, Ben is retaining this prize.

Closest Guess: Joe (joewaters) winning his own prize!

Sponsor: joewaters

(please contact Joe to let him know which sleeve of Callys you would like for your prize)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 10:19 AM

Woodoworkery:
    So where is the names of the other prizes?

Apologies, Gary... slow loading problems. First post took forever to show up for me (and I wanted to make sure they stayed in the right order)

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 10:47 AM

Very nicely detailed and written Corwyn and "Thanks" again for putting such a great tournament.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:09 AM

What about the rest of the prize winners?

Here is the list of Special Prizes: A Huge Thank You to all our Prize Sponsors!!!

(please note, to help encourage continued participation in the tourney by all players, some special prizes have restrictions. Asterixed prizes below are subject to the following condition: anyone placing in the top 3 prizes above is only eligible for 50% of the prize. The remaining 50% will go to the highest placed player not otherwise winning a prize. 

1. Most Greens in Regulation (750 credit purchases in the Pro Shop; ***)

2. Closest Ave. Distance to the Pin  (750 credit purchases in the Pro Shop; ***) [note this condition]

3. Greatest Improvement (relative to par) throughout the tourney (from Rnd 1-4)
    (Top 2 players in this category win a sleeve of balls of their choice; sponsor: jimbean346) [calculation of biggest improvement in percentage by comparison of % over par in 1st round against % over par for 72 holes]

4. Most Birdies across whole tourney (goes to next placed player not already in top 3 places): (1 player wins a sleeve of balls of their choice; sponsor: jimbean346) [tie-breaker will be most birdies on non-par3 holes]

5. Least Bogies or Worse across whole tourney (goes to next placed player not already in top 3 places): (1 player wins a sleeve of balls of their choice; sponsor: jimbean346) [tie-breaker will be least number of double-bogies or worse]

6Longest total distance of putts across whole tourney (1 player wins a sleeve of lvl71 Nikes or 450cr; note winner will need to post their Putting stats tab each round to be eligible; sponsor: MizzyMan)

7. Lowest final score among players Master tier or below (at start of tourney): 
    (1 player wins a new set of irons of player's choice; sponsor: bhoese; details and conditions here)

8. 9 hole personal coaching session with defending champion Hans! 
    (sponsor: Hanswurst72)
    This (very nice) Consolation Prize is for one lucky random winner who finishes all 4 rounds and does not win one of the other prizes! "You will be able to play with your proper clubs and course/conditions of your choice, and ask whatever you want...  and I hope this will help you to achieve your goals in this game ;)"

9. Longest drive on the fairway or green during the whole tournament (1 player wins Sleeve of Callys), and another sleeve of Callys for the guess of how long that winning drive is going to be (sponsor: joewaters).

10. Most birdies @ Olympic (1 player wins a sleeve of balls of player's choice; sponsor mnshiner) [tie-breaker will be most birdies on non-par3 holes, and then on non-par5 holes, tbc]

11. An Eagle @ Royal St. George's (any player who makes an eagle at RSG wins 2 sleeves of balls of player's choice; sponsor mnshiner)

12. "No-3-putt" throughout the whole tourney (1 pack of balls of players choice, up to 450 credits. If multiple players tie for the prize, the winner is determined by the highest total GIR amongst them; sponsor Hanswurst72).

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:39 AM

Woodoworkery:
    What about the rest of the prize winners?

Er, Gary... there are 6 different posts on this page and the previous one with all the prizes covered. Are you not seeing them?

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:46 AM

Great job Corwyn with writing up such a detailed final analysis and especially for doing the admin work during the Tourney. Your reputation for being THE VERY BEST at running a Tourney is well earned.

Congratulations to Hans for winning Tough It Out 2 in such dominating fashion. Obviously you take playing in this manner very seriously and your results are something to be proud of for yourself as well as for all of us that played. Seeing your scores makes it believable that the Starter Gear and Free Ball Teamed up with Uneven Lies can be manipulated around these courses in under par. For many of us we were living vicariously through you while being beaten to death by the game play. I know I can look at myself as the reason I didn't score as well as you did. I can't blame the wind, the clubs, the ball, or the lies. Mastery of the equipment and conditions is so rare. You my friend are a MASTER.

A big thanks go out to all the Special Prize sponsors for stepping up and giving something of yourselves to your community. Your interest spurred greater interest and the Tourney was what I would consider a Fantastic Success for everyone. If and when Corwyn and I host another Tough It Out, I would ask that many of you that played push some of your CC members and friends to join us. It's different, it's hard, but it's fun. Fun is so special. Fun is something we all need to seek and bring to ourselves whenever we can.

Have fun and take care all,

~CD~

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:50 AM

Almost forgot, be sure to support "March Madness". Grab a friend(or enemy) and get signed up for the Starter Clubs and Ball Uneven Lies Pairs Comp being run by Shiner. Looks like more chances to grab some fun.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:12 PM

I am not seeing these 

Least Bogies or Worse across whole tourney (goes to next placed player not already in top 3 places): (1 player wins a sleeve of balls of their choice; sponsor: jimbean346) [tie-breaker will be least number of double-bogies or worse]

6Longest total distance of putts across whole tourney (1 player wins a sleeve of lvl71 Nikes or 450cr; note winner will need to post their Putting stats tab each round to be eligible; sponsor: MizzyMan)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:15 PM

Least Bogies or Worse is here

Longest total distance of putts is here

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:27 PM

Man I must be blind, I totally missed that . Thanks Corwyn

RSS