Forums

Help › Forums

This game is garbage

Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:35 PM (35 replies)
  • micklen
    221 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:01 AM

I am totally and utterly p****d off at reading such utter moronic drivel from absolute d***heads who don't give the game even half a chance

That's it all I got to say

Mick

PS apologies for the censoring but as this is an open forum I presume.............

• Doctorfro
    449 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:50 AM

So should we assume that they build the meter lock in to frustrate the players too?  This is probably my biggest beef with the game.  If it weren't for that, it'd be fun.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:20 AM

Doctorfro:

So should we assume that they build the meter lock in to frustrate the players too?  This is probably my biggest beef with the game.  If it weren't for that, it'd be fun.

no? but it's the nearest you'll ever get to the yips

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:27 AM

Doctorfro:

WHAT meter lock?????  I never SEE this mysterious meter lock.  So therefore it's logical that it's NOT WGT's end but the PLAYERS end. But then how many times have I said this.  Very close to giving up  :-(

Frustrated Mick

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 5:42 AM

BillyDeeMarcus:

Sorry buddy but your post screams WUSS. My goodness, you can't master the game so you want to quit. That's the problem with video games today, they cater to the masses and their tears too much. I really hope WGT stays like it is and ignores complaints like this. WGT probably has to be one of the best video games I have played in a long time and I started with Atari. I get my a** kicked and I keep coming back for more. The creators of this game have nailed this and I've only been playing for about a month.

Your post, compared to the TS, is basically the difference between a man and a boy.

Men will struggle through and fight, while the boy will whine and go crying for his momma.

Hang in there with the game, you'll get better and when you do, it'll be that much sweeter.

Cheers.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 6:31 AM

I think a good idea for this game, to gain more members is a quality introduction to the game.  Let them play day one with any clubs they want with a timer and pop up that says "Welcome, as a new member, you have full access to the pro-shop at no charge for 24 hours.  Check the stats, choose your clubs, and go play some golf.  After 24 hours you will be defaulted to the free clubs".  That might give people a taste of the good life and will probably make more people stick with the game because it seems many newbies just get pissed off day 1 with the standard clubs with no idea how better equipment can perform.

• rainman692
    54 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 6:42 AM

I joined WGT last year during the US Open qualifications, I learned this game playing BB with STARTER CLUBS from the BLACK tees, there was no such thing as 275' drivers and 64° lob wedges. I broke 80 once, but tibbets and friends where consistently in the mid 60s with the same clubs. After that I made it to the master level with the same clubs, and only then I upgraded. So, you must practice, practice, practice and learn from your mistakes, this is no easy game, and the competition is fierce.

Keep trying

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 8:06 AM

rainman692:

So, you must practice, practice, practice and learn from your mistakes, this is no easy game, and the competition is fierce.

Keep trying

There speaks the truth - The whole truth - And nothing but the truth.  

Mick

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 8:18 AM

micklen:
    There speaks the truth - The whole truth - And nothing but the truth.

Does it ever. 77 was the best I could get back then. Remember the old Virginia Slims cigarette commercial?   "You've come a long way, baby!"  Gotta love playing with all the improvements.

BTW, the meter is today exactly like it was then. That tell you anything?

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 8:44 AM

inefekt:
    You can hit the exact same shot ten times dead centre, in the same conditions (lie, wind, green speed etc) and get TEN DIFFERENT RESULTS!

Well I understand what you mean as I experience it myself. But I can see that you're using only starter equipment. We can't expect miracles with those as this comparison shows:

WGT puts their prices according to the simple Law of Demand model. People are willing to pay for upgrades here for the simple reason that the game is more enjoyable when you have better equipment. The game is free in the sense that you can get the "feel of it" without paying.

Anyway if you want to acquire any good golf game on a console, you'll still have to fork out 60-70$!

Here, when you're good at it, you still have the opportunity to win credits/gift cards/travels and maybe who knows, in the future, money! (when the possibility of cheating will be a thing of the past)

Rob

RSS