Forums

Help › Forums

LEAVING is RUDE

Tue, Mar 30 2010 1:22 PM (27 replies)
  • pmgaudio
    7 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 12:06 PM

Leaving a game cause your first two holes did NOT go as you liked is, in my opinion, Very RUDE and not very curtious.

If you don't want to play then don't.

It ruins the game.

Don't be a sore loser, do what you must but play the other 7 holes with dignity and class.

Seriously, it's just a game but it is still golf and it is unpredictable.

FFS play or log off.

PG

• OUTLAW15
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 1:12 PM

I agree 100%,don't be a ***!!!!!!!!!!!!Nobody cares how low your handicap is,its only accurate if you turn in the bad rounds too!!!!! I've tried playin 8 rounds today,only to have the other players quit when they had a bad hole.I've turned in some bad rounds too.I see these guys spending real money to upgrade their clubs on a FREE VIRTUAL golf game then quit when they miss a birdie putt. Like I said,dont be a pusst,just play

• JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:14 PM

LOL, Welcome to WGT PM. For some reason there is a lot of people that do that. Eventually however you will find the players that DO finish, add them to your friends list and have a good group. Fair well my friend, and keep at it.   JT

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:37 PM

Seriously man......  You seem like a great guy, you write halfway decent, and you participate in the forums.  For real though, you need to run a search for quitters.  There are hundreds of quitter threads already out there.  It's a problem, but it is nothing new.  No offense, intended.  Just weary of all these lame quitter threads.  I am starting to side with all of the quitters out there.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:53 PM

ghettocop1:
    There are hundreds of quitter threads already out there.

I have seen some excellent signs of improvement earlier today. Namely, various quitters threads merged into one. If that's Nivlac's doing, kudos to him! And if he did nothing else than keep merging all quitters threads from now on into a single thread, his hiring by WGT would have paid off beautifully.

Just one suggestion: I believe this single remaining quitters thread should be placed in the main WGT Beta forum, instead of in And Everything Else. That's because dealing with quitters is a serious issue of importance for huge numbers of WGT users; an issue that WGT is about to address with the reputation tracking.

ghettocop1:
    Just weary of all these lame quitter threads.

Absolutely, all of us are. But that's because of all the senseless duplication (or thousand-ication). If WGTniv can keep each and every quitters post ever made from now on, in that single centralized quitters thread, then everything will be fine. All discussion regarding the quitters will be allowed to take place in that single thread, and everyone not interested in this particular topic will be able to easily ignore that single thread.

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 5:46 PM

It seems like almost everybody on here has complained about quitters which leaves you to wonder who are the real quitters.

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 8:58 PM

I agree with you on this. But some people here gave me some tricks. Try not to invite hackers and amateurs, you'll find less quitters.

Also there are some connection glitches (not just due to WGT of course) and for some reason, the 2 ends are disconnected and both sides think that it's because the other is a quitter.

On a more positive note, since all head-to-head rounds are ranked, if you did a good round so far, you can still finish it alone and get a good scorecard.

Cheers!

Rob

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 9:06 PM

are you absolutely sure they're quitting!  as i like to finish every round, even with a bad start, cause it does come good, ive been booted on the second hole also.

when they bring that ability to reconnect to multiplayer games im sure ppl  will be eating them words. cause there's a good chance some hope on others to get disconnected, even though its only wtg and winning doesnt matter.

join wgtls and stop this whinning about quitters! plz, im sure im not the only 1 whos fed up with these threads.

(Jessica Alba is a doll :) )

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 12:32 AM
    there are lots of reasons people leave a game... including connection problem, family matter but I have found that people don't like very fast greens... one of the problems of playing with a master in the group. Quitting is a boring subject.. it happens... and I quit and people quit on me... but thats life.... To quote my 10 daughter....:" build a bridge and get over it"...
  • x1524807
    776 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 5:36 AM

pmgaudio:
    Very RUDE and not very curtious.

my opinion is that it is not rude to quit, it is rude to quit without saying I have to leave, and the reason for leaving. if you think you cannot win, say so, and tell the other player that you do not think you will be competitive in the game

RSS