Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters and fake score nutters

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 5 2010 2:07 PM (23 replies)
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 6:40 AM

Having a low (or high) average doesn't really do anything.   You don't become an automatic top scorer in tournaments with a low average, and having a high average doesn't mean you won't score well in tournaments.

If you want to see if a person's average is legit, just check the stats and look for "top 10 tourny finishes" and compare that to the amount of tournaments the player enters into.

Basically if you find someone with say, a 60 average, but only has 2 top 10 tourny finishes out of the 200 he/she entered into, then you can say that 60 average is a farce.

Cheers.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 6:42 AM

Heh-How many just ran to their profile to look?

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 6:50 AM

marioh:
    If you want to see if a person's average is legit, just check the stats and look for "top 10 tourny finishes" and compare that to the amount of tournaments the player enters into.

I usually just initially look for diamond socialite status, and from there look at people on their friends lists.  If it's choc full of supposed chicks with hot pics and shirtless dudes, then I know that player is a baller and not to be messed with.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 6:59 AM

OaktheToke:

marioh:

I usually just initially look for diamond socialite status, and from there look at people on their friends lists.  If it's choc full of supposed chicks with hot pics and shirtless dudes, then I know that player is a baller and not to be messed with.

lol Oak.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 7:15 AM
    oak, marioh, as usual right on point this quitting/ave. arguement is the most beatin over the head subject here. once again WHY would anyone randomly select a group to play match, with nothing on the line. random game random result, and why does anyone care what anyone elses average is? by your thinking if you play someone with a higher ave. than yours does that mean you are a better player? ABSURD!!! everyone here plays this game in their own specific way, NONE is the right or wrong way to play. quit worrying about what other people do here it means nothing. put your head down keep grinding and stop with the quitting garbage. go back and read the other 500 threads on this ridiculous topic, trust me it has all been covered long before you typed that gem. thx JB
  • Valentina
    20 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 8:11 AM
    i actually find it very funny but also deeply sad.. that anyone cares what their virtual golf average is..soooo much that they dont post all their scores. I dont mind someone quitting occasionally.. if they have to do something.. I am talking about the serial quitters.. who quit after any bad shot. How sad do you have to be?
  • Valentina
    20 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 8:15 AM

I dont suck...I have no doubt I am a better player than you.  However I have a life..and so i post all my scores.  I have no need to keep a fake average... if you are 12 years old.. i apologise.

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 8:23 AM

Valentina:
    i actually find it very funny but also deeply sad.. that anyone cares what their virtual golf average is..soooo much that they dont post all their scores. I dont mind someone quitting occasionally.. if they have to do something.. I am talking about the serial quitters.. who quit after any bad shot. How sad do you have to be?

The number of people who quit after any bad shot are (if they exist at all) a tiny minority of the members on here, certainly not worthy of the pages of forum posts about them.  If people want to play a round and not putt out on the last I have no problem with that and do it myself sometimes, as do many others.  However, I will nearly always play all nine holes and I will never leave a round earlier just because I am not playing well.

If people (like me) choose to avoid posting those +6 rounds where the meter is jumping, I can't see why that is anybody else's business.  If you play against them, the score/handicap means nothing, it is still head to head golf and you either win or lose. 

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 8:27 AM

Who are you referencing?  Me?  If so, then you are more than welcome to find out how good I am by ponying up some credits for a MPC.  You never know, I might just quit and forfeit over the credits to you. ;)

I never said how awesome I am or how much anybody else sucks.  I don't care who posts all their scores or who quits.  Unless its a RG I enter, then I hope everybody quits but me.   

I was just stating my opinion for the implementation of the Candypants Coefficient.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 8:31 AM

Valentina:

As I said before, average doesn't mean anything.   It's just a number that may or may not be indicative of your skill level.   Look at it this way.   The majority of people who quit after one or two bad shots will struggle in tournaments where credits and prizes are on the line.   They'll hit a bad shot in the tourny and won't know how to recover, which will adversely affect their score.   And while they suffer through trouble situations, people such as yourself will be able to handle the trouble situation, score better, and you'll be in a better position to win credits.

I understand that it is frustrating to join a random game only to be left at the 3rd or 4th hole teebox by yourself.   But when you join a random game here, you should expect random results, such as people quitting.   Build up a friends list and play only with friends or join the ladder site where people aren't allowed to quit without consequences if it really bothers you.   If you see me online, you're welcome to send me an invite as I almost never quit multiplayer games.

RSS