Forums

Help › Forums

USGA Virtual Championship Discussion Thread

Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:59 AM (111 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 6:52 AM

I agree.   Great Clip.   I Die Laughing at seeing the same things (or worse things!) happening to the Pros on the 1st and 2nd Greens as happen to all of us.

Back to the matter at hand....Who is going to Wreck EVERYTHING for the players currently at 65?

Just looked this morning and 2 more scores of 64 or less will move the cut down to 64.

WIll be keeping an eye on it.   Good Luck to all - AtlantaCoaster

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 8:54 AM

AtlantaCoaster:
    Who is going to Wreck EVERYTHING for the players currently at 65?

It ain't EVERYTHING to me AC.  I'll bet the sun still comes up tomorrow eh?

I've been expecting a 64 cut line now for a couple of weeks and quite surprised it hadn't happened before today.

Congrats on your 62 AC and best of luck in the tournament itself!

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 2:53 PM

Just a little under an hour remaining and it is now guaranteed.  A 64 will earn you an appearance in the final rounds of the USGA Virtual Championship.  Congrats to those who have already made it and best of luck to those looking for some magic before the final bell!

Remember, all qualifying scores must be posted by 11:59PM PDT tonight!  That means your final putt needs to be in the hole on #18 before the deadline!  Any putts dropping after 11:59PM PDT tonight will have exceeded the deadline and will not count towards the qualifying!

For those with no doubts that they are going forward there will be a brief hiatus tonight between midnight PDT and 1:00AM while the finals are made ready.  Round 1 of the finals will get underway shortly after 1:00AM PDT.  It may not be necessary to mention, but I want to remind everyone that the final rounds are SINGLE PLAY.  You only get one shot at the final rounds, so do your best and make them count!

If you forfeit your round accidentally we cannot reset your account or give you another chance to play.  Make sure you do not accidentally forfeit yourself!

----

Schedule for the Final Rounds of the USGA Virtual Championship:

Round 1: 1:00 AM PDT July 12th - 11:59PM PDT July 15th (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur)

Round 2: 1:00 AM PDT July 17th - 11:59PM PDT July 18th (Fri, Sat, Sun)

There will be an 18-hole playoff on Monday, July 19th if 2 or more players are tied at the conclusion of the final rounds!

All times are listed as Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7)!!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 4:52 PM

My hearty congratulation to all that made the cut.

I tried so hard but just aint good enough.

Play well!

• AlbinoRhino
    15 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 10:14 PM

I was unfortunate to shoot nothing better than a 65 prior to this afternoon. This game is a lot of fun and I really enjoy it, but WGT should be somewhat embarrassed to have not added more server capacity closer to the final day of qualifying. The game has been almost unplayable with lag since 6pm PDT and I never have lag problems.Couldn't we have expected there would be a lot of use on the server?

• Serj
    57 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 10:51 PM

Just qualified with a little over an hour left! I'm still shaking lol. Gotta try to shake these nerves off. Thankfully I was -7 under going into 18 and could play nice and conservative and 3 putt to get my 64. Definitely the most nerve-racking round I've ever played.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 12:27 AM

That's it everybody!  The qualifying round for the USGA Virtual Championship is officially over!

Congratulations to all 161 players who made the final cut which fell at 64 (-6).  First round action begins shortly.  First round scores are due in the cup by 11:59PM PDT on Thursday, July 16th.  If you have not posted your first round score by then you will be withdrawn from the tournament!  Don't wait until the last minute!

Thank you to all who participated in the qualifier and best of luck to those playing in the final rounds!

Stay tuned for more updates!

----

Schedule for the Final Rounds of the USGA Virtual Championship:

Round 1: 1:00 AM PDT July 12th - 11:59PM PDT July 15th (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur)

Round 2: 1:00 AM PDT July 16th - 11:59PM PDT July 18th (Fri, Sat, Sun)

There will be an 18-hole playoff on Monday July 19th if 2 or more players are tied at the conclusion of the final rounds!

All times are listed as Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7)!!

• DougBieker
    333 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 2:12 AM

Good morning......I believe my qualifying round was a 63 however I am currently unable to enter the USGA championship do I need to do anything????

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 2:29 AM

Hi Niv,

It won't let me play either - even though i had an email saying i'd won 1 years USGA Membership - i also shot a 63 in qualifying. When i go to the screen there's no Play Now button.

• andyoz
    465 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 2:48 AM

Same here, shot a 63 but can't seem to sign up for the final two rounds?  Oh dear. 

RSS