Forums

Help › Forums

This game is garbage

Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:35 PM (35 replies)
  • inefekt
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 5:28 PM

Sorry, I know there are lots of fans of this 'game' but c'mon, it's just rubbish. There's absolutely no consistency with shot making whatsoever. You can hit the exact same shot ten times dead centre, in the same conditions (lie, wind, green speed etc) and get TEN DIFFERENT RESULTS! And those results can vary considerably. It's a joke and makes the game way too frustrating to play. I'm beginning to think that the developers make the free clubs behave like this deliberately in order to frustrate players into buying better clubs........well I'd tend to think it frustrates them into giving up on the game instead! 

I've been playing golf games for many years now, and I'm normally very good at them, but I've never come across a game like this, it's so poor it's not funny.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:08 PM

Aha!  A game that truely challenges you, like real golf, and you can't hang.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:10 PM

Good, satisfying scores are possible, but you must work for them.  Emphasis on the word "work".  When you achieve it'll truely be an accomplishment, not an, "Oh that was easy..."

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:14 PM

Doublemochaman:
    satisfying scores are possible, but you must work for them

just like that

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:21 PM

2 things that I can somewhat agree on:

1. Free clubs = crap       check

2.  Free clubs = crap = some players just leaving      check

Not all players will come to the forums to post "WTF is going on with these dumb clubs OR why does this game suck so bad!?"

Lots or probably MOST will just leave and never come back and dismiss the game as a very poor implementation of a Golf Game, which couldn't be further from the truth, sadly many will never get to find out how good the game really is. 

When I first started the deviations sure had me going and I sure as hell didn't want to spend money on a game where accuracy was terrible.  Of course then I posted here and found out that IF I spent money, the accuracy would improve but again, how many customers left and will never come back because THEY didn't know? 

There needs to be some kind of SHORT introductory message to each new member in order to avoid the mass Exodus of new players.

My 2 cents

Oh yeah, good scores won't happen in 2 days either like DMM says, practice, the free clubs are crappy but not THAT crappy, I used them for quite awhile and did alright and some players have even achieved a 65 or so average with them.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:49 PM

inefekt:
    I've been playing golf games for many years now, and I'm normally very good at them, but I've never come across a game like this

Welcome to the worlds most realistic on-line golf game.

What other virtual golfing site offers a chance to play for a Maserati, and other cool prizes?

Stick around, you can win too. It's free. "Play multiple times and have fun".

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:54 PM

inefekt:
    I've been playing golf games for many years now, and I'm normally very good at them, but I've never come across a game like this

Welcome to the worlds most realistic on-line golf game.

What other virtual golfing site offers a chance to play for a Maserati, and other cool prizes?

Stick around, you can win too. It's free. "Play multiple times and have fun".

Edit: Don't know how this happened. I only posted once.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:56 PM

Oh, and over a million people take this "garbage" out every day.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:03 PM

inefekt:

You can hit the exact same shot ten times dead centre, in the same conditions (lie, wind, green speed etc) and get TEN DIFFERENT RESULTS! And those results can vary considerably.

I laughed when I read this. This point is actually a really GOOD thing! It simulates all the variables in real life and how no two shots are the same. Good point, however this is a pro, not a con.

Rehill.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:10 PM

inefekt:
    You can hit the exact same shot ten times dead centre, in the same conditions (lie, wind, green speed etc) and get TEN DIFFERENT RESULTS! And those results can vary considerably

No mensa... that's golf.  Apparently you have been conditioned to play cartoon golf.  That's ok if that's your thing.

But that's not here.  Here is golf.  But if you really want to leave, I'll hold the door open for you.

RSS