Help › Forums

GIVING UP !!!!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 5 2010 5:05 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • semperfi1951
    7 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 2:16 AM

The one thing of this game i really can't stomach, is when you're playing someone and they start to lose and disconnect on you, I'm a retired sgt major from the marine corps and giving up is not in my vocabulary, but it seems that alot of losers give up when everything doesn't go there way , Well keep giving up losers and you'll  never win ,  

Semperfi1951

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 4:05 AM

I just save the game if someone disconnect and finish it single player if I was doing good.

It still counts.

• pacific101
    4 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 11:04 PM

well I'm not a jar head lol,  just an old ground pounder but I can sure appreciate your stand on people quiting when their are other players involved in the game. It's one thing to hang it up on a bad round playing by yourself and it isn't affecting anyone. While its no fun to be on the loosing end, some days you can't miss and some days, well you just plain suck. Hang in there to the last painful stroke, learn to laugh at yourself and have a good time with this game, and just as importantly let the other folks playing, enjoy their victory, your time will come when your the top dog and get to howl a little too. Don't steal that away from someone else by quiting on them. If you take this game to seriously you'll never have any fun at it. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 9:04 AM

Where there's a will, there's a way....

Take a look at the ladders at www.wgt.agls.org.uk.

No one quits and if they did, they would be penalized.

Mostly good people, a lot of golf and good competition.

Give it a shot,... you might be surprised at the changes in your attitude toward the game.

And you may make a whole boatload of new friends.

Peace

• semperfi1951
    7 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 3:09 AM

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE PAL, I RETIRED IN 98 AFTER 29 YEARS IN THE MARINE CORPS AND NEVER QUIT ANYTHING IN MY LIFE GOOD OR BAD , BUT I WISH I HAD SOME OF THESE BULLCHIT QUITTERS IN MY OUTFIT I GUARANTEE THEY WOULDN'T QUIT , I THINK OUT OF ALL THE PLAYERS ON THIS SITE THERE MIGHT BE 10 PERCENT WITH REAL AVERAGES ALL THE REST IS BULL, BECAUSE THEY QUIT BEFORE THE LAST PUTT , HEY QUITTERS WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO MOMMY AND BREAST FEED SOMEMORE AND MAYBE YOU'LL GROW A SET OF BALLS                                

SEMPERFI1951

RET. SGT MAJOR, U.S.M.C.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 3:16 AM

Sgt Major, would you be willing to run some of these quitters through a few training excises while giving them an earful of chatter?

I would love to see you send an outfit of these mommas boys through an obstacle course.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 5:28 AM

Certainly not taking up for quitters here but I do need to ask, is that what the Marines taught you, how to insult people and talk about there mothers? Send me an MPC invite, I'll play you. Make sure you fill up your credit account first.:)

18 Apr 2010 at 2:43 AM
    "quitting"

ty for starting the game but you quit better than play, just what this site needs another B.S. QUITTER

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 6:29 AM

LOL @ Sgt Major trying to prove his toughness using an internet message board.  You are obviously one of those lifers who didn't know what a pair of tennis shoes was until you joined and saw that other soldiers had them in their locker.

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 7:21 AM

Balls are available at the Pro Shop....dozens to chose from...lol

Happy Golfing

Joe

• jastheace
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 12:03 PM

totally agree mate. ppl have bad hole and they wont win so quit, so annoying . they should be penalised by wgt with credits taken away or banned from the site if they continue to do it..

• PAGES
RSS