Forums

Help › Forums

Waste of money

Mon, Feb 8 2010 7:35 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 9:01 AM

Unfortunately you bought the rapture clubs and the precision on them is fairly low (high forgiveness but it seems precision is more important). This low precision will create some WTF moments, I 've seen lots of complaints in the forums.

I have about the same average as you, and usually just barely avoid that bunker your talking about. Sometimes I go in when going for the pin, but if I play left enough I usually roll up on the green.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 9:07 AM

jayjonbeach:
    Unfortunately you bought the rapture clubs and the precision on them is fairly low

There are 2 versions of Rapture clubs now. The upgraded version has increased precision. The difference is quite dramatic, I'd say. I'd recommend everyone to sell back the first version of Raptures & get the new version.

• bloodclot
    102 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 11:25 AM

OK...must add my 2 cents worth

As anyone can see by my profile, it shows I joined in Dec 2008. This is my first post. Even tho my join date would imply a great amount of play experience, that is not the case.

At that time I played a few CTTH games, got overwhelmed with business in the real world and to be honest, forgot about WGT alltogether. I can't recall playing at all in 2009, was reminded of WGT by a business associate recently, and decided to give it another go.

I can say as a decent player in the real world, that golf in this virtual world (in regards to the reward/penalty factors of hitting a golf shot), that WGT is the undisputed, absolute champion of being the closest to "real" golf I have ever played.

In real golf, I have had many many wtf moments after making what I thought was perfect contact with the ball, with what I thought was the perfect tempo of the best swing...only to see the ball land short, or off target.

It happens.

I've seen wind gusts that fool me in the real world...so it doesn't make me think the WGT software is suspect if it happens here. When it does happen, it just solidifies my belief of how much like real golf WGT is. I could go on and on with comparisons with reality on putting, shot results from different lies, etc. But I hate reading long posts and I am assuming others do also, so I'll stop typing!

WGT...keep up the good work...keep it challenging...and keep me guessing, scratching my head, cursing the monitor, etc...cuz this member luvs it! JP (aka bloodclot)

• bloodclot
    102 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 11:32 AM
    ...sorry about the one, long paragraph as I did not know how the insert paragraph breaks...despite me having breaks when I typed it.
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 3:35 PM

bloodclot:
    ...sorry about the one, long paragraph as I did not know how the insert paragraph breaks...despite me having breaks when I typed it.

Don't worry about, bloodclot... your point came through nicely.

Well said and welcome back.

• bloodclot
    102 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 5:13 AM

Snaike:

bloodclot:

Don't worry about, bloodclot... your point came through nicely.

Well said and welcome back.

OK..I added some html script breaks in my OP to make for easier reading...sorry 'bout that folks.

JP

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 7:35 AM

I had to respond to this thread, kinda just touched a nerve.  First off, i agree with you bloodclot, well said.  I too play the game for real, and for me not only is it real in the graphics, simulation and so fourth, but the mental part too.  For example, has anyone ever came to a par three with nothing but water between the tee box and the green? How many times have you over compensated to make sure you dont hit the water?  or thought about it so much that you shove your tee shot into the water?  Kind of has that same effect on me on the 17 hole at kiawah.  Many times i have hit it long to avoid losing a ball in the water, or i have been playing lights out, and get to that hole and dump one in the water.  That is realism for me.

As for Randellpoet1, just so i get this straight, and i read it twice to make sure, you logged 27 games, played with your super quad 4gig processor and have determined that wgt has targeted you with reverse ball flights in the wind, and will not allow you to hit the green on number 4 at kiawah? LOL Sorry, i don't by it.  Let me sign into your account and use your equipment, i GUARANTEE ill hit the green the FIRST attempt.  That is just rediculous.  (im kidding about signing into your account)  Actually, I would like to see the developers ad more to the golf shot to make it more challanging.    having to adjust for the uphill/downhill lie, maybe ad some light rain, gust of wind that come out of nowhere ...randomly... Yes there are going to be flaws and wgt seems to be constantly watching and tweeking it.  The game is still in the beta stage.  I love playing head to head with someone for credits, even if its only a dollar, or the $1.00 tournies, it ads a "reward at the end" mindset that makes it fun in my opinion.  This game has sooo much potential, I think they have just scratched the surface on what they can do to make this even more fun. The only thing I would really like to see, that probably wont happen, is real cash payouts instead of credits, or be able to match play for cash instead of just credits, but that is a WHOLE new thread in itself, so ill just leave it at that.    ..

bloodclot...great username by the way...LOL

• PAGES
RSS