Forums

Help › Forums

Bilko's Wind Calculator Now A Program

Mon, Aug 14 2023 7:11 PM (175 replies)
  • egonweber
    365 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 4:59 PM

Wheels65:

As I said - AWESOME (or something else!!)

Well i wouldnt call it awesome, its to easy to see its a restart tourlegend or sowhat, a multiaccounter could be as well! His problem when wgt close his accounts down, cause its clearly against their ruleset here!

Egon

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 5:05 PM

should just ban dupe ip's ... see who drops from the game.......... I think most people would get a huge shock.

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 5:13 PM

Egon - I don't know how to "bury my tongue any deeper in my cheek"  ; - )

(EDIT) Sorry - that is American slang for I'm being sarcastic!!

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 10:11 PM

Mushy01:

should just ban dupe ip's ... see who drops from the game.......... I think most people would get a huge shock.

+1 lol

Edit: Might not be many left to play the game. hehe  ;)

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 11:47 PM

geraldlarousse:

Mushy01:

+1 lol

Edit: Might not be many left to play the game. hehe  ;)

+100

However, they've done that a couple of times only to get a very public slagging off on this forum for "picking on my 14 year old son".

I find it truly amazing the number of dedicated mothers and fathers who appear to be spending many hours every day teaching their huge brood how to play WGT golf. Such dedication to family values is to be encouraged not stifled! ;-)

• BigInigoMontoya
    208 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 6:36 AM

Having some trouble with the putter calculator.  Had a 58 (IIRC) foot putt at Bethpage with a 5inch elevation decrease.  The calculator told me give it a ride 53 feet, but the putt was entirely downhill!!!!!!  This was on very fast greens, so if I had hit it that hard, I think I would have ended up a good 10 yards off the green.

So, my question is, how can I make adjustments based on if I have an uphill or downhill putt??  Up to this point most of my rounds have been on Fast greens, and I'm having some trouble figuring out distance control on Very Fast greens.  Once I have better clubs I hope to resume stroke play rounds from the Tour Pro tier, but I want to make sure I have the greens figured out first.

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:24 PM

Big,

Love Ya - mean it!

This thread is on wind - putting threads can be found in the "SEARCH" box to the right.>>

To answer your question, however, Forum GENERAL 'standard" is add 1ft for each inch up and and subtract 1 ft for each down (now watch the 'nitpickers' come out).

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 7:09 PM

ya hit it 53 works u wont go that fast just hit I use I all time works gr8

• bambino12
    633 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 7:48 PM

Just a thought in real golf you talk to your caddy if your a pro check the wind and play your shot,amazing isnt it you have to do it basically yourself ,unless you have a caddy and even then you make the decision its called the elements wind rain etc thats called for real.In our game or when i play i struggle with the wind on a ongoing basis its called a game its meant to be that way thats what makes it interesting and when i get it right fun,because i have got it right because its a game.As regards using cheats to play this game its endemic but id rather play bad and lose a game its only a game, than win with numerous aids.When tigers world fell apart no aid that existed could help him he kept playing the game as awful as it was,i know only too well, till he got his head and heart right thats called perservance and gd luck to him,so if your game is going sideways just keep playing ive been there lots its more fun when you dont take shortcuts.

To those who do all the best, to those who dont thats why we keep playing to get it back.

B

RSS