Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Upcoming Features

Mon, Oct 12 2009 1:54 PM (65 replies)
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 1:13 PM

Hi everyone, we published a list of planned product features today that should keep you more informed of new things coming up. We locked it to keep it clean because that is the copy we will update as things change, but we're also posting this thread to allow for discussion. The link is here: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/5038.aspx

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 1:15 PM

Overall it sounds pretty freakin' sweet to me.  Thanks for keeping us involved. =)

I'm particularly excited about the Match Play.  Will you be tallying win and loss records for ranked games?

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 1:21 PM

Hrm... no new pin placements... oversight?.... not on the radar?... or you just can't tell us ;)

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 1:31 PM

Yes we will tally up win and loss records vs. each tier and vs. your friends.

Pin placements is in the works but it has not been assigned to either bucket yet.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 1:42 PM

Digesting the list as we speak. 

I am very pleased that WGT has let us in on their plans .. (the ones they can speak of publically, that is)... but a bit disappointed as to what is missing.

So far, three things have me smiling.  New spin balls.. very good.  Pulling the pin... very good.  St Andrews Stroke Play...  (/DANCE "/WOOHOOO!!" /DANCE "/YIPEEEE!!" /DANCE) yea, that will be alright. 

And one has my interest piqued and I am very intrigued..  "Reputation tracking –see multiplayer game completion rates for every player"...   I find myself curiously drawn to this idea.

Anyway, thanks WGT for the peek inside!  Keep up the great work.

Peace

**Edit... I don't see a pony!!!

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:25 PM

We were going to wait until the holidays, but here goes:

Source: Google Images

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:27 PM

AWesome  thanks for the update!!!

My thoughts for what there worth. ( a dime and a pint)

Coming Soon

• Pinehurst #8 closest-to-the-hole challenge
    • New couses are awesome...but I sure would like to see  more full courses instead of ctch. Good choice of course though.
    • Match Play game format – go head-to-head with your buddies and see who’s top dog
    • Excellent revistion here.
    • New awards system – easier to read trophy case format
    • Sorry waste of time to me..put this on the back burner..
    • Additional friend feed content – see more activities from your friends
    • Excellent!This is needed
    • New inter....national payment methods (Maestro, WallieCard, iDEAL)
    • Ability to pull the flagstick
    • Pro-level balls with improved spin
    • All of the three above are very nice...

Feature Candidates for the Future

• St Andrews stroke play course
    • This should be a priority! period..Im getting sick of the same courses all the time. above all the stuff on top.
    • Multi Player closest-to-the-hole game format
    • Never thought of this..interesting.
    • Monthly and weekly multi-round tournaments
    • Same as  the above...good idea!
    • New outfits for avatars
    • Reputation tracking –see multiplayer game completion rates for every player
    • Ability to enter a reason for declining a multiplayer game invitation
    • Good stuff for above three
    • The Challenge at Lanai closest-to-the-hole course
    • The multi player closest to the hole make this more interesting  but..I think more full stroke play courses should be the absolute priority
    • “My Tournaments” section in player profile – track your status and standings in tournaments
    • “My Friends” tab for tracking friends’ results in tournaments
    • Leaderboards for game statistics
    • Shot-shaping and stance controls
    • Up/Down/Side hill lies
    • Perfect  please move those two items up to your priority list.
    • ability to save and share scorecards
    • MIght be important
    • Additional balls and clubs
    • .I like this stuff  if you give us more courses ill buy them..
    • Connect friend feed events to facebook
    • Additional awards

Some will say  why are you complaining? Im not  really..im pleased that improvments are coming..would like to see more speed on them though...and they do need reasonable feedback!!

• Yoshi
    141 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:33 PM

You guys are the best.  Been playing WGT since early last year when the only choice was closest to the pin.  I even have a screen print or two of my best rounds.

It's been a pleasure playing with all the new enhancements and now looking forward to many more!  I'd like to see new pin placements and maybe a little rain?  Even a Texas dust storm would add to the challenge.  Either way, the work that has gone in to producing this virtual game is undaunting and I highly commend WGT and its staff.  Congratulations on keeping us hooked for the long haul!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:33 PM

These things are absolute to me as essential..

Practise green and driving range..

up/down...sidehill lye

ability to work the ball...

More courses full stroke play would be my absolute

Hire more programers to move things along..please...

Atleast 3 pin placements on each green  with the ability to check which pin grouping will be used for the rnd..tourny concistancy etc.

like check box for pin position 1...2....3....perhaps random as a 4th option...this would greatly improve course playability..

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:35 PM

I can't wait for the new additions to be put into place.  Keep up the excellent work, and above all else keeping us informed.

RSS