Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 6:09 AM

Corwyn:

... we do need Screenshots to verify clubs/conditions etc. It also makes the tourney much more real to see everyone's avatars, the courses and holes themselves, and especially, to get a good giggle at people's chat comments as they navigate the challenging conditions. 

I agree it would be great if we could rely on the honor system, but actually seeing the pics adds a lot else besides.

During actual gameplay, there are only 2 screenshots you need to take, a 2nd shot approach on any of the last 5 holes, and a greenshot (ditto), so those shouldn't impact the 90 seconds much at all. My habit is to take them right away, just pressing my screengrab buttons, pasting them instantly into Preview, and getting right back into the game, a few seconds at most. Once they're on your computer somewhere, don't spend the time uploading until after the round. (And just for connectivity reasons alone, I never have any other browsers, or browser windows open while playing)

All the other card, and stat shots, you can take between holes, before pressing Continue.

Corwyn:

Thanks alosso for your helpful answer! alosso (Paul) is spot on: although one player's screenshots would be enough to prove that Uneven Lies were used for the round, and that the Green Speed, Tees, and Winds were right, it doesn't prove that Starter Clubs were used throughout the bag. That's why we encourage everyone to learn the skills to post your own screenshots, ideally getting a 'full bag view' for your 'approach' screenshot.

Yes, it's redundant for you both to post every card and stat page, but make sure you've captured them to your computer in case your partner forgets/loses them. You don't want to rule yourself out of the running for special prizes.

So, one player can post everything, with the other player adding their game screenshots only (i.e. no need for 2nd player to duplicate card and stat pics). And if you really can't post, that's OK. I've paired up people without Screenshot skills with those that have them. Just have your playing partner also take a screenshot of you playing an approach (that at least will provide some evidence of Starter clubs).

Essentially, we're all counter-validating each other's use of the right clubs and balls. Just like in real-life golf, a playing partner has a responsibility to the field to make sure the rules are followed. Get in the habit of watching your partner's shots early in the round and don't be afraid to point out a problem if you see one. Better to catch an honest mistake early (and it's very easy to leave a wrong club in the bag) than to go through a whole round unable to use a particular club, or worse, have to start over.

With all this talk about Screenshots, this is a good moment to point out that the 3rd post of the Opening page of the thread has all the information and examples you need for the tourney:

I'm copying the post here for immediate viewing:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCORECARD AND SCREENSHOT POSTING GUIDELINES:

As well as final Front 9 & Back 9 scorecard snapshots, you'll need to remember to take full screen shots on your 2nd shot on any of the last five holesas well as on the Green, to verify Uneven Lies, and other conditions.

SCREENSHOT EXAMPLES

Here's what you'll need to capture from your rounds:

Approach shot (from 18th, or any of the last 5 holes):

Green shot (from 18th, or any of the last 5 holes):

Scorecard (Front and Back 9):

... and, in order to be eligible for special prizes, you must include Stats showing Greens in Regulation and Distance to the Pin, and for Longest Putt prize, the Putting tab (and hey, since it's fascinating reading, just go ahead and include the full stats set!)

Examples below (from prior tourney setup, different conditions):

You can paste them all together as I've done here (using a photo-editing program), or have them as separate images. Please only resize down for forum posting to 450px width: please also retain ability for us to right-click open image to see in legible size. And please also leave the pics active: don't delete them from your photo-service account too soon! Thanks!

If you can capture the Bag as I've done here (hover over bag before screengrab), then that's best of all as it verifies the full set of Starters. 

If anyone's having difficulties with finding a photo-hosting service online, I highly recommend: http://img.acianetmedia.com

***** ALSO, PLEASE NOTE: Disconnections are highly possible during your round, and because Uneven Lies is in practice mode, the game won't be saved, and you'll have to restart. Do consider grabbing card and stats shots during the round, especially after front9, and even card shots after each hole, in case you get cut off, and have to try and pick up later. Proposed rulings in the event of disconnects are here.  ******

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 6:32 AM

Corwin, was you able to get me in, not seeing a new pairing board

Gary

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 7:46 AM

We'll get you in Gary, don't worry.

I just need more complete info from the other late signups to work out who should partner who:

Corwyn:

We have some late signups today...

but some of the info provided is incomplete, or ambiguous:

acegolfnut: You didn't click any time slots. We need some availability data from you if we're to pair you up with a playing partner. Please re-fill the form here. Thanks!

Wassernixe & devonnnnn: Your form entries under "Exceptions" both said "Saturday" ... do you mean that's a good or a bad day?

FairwayRuepel68: similar ambiguity... when you said Mo-Sat, should I take that to mean those are the only days you can play (i.e. not Sunday)?

Thanks!

Hopefully, we can wrap up the pairings asap today.

Thanks for your patience!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 10:11 AM

Absent any responses, I'm just going ahead and suggesting the following pairings for the last-minute entrants. Let me know if there are any problems. 

IMPORTANT: Please read instructions in this first page post:

woodoworkery  &  devonnnnn

Wassernixe  &  FairwayRuepel68

and acegolfnut  to play with a marker.

All right, everyone, we're all set! Let's play some golf! See you on the course.

... and Good luck!

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:34 AM

wassernixe:

Corwyn:

Wassernixe & devonnnnn: Your form entries under "Exceptions" both said "Saturday" ... do you mean that's a good or a bad day?

hello,
    in the evening I have Saturday always between 18.00 and 21.00 o'clock my times
    greeting herbert

bump

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:41 AM

Herbert,

Your posts must have been under moderation... ? Sorry I missed it.

I'm still not clear if Saturday is the only day you can play, or not?

I've paired you up with FairwayRuepel68. Can you connect and see if it can work to play together? Thanks!

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 2:36 PM

Had some time to kill so I thought I would get some practice in using my regular set-up.

After it is all said and done I wish I would have recorded the whole thing.

Hole #9 @ Oakmont Uneven Lies

• joewaters
    258 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 3:53 PM

A Question, do u combine those screenshots befor u upload to the file share. if so what prog do u use

I am practising now and will have a practice upload to here when i'm done, hope u don't mind

Joe

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 4:08 PM

Myself and jason decided this tourney is not for us. Corwyn could you please remove me from the tournament.

Regards

Mo

• Daboofness
    438 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 4:23 PM

That was fun...in an excruciating painful execution and torture style way.

Played R1 with GLADSTONESCREWER...here's the 100 images of the round, cards, stats, etc...

RSS