Forums

Help › Forums

This game is becoming a joke

Wed, Sep 20 2017 9:08 PM (441 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 8:23 AM

@ Hackaroon,

By not belonging to a CC I feel you are missing out on one of the best parts of this game.  In the CC I am a member of, I have some good friends, and our CC tournaments allow great competition between us.  I have also made contact with others through this forum that I think of as my friends, even if none of us will ever be able to get together in person.  Belonging to an active CC and enjoying the multi-player social side of this game are the best parts of it.

phred952

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 2:58 PM

Hackaroon:

When I'm  pulling the putter back 7.5 feet for a 7 foot shot all day long, then suddenly I need to pull it back 12 feet for that same shot 

Nah ! You post replay of a 7 foot putt that you have hit 12 foot and its come up short.......possibly you have used wrong scale.......i do it at times and been playing ages.

Or.........it was uphill.

• Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 3:07 PM

Hackaroon:
    but I can't get serious enough to bet on hole-in-ones anymore and certainly not join a CC to compete in tournaments. It's a game.

But the main point of joining a CC is not to compete in tournaments. Yes, one can obviously do that in a CC. The main point of a CC is to join a community. If you don't want that as part of your experience on here, that's fine. No worries. Even so, you are missing out on both learning more about the game as well as sharing the experience with others.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 12:55 PM

Today's laugh: came at the hole from three different directions and they were all down hill.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 2:06 PM

SHITE

• gonfission
    2,234 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 4:15 PM

Now I know there is a message up there , somewhere, Mr. Ton...

Let me get my magnifying glass, for the "fine" print, you posted  :-)))

Could it perhaps have been on the 12th, at Chambers Bay??

If so, putting is something on the disturbing side

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 6:43 PM

Many of us old timers have made this game a joke in one way or an other. We cut up and have fun playing an AS match, we make jokes, make fools of ourselves, or as some players do, post unbelievable low scores. If you enjoy the little past past time that is allowed, then have fun. There is so much about this game that is a total joke, and then there is the fun. It's your choice what you make of this. Simple as that.

RSS