Forums

Help › Forums

NEW CLUBS

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 10 2009 12:16 PM (76 replies)
  • ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 12:31 PM

Usually not one to complain, but lord guys. 1-2 pixels off and half the green. Suppose maybe it's the clubs, cause the driver seems a little more toned down, the new one that is. Although going from driver speed to the other clubs it a bit challenged to say the least. I'm trying to figure if you let the better players color you responses to newer things. To me you would want the common player to be able to do something, right now that's no chance. Just my .02...

• flanker06
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 12:42 PM

Appreciate the learning curve, but going from a skill challenge score of 99 and change yesterday to entering the same event today and not getting under 200 yet is a little frustrating.  Seems a little over-sensitive to me, but that's my opinion.  And the yardages still frustrate me - I mean, I can hit a wedge further than 90 yards as can most of us now.

• EZ5757
    9 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 12:57 PM

It is my understanding that beginner clubs offer the most forgiveness on mishits. With these new clubs I do not even want to try an advanced set from the pro shop. Very, very difficult to control. If you do not hit the new clubs perfect you have no chance.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 2:26 PM

Thanks for all your feedback so far. We are reading them, so keep them coming.

• lastplace
    7 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 2:30 PM

I don't like these new clubs at all.  I miss hit by a couple of pixels and the ball doesn't land anywhere near the green.  what happens if i miss by a lot.  for a beginner set there should be tons of forgiveness.

plus i swear sometimes the wind has no affect.  i hit a shot today and there were 9mph winds going straight left to right.  so i compensated by aiming more left.  the ball went perfectly straight to where i aimed it.  the wind didn't push it back right.  but then on another hole the wind was going up and a tiny bit right.  the ball looked like i hit with the worst slice.  both were almost perfect swings.

• JasonDurham
    216 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 3:00 PM

Im blown away at how badly the WGT did on these new clubs.

1 These are totaly the same as we had before, new sounds with the same if not worse preformance.

2 What is the point of buying name brand clubs if the set you gave us acts like this, does the name brand clubs give more distance and forgiveness?????

3 We ask for a power bar that would not punish us so bad on a mishit and now the power bar seems very lag.

Over all a total bust with these clubs.

• dman11
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 3:35 PM

I'm guessing the players that think these are great clubs are the ones either with top of the line computers or playing the game on 52 inch jumbo High Def TVs or both...

Way too unforgiving for us "Regular" players with 2 Ghz, 2 Gb Ram conputers and actual computer monitors...

• NBrenner
    120 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 4:03 PM

Sorry but with these new clubs (starter), wgt is no longer fun!

The game now is only a question of luck. If you have a not so good internet connection, you have no chance to play the game without having tons of luck!

That is the direct way to loose the community!

Please give us back our old clubs...

Greetings NBrenner

• KillerRabbit
    31 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 4:09 PM

no extra distance and you have to be more percise, wheres the improvement

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 4:09 PM

dman11:
    I'm guessing the players that think these are great clubs are the ones either with top of the line computers or playing the game on 52 inch jumbo High Def TVs or both...

I have a regular old 2.8 ghz pc with 2 gigs.  I play on an old 17" CRT monster. 

The basic clubs suck because they are supposed to. If you don't like the new clubs (who does) then buy better ones when they're available.  Better clubs = better performance = lower scores.

For now we'll just have to fight through it until we have irons and whole 9 yards.  Then you won't have to use starters any more.

RSS