Forums

Help › Forums

This game is garbage

Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:35 PM (35 replies)
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:13 PM

inefekt:
    I'm beginning to think that the developers make the free clubs behave like this deliberately in order to frustrate players into buying better clubs........well I'd tend to think it frustrates them into giving up on the game instead! 

Applause... Applause...Applause...You, Sir, are very observant.

No wait,thats exactly how I felt from time to time as I was progressing through this challenging,beautiful,strange,and wonderful game we call golf.Hell of a game though.

I wanted to, not only quit this horrible,revolting game,once upon a time I decided to just get rid of my computer all together.I thought it was the devil and that WGT was a demon spawn out to drive me,and me alone, out of my mind with that KW #4 green and pin placement.You know that green looks like a maxi-pad anyway.

I fought and fought with this game inefekt, learning that after all I have been through,the payoff for being able to even get in the top ten on a "RTG" leader board is truly a great feeling.

Don't give up on it and I really do know how you feeling.

Keep Swinging...

Larry 

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:20 PM

GITrDONE:

I wanted to, not only quit this horrible,revolting game,once upon a time I decided to just get rid of my computer all together.I thought it was the devil and that WGT was a demon spawn out to drive me,and me alone, out of my mind with that KW #4 green and pin placement.You know that green looks like a maxi-pad anyway.

Heard 4 called many things but that there is the funny of the week....

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:09 PM

inefekt:

You can hit the exact same shot ten times dead centre, in the same conditions (lie, wind, green speed etc) and get TEN DIFFERENT RESULTS!

Thank God that doesn't happen in real life!

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:12 PM

inefekt:

I've been playing golf games for many years now, and I'm normally very good at them, but I've never come across a game like this, it's so poor it's not funny.

I'm assuming you've never actually played golf in real life and have the perception that it's a cakewalk?

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:37 PM

TheLighterDark:

inefekt:

You can hit the exact same shot ten times dead centre, in the same conditions (lie, wind, green speed etc) and get TEN DIFFERENT RESULTS!

Thank God that doesn't happen in real life!

TLD are you being facetious?

How often on a real golf course will the (lie, wind, green speed) be exactly the same out of then shots? NONE! lol

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 10:19 PM

Hi,

The main thing you have to realise here, is that this is not a "game" - its a golf simulator !! OK ??? There's a big difference.

If you want to play a game of golf on your PC, go play TWO, but if you want something a bit more challenging - stick around.

Some players have actually made it to the Master Tier on these very same free clubs ....so ??

"I've been playing golf games for many years now, and I'm normally very good at them, but I've never come across a game like this,..." thats exactly right. This is a whole lot more challenging than anything you've ever seen or played before, hence it takes a lot of time, practice and patience to master it, something you're clearly not prepared to put in.

Sorry -  its just how I see it.

Cheers

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 10:32 PM

smason77:

How often on a real golf course will the (lie, wind, green speed) be exactly the same out of then shots? NONE! lol

On the driving range you can repeat the same shot over and over. In real life, however the outcome is influenced by hundreds of variables. Not getting the exact same result in WGT just shows how realistic it is.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 10:49 PM

rehill:

smason77:

On the driving range you can repeat the same shot over and over. In real life, however the outcome is influenced by hundreds of variables. Not getting the exact same result in WGT just shows how realistic it is.

Completely agree. That was my ultimate point.

Cheers

• BillyDeeMarcus
    2 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 10:49 PM

Sorry buddy but your post screams WUSS. My goodness, you can't master the game so you want to quit. That's the problem with video games today, they cater to the masses and their tears too much. I really hope WGT stays like it is and ignores complaints like this. WGT probably has to be one of the best video games I have played in a long time and I started with Atari. I get my a** kicked and I keep coming back for more. The creators of this game have nailed this and I've only been playing for about a month.

• IkeArumba
    99 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 1:14 AM
    Right on the money rehill. If I knew exactly where the ball was going on every shot, it wouild soon get very, very boring. For what it's worth, I've been playing PC golf games since about 1985 and can honestly say I've played about 90% of all the golf games published since that time. Hell, I even played "Mean 18" on the Commadore 64. I've spent a lot of money and a lot of time pursuing a real PC golf experience, and after spending a couple of bucks on better clubs and balls, learning the nuances, and practicing like hell, I've finally found it. Like rehill said, it's the variables that provide the realism. I play, I have fun, I forget my troubles for a while: what more can you ask for? Ike
RSS