Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:45 PM

CerinoDevoti:

Boy are all you folks lucky today. I just played a practice round on Oakmont with Corwyn and shot 2 under. Man I wish that was my scheduled round that counted. Straight drives, nice approach shots and great putting all used up. Sure hope I can find some of that during my real round later this week. :-)

Enjoy your rounds everyone and have fun. It's important to have the fun.

~CD~

Please officially announce your tournament round before you play it as some players might think sceptical about countless practice rounds with the playing partner. I am not one of them as I know that you are very honest people! Very nice score, bring up the fight ;)

Cheers, Hans

• barrybelfast
    246 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 2:01 PM

Barrybelfast and spin01 playind round 1

• barrybelfast
    246 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 2:04 PM

• barrybelfast
    246 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 2:05 PM

Can an organiser/moderator confirm i have posted the cards ok please im new to this

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 2:36 PM

To make it easier on him Go Here and fill out the form.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 2:41 PM

It all looks good, Barry. Thanks!

Some impressive scoring there, especially the way you made the most of the par 3s: averaging 2.3 for them. And the best so far in # of Birdies. Bravo!

Edit:

mnshiner:
    To make it easier on him Go Here and fill out the form.

Shiner, actually Barry already did fill out the form... (it feeds into a separate spreadsheet that I copy, paste from into the master Leaderboard).

And you're right, it does make it easier for me to have all the details already filled out, then I just need to verify.

Everyone, both players in a pairing, should be submitting their score each round. That's the official score posting, even if you're relying on your partner to supply the card and stats shots. And, each player, if they have the capability, should be providing their own supporting screenshots to verify clubs in their bag etc.

Thanks, Corwyn

• joewaters
    258 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 4:03 PM

Message to JimBeam - if you hidden all the time how can i get to play  with you, I don't want to have to sit around for hours waiting for you to decide, so lets say we play on a set date and time please.

I am available from midnight GMT for enough time to play 18 holes, no way do I want to split it into 2 x9's, today, thursday and friday, make your choice known here please.

Joe

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 4:55 PM

joewaters:
    Message to JimBeam

Jim's a good guy, Joe.

Chill out, you've plenty of time for round 1.

Now that bastage TeeWade...

Kidding Tim:)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 5:15 PM

joewaters:
    if you hidden all the time how can i get to play  with you

So, folks, please don't rely on seeing your partner with a green light...

I've provided suggested steps in the first page post here, recommending that you Friend Request, and WallPost, and Private Message, with specific suggested times based on the known overlap that you can check in the Availability Chart. That's why you're paired together in the first place.

Thanks!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 1:15 AM

Hanswurst72:

CerinoDevoti:

Boy are all you folks lucky today. I just played a practice round on Oakmont with Corwyn and shot 2 under. Man I wish that was my scheduled round that counted. Straight drives, nice approach shots and great putting all used up. Sure hope I can find some of that during my real round later this week. :-)

Enjoy your rounds everyone and have fun. It's important to have the fun.

~CD~

Please officially announce your tournament round before you play it as some players might think sceptical about countless practice rounds with the playing partner. I am not one of them as I know that you are very honest people! Very nice score, bring up the fight ;)

Cheers, Hans

This is a very sensible idea, Hans!

It's just good practice in general to post in the thread when you're actually scheduled to play the real round, and indeed use the thread as a way of requesting practice partners. 

I feel as if each time I come on here, I'm announcing a new rule, which feels awful... so I don't want to proscribe something around this, just ask for players to use common sense. If you're going to play 2-player practice rounds, try not to make it be your official playing partner, since that's inevitably going to raise questions (or even temptations). Just declare in the thread that you're available for practice, and then you're covered, whoever responds.

With a field of this size, there will be occasions when plans change and you can't connect with the player you're supposed to. Here's an example of how we handled it last time: 1. An public announcement on the thread looking for a partner, 2. A public response by the other player (in this case, Cerino). 3. And then the round report, explaining the circumstances.

Do note that I do not pair Cerino and I together during these tourneys for precisely the reason that it may lead to concerns from other players (even though we have compatible playing times).

BTW: Cerino did play beautifully! It was a pleasure to watch, as I myself hacked my way around Oakie... If Cerino plays this well when it counts, we'd better all watch out!

RSS