Forums

Help › Forums

MAX balls

Sun, Sep 14 2014 5:30 PM (199 replies)
  • smehsmeh
    21 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:06 AM

agreed ! 

price is high. Put it this way , give Tiger woods a good ball and a range ball on the range . not gonna be much of a difference. 

This is the same for most people in real life. If I use a pro v1 I get the same results as a ram or other cheap golf ball 

*******When I can buy a pack of 3 pro v1 balls from my pro shop in real life for $12  I'm not spending $6 on Xballs in a damn virtual game lol it's almost a joke  *********

For virtual clubs and balls we should pay a small fraction on actual costs. When your prices start coming up on the actual cost of real products, you are getting crazy...

Just because you have a slow meter does not mean anything

For 600 credits I've bought these balls and they stop sometimes.  Distance I found to be great

Putting was good with these as well. But can be achieved with any lower grade ball

But the I can play with a wgt gi-d ball and shoot the same as I do with a max ball. 

not worth it for the credits, especially when you figure in they don't last long.  and some people don't have 10,000+ credits from sandbaggin the crap out of this site lol.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:18 AM

I agree with YJ.  I bought distance and spin, yeah, but I couldn't play at my current level without adapting for lie, wind, spin, landing zone, stuff like that.  I won't be able to play at what I feel is "real" legend level until I can get a handle on the putts.

I'm pretty good at the ding.  On or close with a spastic total miss every now and then.  My meter with my putter is about half the speed of my meter with the other clubs.  I do not ding better with putter.

I'll admit I analyze the hell out of the game.  I don't let the results slow down my game. Frankly, if the game wasn't amenable to gathering data and using it, I wouldn't be playing it. That weirdosity (age-old word I just made up) is probably why I became an engineer. The "dork" in my user name was chosen advisedly. ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:14 AM

bubbadork:
    I'll admit I analyze the hell out of the game.  I don't let the results slow down my game. Frankly, if the game wasn't amenable to gathering data and using it, I wouldn't be playing it.

Totally guilty of that myself. It's one thing to point and click. It's another to understand how and why. That's what keeps the mind sharp.  : -)

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 4:15 PM

YankeeJim:
    Not if you can't hit the ding. A slow meter doesn't make it automatic.

No, but for a price you can increase the chances of a ding with 400%

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:26 PM

i   am  in  love  with them X balls  ,  just  to  expensive , so i keep  them  to play  safe  courses ,away  from  water  ,  ect  .........      wish  i  had them  unlimited  LOL ,   but  good for  slow  brain,  and finger like mine Frapp,

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:26 PM

I used to think that the phrase, max balls, meant that a person was top notch. Now it seems to mean that a person can't hack it on normal terms. Maybe we need a Special Olympics of WGT.

• ihavefun
    32 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:02 PM

Say what you will about these balls, but thats all i use now (the 600 credit ones)

yes they are expensive.

For myself, at least, the extra cost is worth it to get the meter to slow down enough to actually control my swing better.  Ive cut at least one putt off every hole since ive started using these, and my iron control is much better as well.

I know this is no consolation to those who dont have credits, or dont have money to buy credits, but they cannot rop the prices on everything so that everyone can afford them.  The whole name of the game in business is to make money.  If you cant afford credits or whatnot, I'm really sorry, but if you arent buying credits, then you arent really a customer then are you?

If you dont want to buy the balls, then dont.  If you dont want to use them, dont.  But I buy these everytime, I keep at least 6 balls in my inventory, and unless they come up with something better that fits my needs  and skill level, I will continue to use them, regardxless of the cost.

• YankeeAirPirate
    124 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:09 PM

Would that all WGT "customers" as docile and uncomplaining as you, ihavefun. Or are you a WGT PR mole? Look, it's a friggin gouge. Who are the obvious customers for the slow meter balls? Seniors, of course. At age 68 I just don't have the reflexes I had at 25 when I was a respectably accomplished athlete. Yeah, the name of the game in business is to make money, but there has been more than one business that priced themselves OUT of business, namely by trying to gouge for a little bit more form a segment of their market that they felt would put up with it.

Can you give one good reason why those MAX Pro balls should cost 600 credits and have the longevity of a mayfly? It's a piece of code snip, THAT'S ALL! It's not like more expensive materials went into making that ball, as per real-life equipment. It's a gouge, pure and simple, and not everyone is so ovine as to just grin and bear it. I refuse to use the MAX Pro balls, out of principle.

Anyone who does simply grin and bear it, plunks down the 600 credits more often (shorter lifespan) than the 450 credits Callaway Slow Meter ball -- without raising hell about it -- is serving as an enabler for bad business behavior.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:04 AM

The MAX line does not make much sense to me. I could understand if they made stuff for us with bad "reflexes", but the new irons are the opposite - lightning meter speed that can only be cured with the MAX balls. Using them together you will still get worse performance, and faster meter speed, than with R11 and Nike.  

I would not mind taking the consequences of  having a hard time to hit the ding, I could accept  less precision as a tradeoff  for more forgiveness and slower meter speed, but at the Legend tier it is hard to give away distance. 

Somehow I feel they had a better balance in the shop a couple of years ago, when the top iron was the i15, but you could compromise with the Raptures to get a decent meter. The difference between balls was not so huge and you could get decent scores with most of them.   Now it is too extreme, the R11 are extremely good and combined with the Nike you get a meter that is similar to a "senior" set using an affordable ball.

The compromise you do now is only with economy.  

• jld51
    406 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:27 AM

ihavefun:
    If you dont want to buy the balls, then dont.  If you dont want to use them, dont.

Best ball out there , itsa free to pick what  you want ,if you cannot afford it dont moan about  the people that spend money on this site that keeps it going. 

PLAY IT FOR FREE 

You have your clubs free balls etc.if you want to progress that is up to you nothing in this life is completely free.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO  PAY 600 CREDITS FOR THE BALLS THEN DONT STOP MOANING.

Use the crazy golf  pitch and putt.

RSS