Forums

Help › Forums

This game is becoming a joke

Wed, Sep 20 2017 9:08 PM (441 replies)
  • Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 11:25 AM

Look....it's the same old story.  Player plays a bad round, can't take it, comes here to whine.

Cycles is right.  In real life, you go through the same thing.  

Yesterday, though, I could do no wrong.  Chipped in from everywhere and hit putts from distances I only once dreamt about.  Today will be a completely different story I guarantee you.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 12:00 PM

Choppography:

Look....it's the same old story.  Player plays a bad round, can't take it, comes here to whine.

Cycles is right.  In real life, you go through the same thing.  

Yesterday, though, I could do no wrong.  Chipped in from everywhere and hit putts from distances I only once dreamt about.  Today will be a completely different story I guarantee you.

Shoot I go through cycles like that in the same round. Can do nothing wrong for 8 or 9 holes then fall apart after that. Case in point in a CC tourney Friday I was -5 on the front side of Congressional and then gave them all back on 10 and 11 and then just played even par the rest of the way. 

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 12:48 PM

You can believe what you want and I'll believe what I want; I won't drink the kool-aid.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 1:28 PM

pssssssssh

took 2 yrs to ALMOST tier up

every flippin day

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 1:32 PM

Cheers soup, you just made my important post go away.

Lizzie xx

• Cal1962
    5 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 3:59 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

And I guess I owe you a few beers....

After taking your advice and going back to the swing-meter clubs I scored an ACE.

Thanks for the advice.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2012 6:11 PM

STILL A JOKE.  Ok, back to my tournament now.

"I must become cognizant of all interfering factors." - lee22sharon

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2012 4:59 PM

Another of my posts has disappeared!

"I must become cognizant of all interfering factors." - lee22sharon

• MaSeVierBal
    157 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:37 PM

Heh, when I went from TP to Master, my avg. shot through the roof, and the game became noticeably more difficult.  I was annoyed, and it did put me off a bit, but I didn't blame WGT for that (and don't think the equipment I use is that bad, for now, and do plan on upgrading as I go along)  

The part of my game that was most affected was my approaches, they need to be handled quite a bit differently than at previous tiers.  Also, as someone already mentioned in this thread, course management starts becoming more important as you move up through the tiers.  You can't just aim where you like, and blast the ball, you have to think where it could land on the way to where you would like it to go.  Also, even if you shot was perfect in all aspects, you have to consider what position it puts you in for your next shot eg. will you have hazards to consider, or more green etc.

At least, that's my experience so far.

MSVB

• clucktrentsuperd
    224 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:52 PM

RIVERC YOU R A FRIEND ON HERE OF MINE ....BUBBA STICK WITH IT AND GET WITH ME ANYTIME U GOT DIFFICULTIES... INVITE ME IN A MATCH AND WE''LL KNOCK THE WALLS  DOWN. then.. maybe.........................................we can get these pieces of 8 to take this % shitola idea and throw it in the trash compactor...... worse idea i think i have ever seen in a gaming system///// penalize the person who DOES NOT QUIT????  wgt u tell me how that is anyway near close to being fair, and i will kiss those lilly white balloons as we chat     respectfully, cluck

RSS