Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:40 PM

Hello Tough-It-Out-heros!

I am absolutely stunned by the way this tournament was organized from the first to the last day. It is a tough thing to stick along the whole time and want to give a very big thanks out to Corwyn. In addition to that, the prize pool is indeed spectacular for a starter gear tournament, thanks to all sponsors too for making this possible. I am really touched by the endless chorusses of praise on my game and want them to stop right here and now. Everybody is a winner by fighting his way through those cruel four rounds of golf, the spirit of this competition is also a clear winner.

I hope to see everybody of you again on the course as soon as possible, maybe even for Steve's awesome looking pair tournament with our (not) loved starter equipment!!

Cheers, Hans

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 5:34 AM

Firstly well played Hans - awesome effort throughout and the final stats really show that it's the putting which counts on WGT (just as in RL).

My thanks to Corwyn and the management team for putting on a great tournament which was played in the right spirit throughout. Highly efficient and an excellent effort on the close-of-play stats!

I'm not going to be on WGT much over the next two months but if the guys I owe balls to send me a message (PM or WP), I'll gift the prize ASAP. I've got Gary's PM over his - I'll be about on either Thursday or Friday afternoon (GMT) to sort out the gifting of the credits ;)

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 4:56 PM

I will accept the Longest Drive prize (I use the Legend i(s)) and propose that Hans' prize go to one of the players that did not win any other prize, as he originally suggested.  If I have any influence in the matter, I'd prefer to see it go to one of the Master level players.  All three are most deserving.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 5:16 PM

Thanks Ben! That's a very gracious and wonderful proposal. 

I did think it unfortunate given all of our efforts to spread the prizes around, that five players ended up 'winning' more than one.

What do you think Hans? Either a redraw among all finishers who didn't win anything (which would most closely match the original intention), or a draw amongst the other 3 Master level players (who would presumably most benefit from your coaching)?

--------

EDIT: I should add, it's entirely my fault that we're in this situation, as I mentioned to Hans that some players might prefer to win his random drawing than one of the other prizes, so suggested that we might allow the random winner the option to choose. I'm sorry it's ended up complicating matters...

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 1:36 AM

That's very kind of you bhoese and I will respect your proposition. I just made a redraw amongst the 3 remaining master tier players of this tournament, and the winner is:

hyena64

I like the draw and think that you really deserve this prize hyena. To see you soon! =)

Cheers, Hans

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 6:47 AM

Very nice of everyone involved giving hyena64 ( David ) a chance to play a round with Hans.

I had the chance to play with Hans during his Christmas lesson giveaway and I recorded it just so I could watch it when I need to get my game back on track. Just to watch how he attacks the hole with his putts still amazes me.

Enjoy hyena64

• joewaters
    258 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 9:35 PM

callaways gifted to Ben

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 1:42 AM

Balls sent to Mizz. Am I able to gift some balls to either Corwyn or Cerino and they in-turn can sort out the prize with Gary (Woodo)?

He's looking for credits through a MP concession (as the balls he uses can't be gifted) but I'm only able to get on the site first thing GMT due to work commitments. If I gift you a set of balls, you'll then be able to sort it out with Gary when he's online.

Let me know either way.

James

RSS