Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Average Scores

Sun, Sep 2 2018 5:54 PM (136 replies)
  • JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 3:41 PM

Yeah, not fair, I want my av. to go down too...

Snap out of it mate.

• mikeharrisonda3
    351 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 8:43 AM

Hi, My average is 63.63 and tends to go down if I shooy a 63 (on  18) or 31 (on 9).

I am a legend and I believe that as long as I have played enough rounds I will move up on 63.

I know some courses (e.g. custom best of ) I just shot a 29 on chambers bay back 9 i.e. 6 below par.  No change on my handicap - is Chamber's Bay not counted in ??

Mike

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 10:32 AM

Search average saturation, your answer is there.

• Nancy1959
    7,061 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 11:06 AM

mikeharrisonda3:

I know some courses (e.g. custom best of ) I just shot a 29 on chambers bay back 9 i.e. 6 below par.  No change on my handicap - is Chamber's Bay not counted in ??

Custom courses do not count toward your scoring average.

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 4:08 AM

blackbeard:

WGTSky:
    Your Average Score will be based on ONLY your best scores, so completing a bad round will not negatively impact your Average Score or Tier. So be sure to finish all your rounds and gain the extra experience points, as a bad day won’t matter.   

If "bad" scores can somehow be eliminated from the averages, does this not mean that people will advance quicker through the tiers ? This could be of concern to players like me who play within their tier/average by completing ranked rounds on ALL courses, thereby giving a "true" average. Will WGT therefore be cherrypicking scores from, say, just Kiawah and SA, but not Oakmont ?

Please can you clarify what is meant by this statement

sounds suspiciously correct to me BB.  this means the more money you spend here, the more "cherrypicked" you'll be.

"WGT is not disclosing the exact number of rounds used to calculate your Average Score, or the minimum Average Score that’s used to advance you to the next Tier. That’s because those numbers will change over time based on overall player scoring, and also because we want to avoid people using that information for unfair advantage."

this is the part that bothers me.  Just lends more to the position I have on this in respect to WGT deciding when you move up which means a revenue stream for them.  It's not based on your play, it's based on when they say you have spent enough $ here and can move up.

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 4:15 AM

aceydeucey:

Once again WGT has a new update that NO ONE has asked for.  

The Forum activity has CLEARLY stated more of a concerned about....

THE METER PROBLEM,

THE INCONSISTANT CLUB DISTANCES,

THE FRINGE PUTTING,

HELP WITH ESTABLISHING A TIER SPECIFIC OPTION AT THE COUNTRY CLUBS,

So, yea... thanks for nothing WGT!

Please read the Forums, WGT.... and update the real problems!

What a joke!!!

AMEN!

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 4:45 AM

GoldCard:

I tend to believe this may be just another in the long list of changes that substantially increase profits for wgt.

DING DING DING.. we have a winner folks!!!!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 10:00 AM

TWEDLAKE:
    this is the part that bothers me.  Just lends more to the position I have on this in respect to WGT deciding when you move up

Hate to poke a hole in the foil but YOU are the only one that determines when you move up (unless you try to sandbag in the lower tiers.) It's based purely on numbers that you generate-specifically the number of ranked rounds exclusive of Par 3s, 5s and custom courses- that YOU play. The numbers are empirical and don't change. You could spend $10,000 here and if you don't play ranked rounds, you ain't going anywhere.

TWEDLAKE:
    "WGT is not disclosing the exact number of rounds used to calculate your Average Score, or the minimum Average Score that’s used to advance you to the next Tier.

They don't have to, users already figured it out. A long time ago, too.

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 11:25 AM

Lol yah figured it out 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 9:16 PM

Does this thread win an award for being dead/dormant longest before being resurrected?

At 2,802 days it has to be a contender!

RSS