Forums

Help › Forums

hack amateur pro master what are the averages?

Mon, Apr 24 2023 9:25 AM (143 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 10:37 AM

Must be 40 rounds as a Master!

• Bloodhand
    6 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 1:28 AM

Thank yoy for the answer.

How can i know how many games i played as a determined tier?

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 5:59 PM

in the forums, type it in the search bar

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 8:06 PM

Bloodhand:
    How can i know how many games i played as a determined tier?

There's no direct and permanent indication. Usually, we may substract the current ranked rounds no. from the one at tier change (memory, note), sometimes we can see it from the scoring history.

I'm afraid that you may have no more chance now and have to wait for the next tier.

• madline
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:30 AM

best to play 9 or 18 holes to get it down?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2017 4:53 AM

For the sole purpose of average dropping, certainly 9 holes.

- games last only half of the time, allowing to add two scores (doubled) instead of one,

- it's easier to have a fabulous 9 holes score than over 18, resulting in better numbers. This is important due to the non-linear character of the saturated average: Bad scores aren't counted, while good scores are.

• Alexiss8
    22 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2017 10:47 AM

I understand the system and one question please.

i played a player who is ranked 97, has an average of 150, and has a Master ranking.

i play golf to encourage and to be pushed to my limits of my skills, I normally let others statistics fade as I hit my first tee shot. To me, that's Golf.

even if this player was to average 67 and get Master, would his average start over at 150 or does the starting average change as ranked rounds do?

thanks 😎🏌

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2017 12:44 PM

Alexiss8:
    would his average start over at 150 or does the starting average change as ranked rounds do?

There are two "regular" states of average in the situation of tiering up:

1) The last average from the former tier which is shown immediately after the promotion, together with the new tier title - e.g. Master ave. 67.00,

2) the first average of the new tier, equalling the first score since the calculation has been reset. E.g., Master ave. 72.00 after playing a 36 over 9 holes.

A 150 average is special, either corresponding to the improbable nine hole score of 75, or from scratch, i.e., no scores have ever been played or recorded by the system.

I suppose that this player has been playing "mobile" games exclusively, never finished a ranked strokeplay round, and was promoted in the mobile game thanks to his levels.

"Facebook" accounts may also show a 150 average but I don't know details of these.

• NyneAyron
    24 Posts
    Mon, Jul 17 2017 2:37 PM

This is a question that I have had too, so this is good to know. I'm trying to get my average down so I'll start playing nines for a while. 

So to add one more question, do you suggest playing a simpler course over and over or play some of the more difficult ones also?

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Jul 17 2017 4:39 PM

NyneAyron:

This is a question that I have had too, so this is good to know. I'm trying to get my average down so I'll start playing nines for a while. 

So to add one more question, do you suggest playing a simpler course over and over or play some of the more difficult ones also?

mix the course up

if you get good on one  course then get invited to another your stuffed

you wont know how to play it

RSS