Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 4:19 PM

MizzyMan:

Hey Corwyn,

I hope I'm not too late, but I would like to throw in a sleeve of lvl71 Nikes or 450cr into the prize pool. Not sure if everyone is required to post a screenshot of the putting stats but I would like to see the prize go to whoever has the longest total distance of putts throughout the tourney. If that doesn't work, you are welcome decide on a proper prize.

Mizzy

That's a great offer Mizzy, and a lovely idea for the prize. Longest total distance of putts... I like it!

So far, we haven't specified that players have to post the putting stats as well, but this would give them a great incentive. I always think it's much more interesting to see the picture of someone's whole round with every stats tab... and a colorful description, of course!

MizzyMan:

After reading the post about splitting up the 9's to ensure a "checkpoint", I now have a question. Is there anyway a player can finish a round once a playing partner disconnects? I only say this because I am on a satellite connection and it's not that great, especially when a single disconnection can be the end. I would hate to ruin a good round for my playing partner if I get disconnected.

Mizzy

Thanks for flagging this up, and being so considerate of others.

Sadly, there isn't a way to finish the round. Because WGT is currently only offering Unevens in practice mode, games are not saved after a disconnect, and cannot be resumed. Hence the suggestion that you grab card shots frequently. I think it only happened once during the last tourney, but of course, it happened when someone was playing great.

Hmmm... this is tricky. Are you frequently unable to finish a multiplayer game?

If the chances aren't good, then I wonder if we should put you with a marker, at least for first couple of rounds to see how things go? I'd be happy to do that (and treat it as no-risk practice for myself), and I'm sure others would be willing to offer that too. It looks as if alosso, hyena, franbo, and myself all have good YES overlap with your times, and we all offered to be markers. Why don't you message one of us once you settle on a date?

(Mati: we might have to switch you after all. Stay tuned!)

Is there anyone else dealing with a dodgy internet connection?

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 4:39 PM

Hello,

My name is WGTpizza and I am a forum moderator on this forum. Without naming any names (Mbaggese), It has been brought to my attention that this thread contains high amounts of "fun".

Fun, as of late, is an illegal activity on WGT. Has no one here seen the recent changes to the elite prizes available for players who make a lot of winnings? Surely, there is no possibility of "fun" on WGT any more, so please cease and desist the spreading of "fun" on these forums...

...in all seriousness - that was a joke, and I am glad to see people carrying on as if the world did not end with the latest update. Have fun and good luck to all!   :)

P.S - In case anyone needs it: Here is the sign up for this tourney

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• MizzyMan
    52 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 5:00 PM

Corwyn:

Thanks for flagging this up, and being so considerate of others.

Sadly, there isn't a way to finish the round. Because WGT is currently only offering Unevens in practice mode, games are not saved after a disconnect, and cannot be resumed. Hence the suggestion that you grab card shots frequently. I think it only happened once during the last tourney, but of course, it happened when someone was playing great.

Hmmm... this is tricky. Are you frequently unable to finish a multiplayer game?

If the chances aren't good, then I wonder if we should put you with a marker, at least for first couple of rounds to see how things go? I'd be happy to do that (and treat it as no-risk practice for myself), and I'm sure others would be willing to offer that too. It looks as if alosso, hyena, franbo, and myself all have good YES overlap with your times, and we all offered to be markers. Why don't you message one of us once you settle on a date?

(Mati: we might have to switch you after all. Stay tuned!)

Is there anyone else dealing with a dodgy internet connection?

Well, I feel like I usually use one of my three disconnections during a multiplayer game, whether it be due to my poor internet connection at home or a flash player crash. I play on a laptop so there are some occasions where I am able to play on a better connection.

If anyone that reads this wants to play a "practice" round in the next hour, I would like to test it out.

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 5:05 PM

WGTpizza:

Hello,

My name is WGTpizza and I am a forum moderator on this forum. Without naming any names (Mbaggese), It has been brought to my attention that this thread contains high amounts of "fun".

Fun, as of late, is an illegal activity on WGT. Has no one here seen the recent changes to the elite prizes available for players who make a lot of winnings? Surely, there is no possibility of "fun" on WGT any more, so please cease and desist the spreading of "fun" on these forums...

...in all seriousness - that was a joke, and I am glad to see people carrying on as if the world did not end with the latest update. Have fun and good luck to all!   :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

Nice post Pizza.

It's good to see you can still crack a joke, what with all the hassle you and Icon must be getting.

You have to understand that you're the only focal point the community has to vent it's anger about the removal of the ONLY viable (almost) and worthwhile prizes most players had to aim for, and the idiotic pricing of worthless avatars and bags, and until someone who's actually part of that craziness comes forward and answers some questions, you will continue to be.

Although you can't (and won't) admit it, I think you may agree with everyone's views.

Anyway, back on the topic of this thread.....I've just had a few practice holes of the first round and I wish I'd never said I'll play now.......It's like I've just started again!

Bring on the mayhem!

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 5:13 PM

unclenewy:
    You have to understand that you're the only focal point the community has to vent it's anger about the removal of the ONLY viable (almost) and worthwhile prizes most players had to aim for, and the idiotic pricing of worthless avatars and bags, and until someone who's actually part of that craziness comes forward and answers some questions, you will continue to be.

Believe me when I say I am VERY aware of this... I don't like the lack of information as much as the community does.

unclenewy:
    Although you can't (and won't) admit it, I think you may agree with everyone's views.

Out of all the posts calling me names, insulting my intelligence, etc. - no one has asked for my opinion until now. Only baited, obviously unanswerable questions like "Would you buy an avatar for 500,000 credits?"

My opinion is that the "Elite collection" should be comprised of items that are exorbitantly priced, but equally rare and/or unique. I am a supporter of the "chat with misterwgt" item, and it's price.

However, something like "custom avatars" (a feature the community has requested for many years) should not go in to the "Elite collection". It should be made available for the average spender.

I am confident that there is a reasoning behind this decision, however I do not know the reason. If I had more (or as soon as I get more) information, I'd be sure to post it on the forums.

Until then, this is just another release for WGT. Let's all have some fun while the company sorts out the endless feedback I have been giving them :)

(Sorry for the thread hijack, feel free to carry on with the original topic)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• MizzyMan
    52 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 5:26 PM

Hey Pizza,

Since you decided hop in this thread, I had this idea after joining this tourney. 

Is there anyway that an Uneven Lies symbol can be added to the scorecard so we can easily differentiate it from a normal round? It might be a nice feature and we wouldn't need screenshots to have proof of that it was played a certain way.

Mizzy

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 5:28 PM

MizzyMan:
    Since you decided hop in this thread, I had this idea after joining this tourney. 

A good suggestion, but be sure to put it in the appropriate section, preferably in it's own thread.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 5:31 PM

WGTpizza:

Hello,

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

AND,,,leave it to an Elite CC member to bring on that fun. Corwyn and Cerino BOTH do an outstanding job organizing and running this Community Org. Toruns. HUGE props to both you gentlemen. 

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 6:24 PM

WGTpizza:

My opinion is that the "Elite collection" should be comprised of items that are exorbitantly priced, but equally rare and/or unique. I am a supporter of the "chat with misterwgt" item, and it's price.

However, something like "custom avatars" (a feature the community has requested for many years) should not go in to the "Elite collection". It should be made available for the average spender.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

FINALLY pizza you make a post I like. YES it should be available to the average WGTer

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 6:50 PM

We have some late signups today...

but some of the info provided is incomplete, or ambiguous:

acegolfnut: You didn't click any time slots. We need some availability data from you if we're to pair you up with a playing partner. Please re-fill the form here. Thanks!

Wassernixe & devonnnnn: Your form entries under "Exceptions" both said "Saturday" ... do you mean that's a good or a bad day?

FairwayRuepel68: similar ambiguity... when you said Mo-Sat, should I take that to mean those are the only days you can play (i.e. not Sunday)?

Thanks!

RSS