Forums

Help › Forums

What's the next roadmap course for WGT?

Sat, Apr 10 2010 7:51 AM (48 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:20 AM
    If its going to be a CTTH which does make sense, bring us a hard AND beautiful course, WOLF CREEK!
  • oppy
    286 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:25 AM

jayjonbeach:
    If its going to be a CTTH which does make sense, bring us a hard AND beautiful course, WOLF CREEK!

I don't see WGT doing that, nor do I see them going after Tahoe. I just think they are really going after the best of the best for golf courses. Wolf Creek and Tahoe, as scenic as they are, they are not as good as some of the other courses they could get. So I still think the four I mentioned earlier are the most likely.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 1:05 PM

Hi oppy,

It would be awesome to see TPC Sawgrass brought to WGT. I'm not familiar with the other courses you list, but would be a great addition nonetheless I'm sure.

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 2:21 PM

I would like to see either Pebble Beach or TPC Sawgrass.

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 2:57 PM
    First off I would like to see St. Andrews made more challenging and for the up/down/side hill lies to be implemented. But the next course should be merion, a real true test of golf, however since I dont think that would happen the next one I would think would be pebble beach.
  • borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 3:44 PM

Most likely won't happen. But I would love to see Augusta National.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 4:02 PM

borntobesting:
    Will never happen.
    ... There, FTFY.

Augusta National does not, and will not ever, license their course to be used thusly.  As much as we would all like to play Amen Corner and get a look at Hogan, Sarazen, and Nelson Bridges, it will not happen.

So, become a multi-billionaire, a PGA Touring Pro, or get hired on as a greenskeeper... other than that, your chances of playing Augusta are slim and none.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 3:54 PM

Ive seen some advertising here on WTG for the Pinehurst complex...hmmmm the add has a link to there website.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:58 PM

It will definitely be one of the CTTH courses to think otherwise would be crazy due to costs as the CTTH are partially photographed already it seems common sense.

Then again common sense isnt that common.

thx chip

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 5:19 AM

Think US Open. Last year the hook for WGT was the US Open at BPB. They opened it up for play to coincide with the actual Open, having their own Open here. Shortly after that the whole course became available along with Kiawah.

Fast forward to this year's open at Pebble Beach which is in Monterey, CA which happens to be in WGT's back yard  (hey Alex, it's your turn on your lunch hour to run over to PB and grab a few HD pics!)  Kinda makes sense that PB would be the next course and if that happens St. Andrews will look like a ghost town, all that historical significance notwithstanding. There won't be 29s the first day there, I'll bet. Let the qualifying begin :-)

RSS