Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Sandbag?

Mon, Oct 18 2010 2:33 PM (45 replies)
  • JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:19 PM

I need at least 30 secs to aim and calculate the shot, and I do use a scale, but all calculations are mental, never did need a calculator for anything less than logarithms.

Charlie, you keep talking about sandbaggers in MPC, but I never see 'em. I'm out there enough, so you'd think I would....

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2010 9:48 PM

Wow... after reading all these posts, it's starting to get a bit nasty isn't it....lol

Well the first few posts are pretty spot on the mark...

with the second half of all the replies... I think we all just have to take a deep breath and settle down a bit. This is a great online game and just remember peoples, it's only a game...mmm, ok, most of us do play for credits in the Tournys and it does get pretty serious (love it...lol), but just remember it's only fun and when it's not fun anymore it's  time to give it up.

Even with real golf, there will always be somebody out there that fakes there scores... ya can't stop things like this. With anything in the golf world whether it be Real Golf or Online Golf, I always strive to do the best I can and if people don't do that, well good luck to em, because they are just kidding themselves.

Now, back to Sandbaging..lol... I'm a Tour Master and yesterday I had an Ave. in the high 64's...Today after playing alot of Ready-Go's I'm now low 67's Ave..mmm..not happy about that... cause I felt that I was hitting the ball really good, but not getting anywhere eg; shot a 71 on Kiawah 18 hole Ready-Go, with 7 Birdies in the round, that's when I wanted to smash the screen....lol, go figure, But that's the game and it keeps me coming back. The only reason I would disconnect during the game(apart from the usual puter probs) is if I'm +10 walking onto the 4th tee. Is this good, don't know. I want a low Ave. and hopefully get to Legends status eventually.

Well Good Luck Everybody and Good Golf

But please everybody, Just keep Smiling and remember, It's just a game.

Roger (mantis0014) :)

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2010 10:15 PM

"....hopefully get to Legends status eventually.

Mantis...Be careful for what you wish for. Be VERY careful.

• peacher
    111 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 12:03 AM

Who cares about sandbagging? you have to play the courses anyhow! is you were duped into a mpc and lost, then shame on you, lower the stakes then. when this sandbagger offered a game and you either chose the price or accepted the price based on hi/her avg. then you thought they were suckers right? shut up and play, if you cant put your money where your game is then play atari.wusses

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 9:05 AM

peacher:

Who cares about sandbagging? you have to play the courses anyhow! is you were duped into a mpc and lost, then shame on you, lower the stakes then. when this sandbagger offered a game and you either chose the price or accepted the price based on hi/her avg. then you thought they were suckers right? shut up and play, if you cant put your money where your game is then play atari.wusses

You're a Tour Master.

IF you ever make it to Legend and play a TM as a Legend, check back with us. I think you might have a change of heart.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2010 2:33 PM

Locking thread for interpersonal disputes.

Please consider that players use these forums primarily as a place to look for information, share replays, and to talk about their WGT experience. You are asked to respect the forums as well as the individuals who are using them for these purposes.

If you have an issue with another player, please take it up with them individually rather than in a public context.  If you are not able to come to terms with another player, please ignore them.

RSS