Forums

Help › Forums

NEW CLUBS

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 10 2009 12:16 PM (76 replies)
  • GripRip
    336 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 11:38 AM

This is your worst upgrade. It is like trying to use a set of pro clubs. Less distance, accuracy way off. All around they stink!!!!! BRING BACK THE OLD CLUBS< PLEASE!!!!!!

• vbangle
    5 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 11:47 AM

vpc1sgt could you be more of a brown noser? The updates are completely ridiculous because it took the fun out of the game. This is a complete FAIL on the part of the WGT.

• FredO56
    26 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 12:00 PM

seen a lot of complaints on clubs and a few passing remarks on putting. My score has went up also but it's because of the putting reminds me of when i first started 4 or 5 shots to make it into the cup. I  have made one birdie since the change and i am still trying to figure out how i made it. I used to make from 2 to 10 foot range now  i miss by a mile. I am new too golf but even on my worst day i dont play as bad as i do on here I liked the old clubs, i think they should have given us the option to upgrade to new clubs  I have a cheap set of Ram clubs think i could do better with them

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 12:09 PM

In this thread alone, 28 do not like the clubs, and their misgivings, and 9 did!! How much money are you going to make with 80% of your members gone??

• dmace2
    44 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 3:50 PM

Having been around since before the original launch, I have to say many of the complaints in this thread are extremely familiar.  While I agree that the swing meter and the game itself has been a lot more jumpy and unpredictable  since the upgrade, I suspect much of the frustration expressed is a result of the upgrade simply being different, not necessarily better or worse.  I'm reminded of comments made early on by nivlac, tibbets, iconian and others of the group consistently in the top ten, that  people frustrated by strange hops on drives, putts going somewhere other than where they aimed, and the like, needed to spend some time - and some concentration - figuring out the course itself and the characteristics of the game!

I suspect that many, if not most, of the problems being complained about are a result of having to break old habits and assumptions and learn the game all over again.  I'm nowhere near the top of even the hack tier but I have learned some things since the release that have kept my average pretty much what it was before the update. 

The bottom line:  for all intents and purposes, it's a new game all over again.  While that's frustrating because it forces you to relearn everything when you might have been just getting comfortable and making progress, it's also an opportunity to gain some new skills.  As WGTAlex said in  her description of the rollout, in reference to the issue of the impact of lie, you have to pay attention to subtleties you never had to before.  Plus, you have to be a lot more vigilant and accurate on your swing.

There's a saying that seems appropriate here:  It's the poor workman who blames his tools.

It's new.  It's different.  Try learning it for a while before you complain.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 4:51 PM

I posted in this in another thread, but it'll probably help here:

Just so everyone is aware (and maybe so some of the whining can stop) they have acknowledged the "over-sensitivity" on starter club mishits and are addressing the issue.

WGTAdmin - Thanks again for all the feedback.  We are reviewing why the starter clubs are so "touchy" . This seems to be the main issue.  Again we want them to be forgiving and we did not intent to make them less then the pre-beta set. We will address this.

This is why we have testing phases.  Stay patient.

• Hotai
    12 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 5:17 PM

PEOPLE,!!    get a  grip!!  I think the WGT game is  fantastic!! and lots of people are working hard to improve on the best one on the internet today! Look in the mirror and tell yourselves,,,, "Its only a game" I have a great time whether I win or lose, sure I want to win,, and that takes practice and perseverance. I have a chance to meet and interact with some great people not to mention making an incredible friend in the process.

Next time you feel like complaining,,  just think,, " Every day above ground is a GOOD  DAY"

PS.  Thanks WGT for all your dedication and I apologize for all those who think the world owes them something. Also,,,nivlaC, thank you for your relentless devotion on our behalf,,,,,,,,,,

Sincerely,

Kevin.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 5:45 PM

Hotai, well put.

• woodard
    7 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 6:12 PM

the new clubs really suck and you dont know if the wind will affect your ball or not,thanks for screwing up a good game

• coolbluedavid
    34 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 8:07 PM

haven't had too much of an issue with the new clubs ..they are more sensitive..than the old ones.....my issue is the swing meter...one or two holes it works great....then three or four holes it jumps  goes fast then slow.....stop then so fast you can't click  in the hiting zone.....thanks wgt ......and spring is just around the corner ..time for real golf........

RSS