Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 4:45 AM

joewaters:

Message to JimBeam - if you hidden all the time how can i get to play  with you, I don't want to have to sit around for hours waiting for you to decide, so lets say we play on a set date and time please.

I am available from midnight GMT for enough time to play 18 holes, no way do I want to split it into 2 x9's, today, thursday and friday, make your choice known here please.

Joe

Have PM'ed you over this matter Joe.

FYI Corwyn, if Joe can't get on during the daytime, I'm going to need a marker for R1 either tomorrow or Friday between 10am-4pm GMT. I'm out all weekend so this is out of the equation for me.

As a further question, if I stream / record a round, will this negate the need for posting all the screenshots? I don't mind at all having to do the shots but thought this'd be a handy way to not have to struggle through 6-7 images. Let me know either way.

Cheers

J

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 5:32 AM

I'll be on today between 2:00 and 4:00 EST if anybody wants to shoot a practice round with a duffer on the front 9 @ Andrews. Light will be on.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 5:53 AM

Guys  have a question, how do you get all the pictures on one post? I have to do a new post for every picture.

Gary

Jim if you need a marker just holler 

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 6:09 AM

I'm sending you a friend request and I'll show you.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 7:14 AM

jimbean346:
    FYI Corwyn, if Joe can't get on during the daytime, I'm going to need a marker for R1 either tomorrow or Friday between 10am-4pm GMT. I'm out all weekend so this is out of the equation for me.

Thanks for the heads up, James. Looks like you already have a backup marker in Woodo if you and Joe can't make it work. In theory, though, you and Joe should have weekday overlap between 11-2pm GMT.

jimbean346:
    As a further question, if I stream / record a round, will this negate the need for posting all the screenshots? I don't mind at all having to do the shots but thought this'd be a handy way to not have to struggle through 6-7 images. Let me know either way.

Yes, this is absolutely OK. Please note the following points I posted a few pages back:

Corwyn:

FYI everyone:

Shiner (mnshiner) asked if it would be acceptable to produce game conditions evidence in the form of a video (instead of the many '100s of screenshots,' lol!).

This is certainly OK with me, however... please note the following points:

1. It would have an effect on gameplay. Unless you have absolute top-of-the-line computer set-up, my understanding is that it impacts meter stutter considerably.

2. It would be sad if you relied on it, and then there was a technical problem. It would be too late then to make any backup screengrabs.

3. Do make sure everything's legible (especially the stats). There's quite a lot of image loss once the video gets uploaded to YouTube in particular. [I now realize this is typically an end-user issue: the viewer needs to change default view setting to hi-quality]

4. You should get your partner's assent before videoing your round, as recording during the round surely makes it more likely that a disconnect might occur, and then you'd both be having to start over... 

So, yes, it would be acceptable proof, but at your own risk!!!

Cheers, Corwyn

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 7:20 AM

Cheers C; not sure if the cross-over with Joe will work which is why I'd asked. He will need a marker as well if he's not around when I am.

Re recording the round. Single and two player games are normally stable but anything more creates fairly hefty meter lag on my PC. I'll run a 1-2 hole test run with my partner first and then go into the real thing.

Gary; I'll be around to start at about 7-8am EST if you're about tomorrow. Let me know if this is possible. I'll flag up if Joe is available to partner together beforehand.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 7:25 AM

Ok Jim will watch for you , just send an invite

Gary

• seemorehair
    228 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 7:59 AM

Woodoworkery:

Guys  have a question, how do you get all the pictures on one post? I have to do a new post for every picture.

Gary

Jim if you need a marker just holler 

I just add each picture to my response Gary - one at a time.

Tom

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 8:38 AM

Played the 1st round with Alosso earlier.

We had a good chat with skype and just enjoyed it all the way round.

There was a bit of every shot included by both of us and I managed a "straight in, straight back out again" shot on the 15th......which would have been a birdie but ended up a double bogey! Which sadly made mine a 73 finish instead of a 70.

Also for some reason my fairway screen shot has ended up being replaced by my green screen shot, but alosso also has all screenshots to verify.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 8:42 AM

Here we are...

Unclenewy and I had a pleasant round with a nice Skype chat.

Nothing extraordinary happened after we became comfortable with more bogeys than birds, except at #15, when U hit the hole from 70 yds out only to experience the granite flagstick - the shot went straight back into the rough short of the lefthand greenside bunker :( Almost a birdie, and then he putted for dbl bogey :((

Not to mention the headwind on 1, 9, 15 and 18, making GIR impossible.

(edit /me, proudly:) Managed a round w/out dbl bogey despite some nasty lies.

Nevertheless, scoring:

alosso 79, GIR 44%, avg pin dist 18.4

Unclenewy 73, GIR 33%, avg pin dist 9.8

Edit: added the missing proof U on FW (below)

Scorecards and stats deleted, see above.

Conditions evidence:

Unclenewy on FW:

RSS