Forums

Help › Forums

MAX balls

Sun, Sep 14 2014 5:30 PM (199 replies)
  • ihavefun
    32 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:02 AM

The slower meter speeds are not for seniors lol.  There are more people out there who want to slow their meter down than people over 65.  That's a biased, judgmental stereotypical opinion and isn't based on any demographics or facts.

For myself, like I said, the slower meter speed has improved my game which makes the balls worth the extra cost.

What I find most amusing, is the fact that this thread is ful of whining about these balls, by players who have stated that they dont even use them, not for the price, but because they feel the meter speed is useless for them?  So why are you even posting in this thread?  If you wont use them, and dont use them, how is your opinion relevant?  Just because the ball is useless to YOU, doesnt men that all of WGT should go without them.

To the statement that WGT is pricing themselves out of business?  I highly doubt that. We have seen this many times, with other sites, which I wont name here (you can google it if you are truly interested in educating yourselves) but there is always a majority of members in any free/paid membership sites, games or not, that want everything for free, and feel that the company OWES them something.

WGT doesnt owe anybody anything.  You get what you pay for.  If it wasnt for WGT you'd be sitting on your Xbox playing tiger woods 20XX, and without a forum to whine about it too I might add.  

The game is a good solid game.  The equipment is priced fairly reasonable, IMHO, and the support is fantastic.

No, I am not a WGT PR rep.  I am but a humble girl that enjoys playing golf, both on here and for real, and since Im buried under 6 feet of snow in the rockies right now, WGT is a god send.

Excuse me while I go smack a few MAX balls into the drink just out of spite.

• YankeeAirPirate
    124 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:44 PM

ihavefun:

The slower meter speeds are not for seniors lol.  There are more people out there who want to slow their meter down than people over 65.  That's a biased, judgmental stereotypical opinion and isn't based on any demographics or facts.

Quite a biased, judgmental, stereotypical opinion you just puked up there, ihavefun. Especially in that you offered no demographic evidence for your own contention, and especially since you insist on missing the point entirely.

WGT takes pride in trying to emulate RW (real world) golf as much as possible, right? So, where are the Senior tee boxes? The RW of golf recognizes RW phyisical realities such as aging. For that matter, it has always seemed just a bit two-faced that feminists haven't thrown a fit about being compensated by those red tee boxes. Isn't that just a bit chauvenistic, or even mysoginistic?

But back to the point. All businesses feel their way around to find a workable price point for a product or service. It's called "what the market will bear." So, if WGT feels that enough seniors and those with hand-eye coordination problems will cough up the wholly unwarranted 600 credits for the MAX Pro balls, and sales verifies that presumption, bingo, they've created a new cash cow that costs them no more to make than their freebie and everlasting WGT balls. BUT, if enough customers raise hell about it the price -- especially the price gouge pain compounded by the ethereal 2-ball Durability rating -- then they'll adjust their price down. Throw as "special" that they just end up deciding to make "extended indefinitely." It's biz.

And yes dear, and I'm talking to ewe, it definitely IS mostly seniors who NEED the slow meter, for obvious reasons. Young bucks and does who WANT a meter that slow are simply being lazy or just aren't all that competitive as they probably do possess the reflexes and hand-eye coordination to use a higher performance (thus, faster meter) ball to best an equally skilled player using the MAX Pro ball.

Which brings up the final point. Golf at WGT is competitive. Competitive for real money (called "credits"). That would suggest that all who are participating will seek to match their equipment to their physical abilities for their personal best performance. In the case of seniors, that'll translate into a trade-off. Shorter distance and spin for a slow meter ball versus their opponent who can (they suppose) handle the faster meter ball and gain the distance and spin advantage. But irregularities in swing meters themselves will invariably bite the faster metered balls to a greater degree and more often than us "dinkers" trundling along from behind, plinking the ball short but accurate. Sound familiar? Take on an auldephardt hitting from the senior tees in the RW and see how you fare. Short, down the middle, on in regulation and 2 putt. Slow and steady versus long, erratic and a bit impulsive with the putter = bogey.

Nutshell -- all you do is enable a price point windfall experiment (what we bold customers point out as a 'gouge') by accepting the abuse without so much as a whimpter. In fact, by gushing all over the forum about how wonderful is the MAX Pro and how reasonable you find the price. Of course, that only suggests that you have more dollars than cents, and you could care less how your endorsement of the obese price point will affect those who aren't so cavalier about where their (or "daddy's") money goes. So, climb down off your high horse, fun girl. You're over your head.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:15 PM

WGTadmin2:

Chris you hit is right on the head, we have a lot of different types of players and our goals is to bring people more choices so they can customize the game for themselves.

Cheers!

Not like you're making "real"ones----the prices are getting to be a little much don't ya think?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:37 PM

YankeeAirPirate:
    Would that all WGT "customers" as docile and uncomplaining as you, ihavefun. Or are you a WGT PR mole? Look, it's a friggin gouge. Who are the obvious customers for the slow meter balls? Seniors, of course. At age 68

Bzzzzzt

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:40 PM

YankeeAirPirate:
    Quite a biased, judgmental, stereotypical opinion you just puked up there, ihavefun.

As YOU mentioned previously

There are a few top players here that use those balls

They are not as you mention

But play well (better) with a slower meter.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:13 PM

And I'm about to turn 72 and use the Nike. I actually ding my long clubs more often than my putts. My meter, putting, is half the speed of the driver and irons. Generalizations are fine but they rarely describe the population as a whole.

• Shadowmike
    14 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 6:43 AM

Just out of idle curiosity I recorded my efforts against the meter for a couple of matches.  I averaged only 18% dings and 30% dings plus just missed.

I use low speed gear, all in first segment except wedges which are about half way matched with Tour SD’s which are zero feel balls. Im in my fourties so neither an old crumbly or a young gun.

I would like to used these max balls but at 600c a go it’s not likely.

I wonder how many people that have posted on this thread actually know their ding average as it’s not recorded in stats anywhere and whether any of the extra feel balls actually make a difference. Maybe they just make you feel better...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 8:27 AM

bubbadork:

And I'm about to turn 72 and use the Nike. I actually ding my long clubs more often than my putts. My meter, putting, is half the speed of the driver and irons. Generalizations are fine but they rarely describe the population as a whole.

With four different meter speeds in your bag you really make it difficult on yourself. You're dinging the fastest one the most, too. Wow. I'm not sure about that putting speed being half, though. The driver is the 2nd slowest meter you have and the irons are the fastest.

I suspect the reason a lot of players like the R11/CG combo is because the driver, 3W and wedges all have the same speed with the R11 irons being quicker (same as those Burners.) Just 2 speeds to master. Enter the MAX ball into the equation and you can see why players are forking over the dough.

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 8:31 AM

LOl, love that reply to the whiners!

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 1:41 PM

okay was "gifted" set of the MAX(pro) and gave them a try. Distance seems okay, about like my Calloways , spin could be better. Does slow down the meter, especially putting where I have the most trouble with the "ding". Yet they're like 200c more than Nike balls. If WGT wants them to be competitive they should drop the price a little. I probably won't by more.

RSS