Forums

Help › Forums

This game is becoming a joke

Wed, Sep 20 2017 9:08 PM (441 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,511 Posts
    Tue, May 16 2017 10:43 PM

11BC2:
    When I was in the Military you would pay for a monthly membership to military golf courses by Rank.  So back in 1995 when I was only an E4 it cost me around 22$ a month.  I was stationed in Hawaii at the time so unlimited golf at KauKau (on Schofield) and Leilehua (off base) for $20 something bucks a month. 

Sean,

Have you ever played at the Camp Casey Indian Head Golf Course while you were stationed in Dongducheon, Korea? Not a great great course (there used to be a better one in Yongsan Garrison), but a similar treat for American military personnel in the area like the one in Hawaii.

Its clubhouse restaurant serves one of the best T-bone steaks in the Peninsula as well. :-)

phred952:
    I know I'm just another dinosaur remembering the "Good Old Days".

And a salute of respect for you, Jeff. /(-.-)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, May 16 2017 11:56 PM

Thank you Simon.

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 12:29 AM

twinponds169:
    Can the VEM detect if you are playing practice games or ranked? I would gladly go hack out a few 100 sores if I knew the good VEM would be coming to visit me when I entered a tournament round, lol. :-)
    Lol.  That's an amazing idea (seriously!).  I find myself either doing a bunch of ReadyGo WD's or placing in the top 10 (seems to be no inbetween).  2 Weeks ago 80% WD, this week very good.  So..........................................

I'm going to create a red tee CC tournament a few days before the Congressional Open 2nd round starts and shoot a lot of par scores ;).  I'll probably try out the Tier Open right after.  I'll let you know how it works ^^^^.

@ Simon

I didn't play any golf while I was in Korea.  Anytime I was in the Yangson/Seoul my Katusa friends would either take me to live Brood War tournaments or to the COEX mall.  I watched Lim Yo Hwan play a live event in Pusan back in the day lol ;).

@ Jeff

Only time I was in the Hickam area was to grab a military hop to Travis AFB for some leave.  Those Air Force dudes had it good man.  They had their own bathrooms and even had elevators!!  Schofield Bks was 3 men per room and each floor had community latrines.

The memories ;)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,511 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 1:36 AM

11BC2:
    I didn't play any golf while I was in Korea.  Anytime I was in the Yangson/Seoul my Katusa friends would either take me to live Brood War tournaments or to the COEX mall.  I watched Lim Yo Hwan play a live event in Pusan back in the day lol ;).

MAN! You're REALLY into StarCraft, aren't you? Yeah, I even heard some sort of SC2 broadcast in one of your WGT videos. LOL 

Talking about SC, Blizzard is about to release the Remastered version this summer and there's a rumour in Korea that the StarLeague will be resurrected!

And here is Lim Yong-Hwan's best game for you, Sean. 14 years past already, but still an astonishing match it is!

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 2:22 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    MAN! You're REALLY into StarCraft, aren't you? Yeah, I even heard some sort of SC2 broadcast in one of your WGT videos. LOL 
    I watch at least 10-14 hours of it a week lol.  Got to A- rank in WGT Season 7 in BW and GM a few times in SC2 (lot's of it on Afreeca tv!)

And Starleague is already resurrected!  Right now we have:

• Starcraft 1 ASL S3
    • VSL S1
    • Starleauge S1 Premier
    • Starleague S1 Challenge
    • GSL S2 Code S
    • Starleague S1 Classic
    • TL.net Fight Club
    • KCM Legend Match

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,511 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 2:50 AM

11BC2:

I watch at least 10-14 hours of it a week lol.  Got to A- rank in WGT Season 7 in BW and GM a few times in SC2 (lot's of it on Afreeca tv!)

• Starcraft 1 ASL S3
    • VSL S1
    • Starleauge S1 Premier
    • GSL S2 Code S
    • Starleague S1 Classic
    • TL.net Fight Club
    • KCM Legend Match

Holy crap!! You do follow the events here closer than I do!! LOL

BTW, you and I gotta find a way to play together, dude. The thing is you and I play on different platforms, though. (It's not really playable from my laptop because of jumpy meter. I tried a few times and gave up!) I wonder when WGT will make inter-platform match possible.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 2:56 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

11BC2:

• Starcraft 1 ASL S3
    • VSL S1
    • Starleauge S1 Premier
    • GSL S2 Code S
    • Starleague S1 Classic
    • TL.net Fight Club
    • KCM Legend Match

Holy crap!! You do follow the events here closer than I do!! LOL

BTW, you and I gotta find a way to play together, dude. The thing is you and I play on different platforms, though. (It's not really playable from my laptop because of jumpy meter. I tried a few times and gave up!) I wonder when WGT will make inter-platform match possible.

There you go Simon, Here's a way for yourself & Sean to get it on!

2994110.aspx

Ken

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,511 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 3:49 AM

@Ken

Thanks for the tip, but it's not truly an inter-platform match because it's just the PC player playing on Android emulator instead of PC browser which he's familiarized with.

But once again, thanks for the idea, Ken. :-)

Cheers.

Simon

• Hackaroon
    31 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 4:40 AM

I don't understand what you mean when you say the program is set up to give me a bigger sweet spot. Having a sweet spot doesn't matter to me. Consistency does matter. When I'm  pulling the putter back 7.5 feet for a 7 foot shot all day long, then suddenly I need to pull it back 12 feet for that same shot or it comes up short, that's like a pitcher throwing a change-up when all you've been seeing are fastballs. But hey, this is golf, not baseball and it's only a video game! ( until, of course they throw real money into the mix) That's when you start seeing posts like this one, AND that's when you see members replying and defending WGT with literally thousands of posts between them all. I'm having a blast playing the game, but I can't get serious enough to bet on hole-in-ones anymore and certainly not join a CC to compete in tournaments. It's a game.

RSS