Help › Forums

putter glitch? I hope?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 11 2010 7:33 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DonnieBax
    17 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 11:33 PM

I just switched back to the basic putter to compare vs the spider...

1st hole of BP, 14 ft downhill put from the edge of the green/fringe ,and it gives me the 150 ft putter?? Why? is there some way to adjust to the smaller ranges? Please tell me all putters don't do this at random. I'd be very disappointed and just go back to TW, if so.

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 4:33 AM
    It always gives you the 150 foot scale or the 100 foot scale when you putt from the fringe of the green lol. Just ignore the advice from the computer. It's my best guess that you should add 3 feet to the putt when you putt from the frindge. So if the putt is 10 feet to the hole hit the putt for 13 feet to compensate for the frindge. Of course you have to take other things like the green speed and how much the putt is uphill or dowhnill into your calculations as well. For my example of a 13 foot putt i would use the 50 foot scale (spider Putter), which would be just over one avatar movement. Since 1 movement on the 50 foot sclae = 10 feet. It just takes some time to figure out the distances between the avatar movements but it's not that hard. Just take some notes and with practice distance control is no problem. Also the starter putter is terrible especially with long putts, so stick with whatever putter you choose be it the spider, redwood or Daytona. Just practice but stay away from the starter putter, it's just not that good.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 5:09 AM

DonnieBax:
    is there some way to adjust to the smaller ranges?

The up and down arrows by the scale yardage let you change the scale. Scrolling with the wheel on your mouse does the same thing. Get in the habit of not trusting the caddie. Also, be very aware that sometimes on long putts off the green this will show up as yards, not feet. Nothing worse than thinking you're on a 50 foot scale that was actually the 150 ft scale shown in yards. Oops!

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 5:18 AM

There are arrows on the end of the power meter to select which putter length you want to use.

The Spider will be more accurate than the starter putter but not as good as the Redwood or Daytona.  Here are the specs:

Balance             Precision        Forgiveness

Spider                     5 of 10              4 of 10                6 of 10

Starter                    1 of 10                2 of 10                2 of 10

No comparison, I'd find a way to get comfortable with the Spider or buy one of the other two which are even better

• DonnieBax
    17 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 5:55 AM

Excellent info guys. Thanks a ton. I'll just stick it out with the spider for a wk or so, and adjust.

I actually went by the product comparison guide when choosing the spider.

And, the fact I can't buy the "really" good ones yet due to my noob ranking.

It seemed to have the highest accuracy w/ the most forgiveness and slowest swing meter.

Maybe should have looked closer. Oh well. It's okay for now.

Any advice on best wedges,drivers, and woods for someone not capable of buying the better clubs yet?

Do u feel the product comparisons are pretty accurate?

Thanks all, u guys are great! Very helpful!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 6:06 AM

YankeeJim:
    be very aware that sometimes on long putts off the green this will show up as yards, not feet. Nothing worse than thinking you're on a 50 foot scale that was actually the 150 ft scale shown in yards. Oops!

I did this the other day. I thought the ball was going to get airborne. Your right, Ooops!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 6:35 AM

DonnieBax:
    Any advice on best wedges,drivers, and woods for someone not capable of buying the better clubs yet?

LOL-Yeah, patience! Talk to marioh-he made master with a driver and a putter and then cashed enough in RGs to upgrade. Spending credits at the hack and amateur level should be kept to a minimum because you'll go on a spending spree when the good stuff becomes available to you. 

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 6:45 AM

YankeeJim:

DonnieBax:

LOL-Yeah, patience! Talk to marioh-he made master with a driver and a putter and then cashed enough in RGs to upgrade. Spending credits at the hack and amateur level should be kept to a minimum because you'll go on a spending spree when the good stuff becomes available to you. 

What he said. 

Don't be scared of ranked rounds, they wont bite!  LOL

You'll be Pro in a week once you start registering ranked rounds, then you'll want to buy at least 2 pro wedges and a good driver. 

Until then, hack it up.  :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 6:52 AM

DonnieBax:

*An edit for the above post, posted separately so you'll see it.....

Any time you buy new equipment or after any WGT announced update clear your Flash cache. The clubs will perform not as expected if you don't so this. Bookmark this link and when you get there just click "Delete all sites" and you're done.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 6:52 AM

YankeeJim:

DonnieBax:

Whoa, hold on there. 

Let me clear up some things.

I was basically put in the Master tier after the tier system was expanded from just hack and amateur (I was never a Pro tier player).

Regarding my early Ready Go club setup, I had the following :

R9 driver and 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 Rescue 19 (graphite)

Tour Starter Irons (steel)

Tour Starter Wedges (54, 60)

Anser putter

Keep in mind that the irons and wedges are the tour starters, not the regular starters.

• PAGES
RSS