Forums

Help › Forums

NEW CLUBS

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 10 2009 12:16 PM (76 replies)
  • woodleigh
    14 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 4:09 PM

Because I got so use to the starter clubs, I cant tell if this new set is better or worse with regard to realistic play, but if we're stuck with them, I'd like to see what my chances are of getting a caddy because I'm going to need some assistance and someone to take my frustrations out on.

• harold24915
    19 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 4:11 PM

I have to agree. I just played with the new clubs and the only differance I see is the sound when the ball is hit. This is not an improvement at all over the old clubs.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 5:25 PM

I just hope you guys come out with some new other sets, irons, woods and the like. Because going from tm/ping driver power bar to wgt iron power bar is really disconcerning. The speed of the driver bar is fine, but when you have to go back and forth the timing is shot. I would goto the wgt driver but thats a whole set of other problems. Basically like the new driver, get some matching clubs with the same speed bar sooner rather than later. I would have really thought that should have been done from the start of all this, just my .02.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 7:14 PM

This is like more like real golf....  can't hit the same shot twice...welcome to the real world !  this a realistic experiance...always unpredictable and a challenge. Kudos to the staff and keep up the good work ! Can't wait for more.  Keep up the good work !

• SteveKr
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 7:22 PM

Agreed... The new clubs DO suck.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 8:17 PM

NCVIZ - We will have meter speed matched sets in the future.  I also suggest taking practice swings to get the timing right.  Just pull the club back and let go without clicking.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 12:08 AM

On practice swings I'd like to be able to right-click (or mouse-wheel click) and have it still draw the white line on the swing meter as if it were a real shot. 

It's hard to practice the timing when you can't actually practice stopping the meter.  There's no way to know if you've got it right or not.

• NBrenner
    120 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 1:20 AM

Right click on the mouse? Donn't forgett the mac users :)

Maybe a button to change between practice swing and real swing would be O.K.

• DRWR
    7 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 6:02 AM

TP has it right - the new clubs are more realistic to those of us who actually play the game.  There will be a learning curve, and scores will be higher - so what.  Playing with the irons reminds me of playing with blades instead of game improvement clubs - and i can't wait until you have a set of ping irons available.  I know gamers will not like not being able to hit it inside 10 feet on every approach - but this is close to reality, except for touring pros.  I expect the best amateurs will end up with scoring averages in the 65-67 range.  If that is the case - can someone tell me what is wrong with that?  I'd love to play a real round with some of the egos who have posted some of the blistering critiques - and I would be willing to put my money and hcp where my mouth is. 

Old Caddie Saying - Keep up and shut up.

• mwb5010
    33 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 7:49 AM

LOOOOOTTTTTTSSSS of inconsistencies in the new clubs.  A perfect shot when hit by the average hacker probably may go further than they're used to, but any time i hit a perfect shot in real golf its always on line.  I hit a perfect shot on #1 aiming 1 yard right of the pin with a right to left wind of 3 mph, and my ball ended up 28ft right of the pin.  This shouldnt happen.  Perfect shots should always be on line, maybe with a little longer distance or some inconsistency there.

RSS