Forums

Help › Forums

MAX balls

Sun, Sep 14 2014 5:30 PM (199 replies)
  • chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 3:20 PM

Max balls, if you want em there there. If not don't try them. Simples.

Not tryed them because I like the spin control from nikes that they can't offer.

• YankeeAirPirate
    124 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 7:27 PM

So, it sounds like we're all agreed then. Since the only difference between a 200 credit Srixon and the 600 credit MAX Pro (with half-life gotcha feature) is a tweak of the algorithm, the price of the MAX is simply a gouge. Got it. THANKS, WGT. Duly noted and will be mentioned any time I'm asked by a potential new addiction patient about my impression of the folks who honcho WGT. That'd be: great game - hustlers running it. Really pisses me off.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:24 PM

It's a shame that you can't cash in your unwanted balls. The free Max ones have just added to my stash of unwanted ones in my bag. I must have nearly 200 now.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:55 PM

I tried one of my free ones for the first time a couple of days ago in a CC CTTH tourney.  They really do look bad, more like a UFO than a ball most of the time, particularly as they seem to be fuzzy when on the green. 

Hell of a slow meter though, makes finding the ding a doddle.  I managed under 60 on my second go.  Job done, back in the bag for the next CTTH.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:49 AM

Spammage:

... kind of like the dove balls ...

I haven't came across the way to get one of those Dove balls ! ... Sorry to ask, how did some of you get it ? ... Thanks.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:14 PM

Quijotazo:

Spammage:

... kind of like the dove balls ...

I haven't came across the way to get one of those Dove balls ! ... Sorry to ask, how did some of you get it ? ... Thanks.

There was a promotion a little over a year ago. Watch a dove ad and get a dove ball. They ran it for several months and many of us got many balls. Unfortunately it was for U.S. players only so anyone outside of the U.S. did not get them.I got something like 60 of them before they stopped doing it. They were like the Ryder cup balls from last week. WGT tour GI-SD balls but with the dove logo. 

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:28 PM

piztaker:
    he free Max ones have just added to my stash of unwanted ones in my bag. I must have nearly 200 now

inquiring minds want to know just how to get these 'free Max' balls :)

• noonandrew
    4 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:49 PM

How does one stop the unending replies to this thread from coming in through email? The 'Email me replies to this post' box is unchecked.

• gedi83
    277 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 3:18 AM

Btw, regarding the popular "if you don't like them, don't buy" line: it's not very reasonable. It is important not to forget that this game is about the competition, so if some people are using these balls (despite their cost), that improves their scores, and in order to compete adequately, one has to improve on balls as well... (these or others) Overall, what happens is that to remain competitive one has buy more and more expensive balls, whereas with strange disappearance of all (!) high stakes ready goes, the amount of credits that can be won per game (thus per ball usage) decreased significantly, effectively meaning that it becomes tougher and tougher to at least break even in these competitions and the effective rake WGT gets increases substantially (although the nominal rake remains 20%, but expenditures on balls increase a lot). I don't know if they think it's a brilliant business plan, but IMO in longer term it's a silly one, as more and more players will figure out what's going on, slowly become demotivated and may eventually cease playing...

• pjctas0822
    4,557 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 4:59 AM

duffer19:

piztaker:
    he free Max ones have just added to my stash of unwanted ones in my bag. I must have nearly 200 now

inquiring minds want to know just how to get these 'free Max' balls :)

200 free balls?? No way. Unless they were gifted because I didnt even know WGT was giving away a 600 credit ball for free to some. I probably hit em all in the lake but still some pay and some dont ? No way Piz I dont believe ya sorry.

RSS