Forums

Help › Forums

LEAVING is RUDE

Tue, Mar 30 2010 1:22 PM (27 replies)
  • rbeto241
    16 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 8:36 AM

i dont mind when they leave but at least be a sport and not rude when either not playing right or getting beat bad thats what bothers me.i understand when you have computer problems or internet...............................

• TarheelsRule
    5,493 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 9:15 AM
    I hate folks that quit for no other reason than they have hit a bad shot. I realize that bad connections happen, sometimes you get called away, etc. but just quitting because you missed a 4 footer or hit into the rough is no reason to quit. I was not aware until recently that the greens automatically set to master speed, very fast, when there is a master in the group, I just thought that all the games were set that way. I now understand why I get booted from a lot of games. Why doesn't the green speed set with the person who starts the game, whatever level they are rather than adjust to the master.
  • Doug614
    2 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 8:30 PM

I agree 100%.  I've only been playing for a couple of days.  I'm still new at this game.  I make bad shots.  I miss easy putts.  But I always finish the game.  I just played a game with someone who made a double bogey on the second hole.  He quit.  Gimme a break.  What, do you feel I'll think less of you because you didnt have a good hole?  He said he was leaving because that game was going to ruin his average.  Whatever...

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:24 PM

I am one to not quit. I was headed towards 8 over at St. And's while playing with someone, yet I played to the end. It didn't hurt my average too bad at all.

Greg.

• boozybob1
    89 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:28 PM

I had to drop out of game due to meter sticking way to much.  I was actually missing shots within 2 to 3 feet on a regular basis.  I feel in a case like this its just OK to quit.  This of course is my own opinion.

• Slony
    8 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:16 AM
    I agree with you on this. But some people here gave me some tricks. Try not to invite hackers and amateurs, you'll find less quitters. I hit most greens in regulation but I have a hard time with putting so I end up with a Hack rating. Maybe if I got to play with the better players I would improve. There is no putting green or range so there is no way to practice. Last night I tried playing the front 9 of a coarse just to find there were 7 players on the first green (or close to it) when I hit into it. It's crazy by I felt very embarrassed because you know how uncool that is. So I hit the red X and left the game. I have never quit a bad round and record everything I do but I was thinking of the guys on the green and didn't want to mess up thier game. These are good discussions I hope the people that use this game keep talking about what's cool and what's not.
  • phillpotts
    1 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 3:29 PM

i have just started playing myself a few days ago, i manly just play my husband but after read ur bit about not inviting hackers and amaters i thought i would point out that we have to start somewhere as im sure u started at the bottom urself i think its unfair not to invite us how can we improve if no-one will play us, just doesnt seem fair really

• Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:20 PM

i despise quitters and i think most every1 knows that but dont fall into the trap of only playing the people on your friends list i've met so many players that i have enjoyed company with and so many that were abrasive an rude to the point as not to allow any enjoyment of the game, they're are all types here. and the point of multiplayer in my opinion is to play as many different players as possible and enjoy the new experience. hopefully when i run into a quitter they remember my opinion of them and they leave before the teeoff button is pressed but alot of times i end up playing them again so i try to make sure theres a 3rd or 4th w/o a reputation for running away so that there is a better chance of completing a round, regardless of the score that might come.  

Enjoy the game regardless of the nonsense

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:30 PM

Being stupid, I suppose, I post 99% and regardless of score in multi-play, will always go the distance to the end only disconnecting at the very last stroke if I believe the other player wishes to not post a score that may harm their average...as for me, I never look to savor an average that always changes because it would direct me toward a ridiculous path of baloney.

• FatBoyPaul
    2 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 2:51 AM

Sometimes i feel i have to play bad to keep them from running away....I just want a group of Friends i can rely on. Some i thought i knew ,stated wining ....then run away. If you have

''dignity and class'' please ask to be my friend.     Fatboypaul

RSS