Forums

Help › Forums

Re: tuff times for legends

Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:01 AM (44 replies)
  • nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:21 AM

is it real money? last time i checked there was no cash out option....(play money which you pay for,,,unless your good)

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:24 AM

nickuk:
    is it real money? last time i checked there was no cash out option....(play money which you pay for,,,unless your good)

There are prizes that you can redeem them for in the "Elite Collection" portion of the pro shop.

Unfortunately, the prices are so ridiculously high that only the best and most committed players could even hope to purchase the cheapest prizes.  With legends making even less income, now, it's even worse.

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:48 AM

CharlemagneRH:

There are prizes that you can redeem them for in the "Elite Collection" portion of the pro shop.

Unfortunately, the prices are so ridiculously high that only the best and most committed players could even hope to purchase the cheapest prizes.

As an idea, the WGT fam store should accept credits.

By the by, Charle, you're a top player.  For your own sake don't take every mention of "best" "earkings list" etc as a possible sleight on you.  Having read this whole thread, it seemed to me that Tiffer was agreeing with you.

You both said that being a Legend in the top 10 earnings takes skill and effort.  Where was the beef?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 10:51 AM

MJS74:
    You both said that being a Legend in the top 10 earnings takes skill and effort.  Where was the beef?

People in this thread said that the top 10 of the earnings leaderboard was proof that being a legend isn't hard, which I responded to by saying that the reason legends dominate the top 10 is because we play 6-10 RGs a day, whereas most TMs only play 3-4.  Tiffer said that more RGs means less money, which is crazy, and then he said that I don't appreciate the accomplishments of others and for whatever reason, brought up the fact that he finished above me in earnings last month (the reason for that, which is obvious to me, is that he played far more RGs than me last month, although from the looks of it, he'd disagree with that.)

At any rate, I just finished a ST A B9 RG, which had "heavy" (15-22) wind, and I shot what I felt was a very impressive 32.  I birdied 10, parred a lot, and then finished strong with three birdies on 16, 17, and 18.  Seeing as how I had 135 yards left to the pin on the par 5 #14, I felt birdie there was pretty tough, which was the case on every hole except #10 and maybe #18, and I fully expected that was going to finish in the top 5.  No.  Wrong.  I'm in a seven-way tie for 13th, and I have five TMs above me that would have had no chance whatsoever of beating me if they were playing from champ tees.  I shot a pretty impressive round, but I'm going to lose money.  Thunderbird is in the same boat.  He's with me at 13th.  LTDmin and PRIESTESS, both very good players, are in a seven-way tie for 21st.  They have 10 TMs/Ms above them, and they are tied with 4 other TM/Ms.  Only one or two, if any (and I believe "not any",) of those 14 masters would have beaten or even tied LTDmin/PRIESTESS if they had to shoot from the champ tees.

• Pralaya
    306 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:01 AM

Charle has a point for us legends who cant compete against the top legends and the top tourmasters. I have accepted to be legend and still try to become better but there is a limit for me which I have to accept. Coursemanagement is needed, yes indeed it is, but its still impossible for me to get close from a 190 yrds approachshot. So the difference for me compare to tourmasters is that im fighting for a par and they try to make a bird. I might be wrong, but I dont think I am against the top tourmasters.

As I can see it tourmasters got a goldmine in RG's and I admit I would have done the same if I was in there shoes.

Call me a another legendwhiner, I really dont care.

RSS