Forums

Help › Forums

DOUBLE EAGLE CLUB

Tue, Mar 19 2024 5:37 PM (1,090 replies)
  • Lobwedgex60
    74 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 5:22 PM

Congrats Bedaball way to go my friend. 

Hey Columbia i disagree with the following :

"The board of Directors  has also decided that the Club will not accept further applications after the 50th member has been appointed. As of now there are 25 members, so please, please, keep trying, and never, ever, give up."

As President of the Double Club i disagree with this. Why limit it to 50 members?  I would think its only fair that if anybody gets a Double Eagle they should be allowed into the club not limit it doesn't sound right maybe we can work something out.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 10:57 AM

Does a hole in one on #6 at St a count. in stats

June 3,2010

• BeDaBall
    11 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 2:33 PM

Yes, my Stats show both a hole in one and a double eagle.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 5:47 PM

BeDaBall:

Yes, my Stats show both a hole in one and a double eagle.

congrats I did the same thing, my ball rolled down the right side of the fairway, rough, fesc ue, rough,4 kicking up to the green

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2010 4:27 AM

Lobwedgex60:
    As President of the Double Club i disagree with this. Why limit it to 50 members?  I would think its only fair that if anybody gets a Double Eagle they should be allowed into the club not limit it doesn't sound right maybe we can work something out.

Dear Mr.President, will you excuse me for being so terribly late in answering your post.

Having said that, the reason for my idea is that, since the number of Double Eagles is soaring, mainly because of the new clubs that turn some par 5's into par 4's, the exclusivity of the club is somewhat compromized.

The second reason is that I have very little time: I can play maybe 2 rounds a week, and my score in the US Open definetely shows that, so to manage the increasing number of Double Eagles is getting cumbersome.

But if you, as President, along with a number of our senior members, are favourable to keep increasing the club size, I will be hounoured to continue serving as Scorekeeper.

Please all members, I would like your opinion on the matter, and thanks again to all for your support

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, Jul 16 2010 6:32 AM

I just  want my due props

Ill take that nice wedge of Brie with my whine.

keep it in the short stuff

G

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 3:10 AM

Congratulations to gsoup and bedaball, both from the U.S. of A., respectively Member no. 27 and 28 of our Club. On the 3rd of June (the former) and on the 12th of July (the latter) they both holed a spectacular 356' drive on St.Andrews's 6th hole.

That we know of, there are only 5 confirmed ace/double eagles, plus 1 non confirmed officially but witnessed by another player.

The official board has been updated and the announcement is on the player's profile page.

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 11:23 PM

Our master craftsman has completed the trophies for the Club members. You will find them on your profile page. Congrats to all.

Keep trying

• waciii
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 6:02 PM
  • hewitt1968
    42 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 10:01 PM

waciii - did the same thing as you - got so excited the screen changed before I could initiate the replay :(

Nice to be part of the DEC and to get the hole in one, though

RSS