Help › Forums

Need help with STA #17

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 23 2010 4:43 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 11:03 AM

Hey guys! I always dread getting to hole 17 at St Andrews. I was wondering if anyone has a replay of a great approach there. I usually just aim right of the bunker and let the ball roll towards the hole. Does anyone fly the ball over that front bunker and get it to stop? I would like to get it close there once in a while. Thanks for any help or suggestions...

Rehill

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 5:18 PM

Well, it`s not a "great" approach but, it was better than I expected. I dinged the drive and approach with full power and it landed just over the bunker, leaving 8ft. left to right, down 3inches.

I think if I aimed anymore towards the hole, it would have caught the downslope of the bunkers berm and flown the green. Still, not bad for a HB approach with the freebie balls. The replay`s on my profile...and don`t ask about the putt that I over-adjusted for and rimmed the hole with :).

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 2:44 AM

I've been less than 1 feet twice.... You need a nice L to R or headwind to be able to fly the ball over the bunker and stop it. Ball should land 2 yards right of the pin at beggining of the green, if you do it, it will roll a bit and stop very very close.

Hope it helps :)

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 4:39 AM

Has anyone driven their ball directly AT the buildings on this (or any other hole) yet?

It is something I am planning to try sometime when I am fooling around on a PRACTICE round.

I am just curious to know if WGT has it rigged with a "Smashing Window" sound effect or some other "enhancement" - but more likely the "LOST BALL" or "OUT OF BOUNDS" graphic just comes up with little fanfare.

This might even be one for andyson when he is bored LOL - after the REPLAY he shared with bouncing the ball across the bridge on St. Andrews # 1 this might be his territory.

Best Regards,  AtlantaCoaster

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 5:30 AM

AtlantaCoaster:
    This might even be one for andyson when he is bored LOL - after the REPLAY he shared with bouncing the ball across the bridge on St. Andrews # 1 this might be his territory.

'nuf said? LOL

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 5:39 AM

I view this as a defamatory post. Not funny.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 5:40 AM

I am so deeply filled with shame.  :-(

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 7:38 AM

andyson:
    'nuf said? LOL
    This is not a comment on the actual post above, Andyson... but as an aside...  

If you remember the last time someone (me) messed with someone else's avatar (him).... it didn't turn out too well.

I'm just trying to help.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 8:04 AM

Snaike:
    I'm just trying to help.

Thanks for your concern but this is all in fun and AC knows it.

No one ever "doodled" on a magazine photo when you're bored??

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 8:04 AM

Heh-That's Andy's style, albeit maybe a little crude. He was just saying it was devilish of AC to consider that. It might be a little far fetched to call AC the devil but when he does smack that corner apartment with his drive he can just say it was the devil in him!

• PAGES
RSS