Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:04 AM

http://livestre.am/4iBXI

I'm assuming this format will be fine. If so, I'll provide shots of the stats at the end of the round so you get the data needed.

Cheers

J

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:10 AM

Hi James,

Thanks! That was a lot of fun to watch. I did find it hard to read the stats pages at the end though... I'm sure I might be missing some Viewer Setting adjustment, but I couldn't see how to make it higher resolution. 

I was viewing it with the Expanded Screen view, but the quality just wasn't quite sharp enough.

I wish I had your putting skills though! That was awesomely impressive (11 putts, with every mid-range putt sunk). And such fast play as well (I'd bet you could handle this tourney if it were set up for 30 second timer!).

Cheers, Corwyn

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:28 AM

alosso:

Unclenewy on FW:

Er, guys... none of your screenshots actually show the Uneven Lies. This one, that would show it, seems to have gotten cut off at the bottom, perhaps in an abbreviated upload. If you still have the full pic, can you resubmit it? Thanks.

And, I corrected your GIR and Ave.Distance #s, which were somehow off on the submitted form.

(I don't doubt that you played with the right settings... just trying to stick to the rules!)

FYI everyone: a shot from the tee is not necessary. It doesn't add anything that you can't get from an Approach shot (and it doesn't show the Lie Conditions).

[Current Leaderboard]

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:33 AM

I was hoping one of the better players would have said something by now but there is another fairway screenshot that doesn't show the grid and the ball is plainly visible.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:20 AM

mnshiner:
    I was hoping one of the better players would have said something by now but there is another fairway screenshot that doesn't show the grid and the ball is plainly visible.

Hi Shiner,

I've just been back through all the screenshot posts, and I think you must be meaning this one from Camotto and MacDuff's game (their submission was on page 15):

Macduff10:
    Here goes. Camotto & I played the 1st round with somewhat painful inaccuracy.  I got worse as the round progressed & Cam was getting better.  Fun despite the humiliation.  And I just realized I didn't get a screen shot of me on the green.  Cam said he couldn't do the screen shots, so I tried to fill in for him.  I hope this is OK.

The cause is that Mac took the shot for Camotto (who clicked on the option when signing up for the tourney that he did not have Screenshot Skills, but would still like to take part if at all possible). And a partner's playing view doesn't show the uneven lie grid, unfortunately.

[Nonetheless, the value of the other player taking a screenshot for you if you don't have the ability, is that at least it proves use of (some) starter clubs, and it provides more supporting evidence of scores that can be matched against scorecard, thus helping ensure that the pics are from the same game.]

The game is clearly set up properly with Uneven Lies, which do show in Mac's screenshot on #17:

And I've traced all the scoring back through their cards, and the screenshot scores match the card all the way.

I do appreciate your concern, Shiner, but this all looks good to me.

Personally, it's sad to be scrutinizing everything in such detail... so I'm really hoping we can count on golfing honor throughout the tourney. After all, in no other sport do players call penalties on themselves as in golf. 

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 12:09 PM

Corwyn:
    Er, guys... none of your screenshots actually show the Uneven Lies. This one, that would show it, seems to have gotten cut off at the bottom, perhaps in an abbreviated upload. If you still have the full pic, can you resubmit it? Thanks.

And, I corrected your GIR and Ave.Distance #s, which were somehow off on the submitted form.

Sorry, no better pics available.

The one you quoted is from the first nine where I hastily took some pics, cutting this one off and forgetting my own UEL pic.

Later, I was afraid anxious to take my pics and used the wrong moment. Neil said to take his own which I gladly accepted as a relief. And it went wrong on his side.

Ho-hum - may we try again? ;)

Edit: and yes, I inadvertedly took the stats from the 9 hole pic - much to my advantage :)

Late edit: Wrong wording corrected - hopefully to the better :)

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 12:12 PM

You were afraid of taking pics? :-P

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 12:15 PM

Geh doch wech!

*grinst*

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 12:33 PM

hehe nieeemals =)

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 2:23 PM

Corwyn:

alosso:

Unclenewy on FW:

(I don't doubt that you played with the right settings... just trying to stick to the rules!)

FYI everyone: a shot from the tee is not necessary. It doesn't add anything that you can't get from an Approach shot (and it doesn't show the Lie Conditions).

[Current Leaderboard]

This is from alosso's screen shots.

I took one from the fairway on the 16th and one on the 17th green, but for some reason, when I came to put them in photobucket to post, I have 2 pictures in my file of the 17th green (same shot), one named "uneven lies green" and the other named "uneven lies fairway". I have no idea how it happened.

I used 'paint' to capture and they are saved in my pictures file.

Sorry about this.

I did post the correct stats in the submission form though.

I have no issues with re-playing the round if you require it Corwyn.

RSS