Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 'Tough-It-Out': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open

Mon, Nov 12 2012 1:35 PM (333 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 1:59 PM

This is crazy, you talk about GMT going back 1 hour this weekend, well according to my google it goes back on the 28th, then you mention UTC and then you talk about PDT, what the hell.

Just hit me up if I am green for chrissakes.....anyone

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 3:05 PM

oneeyedjohn:

This is crazy, you talk about GMT going back 1 hour this weekend, well according to my google it goes back on the 28th, then you mention UTC and then you talk about PDT, what the hell.

Just hit me up if I am green for chrissakes.....anyone

I'm sorry that this is not working out so well, John. The time change stuff is very confusing, and I'm suggesting UTC in case that makes it easier (and that's what this handy tool uses).

I'm willing to try and connect with you again tonight if you haven't found anyone in the meantime. Although it's late for me I'll stay up to mark for you.

I think I can be on somewhere between 9.30-10.00 until midnight PDT (Pacific Daylight Time), which is -8 hours on GMT (-7 on UTC), and you I believe are at GMT +6, so if my calculations are right, then that would be 11:30am-noon until 2pm your time local. I'll put my green light on as soon as the family is asleep and I can play uninterrupted.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:09 PM

CerinoDevoti:

Corwyn:
    I'm around and available between 9:15-12:15pm PDT today, Thursday, if anyone is available to play or mark.

Anyone around right now? I have the next 2.5hrs available.

I might need to play with you to get my round in. This weekend isn't looking too good for me.

Well, I played my round this morning with Cerino (hope nobody objects that the co-organizers played together. We've tried to avoid this thus far, but I was finding trying to connect with oej was too late at night for me to play with my eyes open, and Cerino was first to respond to my call this morning).

Needless to say, I didn't play nearly as well as the last time with Cerino (when I was -4!), but did record a level par round, even though I missed every putt in the 12-23 ft range (7 of them), and dropped a clumsy shot at the last by falling into the Valley of Sin. The key at St. Andrews to me seems to be to do well on the loop, holes #8-12, each of which is birdieable (I birdied none of them!), and of course, to stay out of too much trouble on the tougher holes, especially the brutal #7. I did hit a gorgeous 2nd to the awkward #13 to a couple of feet for birdie, threading the needle between the fescue mound and the bunker to the right.

Here are the details:

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:21 PM

Hey all!

Just played my third round with oneeyedjohn as he seemed to have trouble finding a playing partner. I will definitely accept any rule concerning playing partners in round 4 and would recommend to do it strictly by leaderboard as long as thats possible. Sadly he got disconnected on the 18th fairway, I am not sure what he has to do now to complete his round. Got his score until hole #14 documented and the front 9 scorecard with both of us on it. Furthermore I can confirm him being +1 after 17 holes. My round was rather poor at -2... MUCH more to get out there!

Cheers, Hans

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:37 PM

How WGT can do that 2 me is just beyond belief. I have no stats for the front nine so I'll have to do the whole thing again, if anyone sees me green and can play or mark, then please let me know. I am on all weekend from midnight GMT onwards.

i have written to WGT and expect to get some serious compensation.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:40 PM

I would like to play my 3rd round tonight. I'll available starting now for the next 4 hours.

If I'm green send an invite please. Otherwise if red, post here and I will check here frequently tonight.

edit: on the course now with oneeyedjohn

• cmdking
    39 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:46 PM

Had arranged to play with Hans but could play with you now tomorrow if you wish.  Am on EST in NYC and will be available from mid afternoon onward

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:48 PM

friend request sent to both of you. Thanks.

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:49 PM

cmdking:

Had arranged to play with Hans but could play with you now tomorrow if you wish.  Am on EST in NYC and will be available from mid afternoon onward

Good that it helps you to play the round, I sadly have a lot of family commitments during Fridays/Weekends and try to get stuff done as quick as possible to avoid thinking about it for the whole week ;)

Still sorry for not playing with you during the next days as planned.

Cheers, Hans

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 5:09 PM

Corwyn:

CerinoDevoti:

Corwyn:
    I'm around and available between 9:15-12:15pm PDT today, Thursday, if anyone is available to play or mark.

Anyone around right now? I have the next 2.5hrs available.

I might need to play with you to get my round in. This weekend isn't looking too good for me.

Well, I played my round this morning with Cerino (hope nobody objects that the co-organizers played together. We've tried to avoid this thus far, but I was finding trying to connect with oej was too late at night for me to play with my eyes open, and Cerino was first to respond to my call this morning).

Needless to say, I didn't play nearly as well as the last time with Cerino (when I was -4!), but did record a level par round, even though I missed every putt in the 12-23 ft range (7 of them), and dropped a clumsy shot at the last by falling into the Valley of Sin. The key at St. Andrews to me seems to be to do well on the loop, holes #8-12, each of which is birdieable (I birdied none of them!), and of course, to stay out of too much trouble on the tougher holes, especially the brutal #7. I did hit a gorgeous 2nd to the awkward #13 to a couple of feet for birdie, threading the needle between the fescue mound and the bunker to the right.

Here are the details:

Corwyn and I played under our standards I suppose. We both left strokes out there. I have to say the shot he hit on 13 was so perfect in trajectory, direction, wind offset, and length it should be in the Hall of Fame at St A. I watched it from the back camera as it came in. Corwyn absolutely nailed the shot with the club. We both made amazing par saves on 17 so I'm left satisfied that the course didn't take everything from me without giving something back.  . ;-)

I'll attach my screen shots from the fairway and green to your card and stats.

RSS