Forums

Help › Forums

Have any of you???????????

Wed, May 26 2010 3:09 PM (6 replies)
  • rpcdllc
    48 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 4:52 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I was just wondering if any of you out there have experienced the same situation I find myself in right now.

That would be that my game has gone to *hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was doing pretty good as a Pro and advanced to Master, had a bit of a learning curve with tougher conditions and new clubs and the BAMMMM!!! Like I hit a brick wall.

Now can’t seem to do anything right, missing ding mark by a mile  like my finger is controlled by someone else, can’t judge a shot and well putting, let’s just not even go there!!

If you’ve gone through this did you do to get out of it? Just plow along, take a break, etc?

Just curious what you all have to say, Thanks

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 5:05 AM

This is one of those things that I love/hate about this game.

It compares to my real game so well. I will be playing great (for me) and then all of a sudden it all goes to crap. Don't feel like I changed anything but it is gone.

I would suggest playing some CTTH comps to try and get your feel back. Playing the same shot over and over again in the CTTH's I find builds up confidence in your yardage calcs.

At the end of the day.....there will be an upswing and you will have that round where you can do no wrong.

Happy hitting

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 5:33 AM

rpcdllc:
    If you’ve gone through this did you do to get out of it? Just plow along, take a break, etc?

Exactly.

You have to be on your A-game to be able to compete as a Master. The game as a whole is geared totally different in the Master tier. Things like, faster greens, longer tee-shots, and a less forgiving sweet spot on the meter (ding). This is why it's important for pro's to post all their rounds and progress through the tiers naturally. It makes the Master hurdles easier to jump.

Keep playing and gain experience. That's the key to competing as a Master. IMO.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 6:13 AM

You just have to push through it... I promise you that that's what all of the other Masters are doing.

Usually, if I'm having a really bad day... I'll just get up and walk away, maybe go get a drink and watch some TV for a little while, and then get back on. The learning curve is big and hard to handle, but I promise it's something that you'll eventually have Master'd. (Heh)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 6:48 AM

rpcdllc:
    If you’ve gone through this did you do to get out of it?

It happened to me over Christmas last year. For 2 weeks I had no clue what to change because I was doing everything as usual but the results were getting pathetic. What eventually got me out of it was the frustration level. I got so frustrated that I stopped adjusting everything, took whatever the caddie said to play and just ran through the courses with a major attitude. Heh-almost like you're beating up on the course like it's the course's fault.

It went away as mysteriously as it appeared but what you find yourself with is a new appreciation for the depth of this game. You're in a slump (ask the Yankees about that) and it won't be your last so acknowledge it and keep going. GL

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 11:31 AM

Hell yes...  even though I took an extended time to become a Master, I still have no bloody clue what I'm doing there.

The drives, long irons, wedges... all about average... but that damn putting is going to be the absolute end of me...  lol

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 3:09 PM

Snaike:
    The drives, long irons, wedges... all about average... but that damn putting is going to be the absolute end of me...

You have to be on your A-game to be able to compete as a Master. The game as a whole is geared totally different in the Master tier. Things like, faster greens, longer tee-shots, and a less forgiving sweet spot on the meter (ding). This is why it's important for pro's to post all their rounds and progress through the tiers naturally. It makes the Master hurdles easier to jump.

I couldn't help myself Snaike. lol!  : )

RSS