• PAGES
  • Randellpoet1
    37 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 4:09 AM

Decide for yourself what I mean....

• Rhett78
    65 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 1:16 PM

Maybe to you but not for everyone. I don't think it is a waste of money at all for something I enjoy. I didn't spend any money for a while and made it into the 72's in the pro tier. When I spent money upgrading, BAM, changed the whole game, and I mean in a good way. I have gotten a lot better and sharpened my skills. and he he, now a master with a 58.72 average. I can't wait for more new master equipment so I can spend some more money. By the way, no one is forcing you to spend money, it is a free game.

• Randellpoet1
    37 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 10:51 PM

Very happy for you. I upgraded my equipment but that doesn't change the fact that this game doesn't always work. Example: I just hit a ball with a 11mph wind that moved from left to right and watched my ball drift from right to left when I hit the ball dead center on the meter. I also cannot seem to get my ball on the green on the 4th hole at Kiawah. I have been keeping track and for 27 games straight the ball has landed in the bunker (pretty much the same spot) just before the green. This has happened even with the wind at my back and using a longer ranged club. I have tried to hit the ball over that green and all conditions and equipment would leave a logical thinking person to know the ball should have gone over or onto the green but 27 times in a row it has landed in that bunker like it was a magnet and the ball was steel.

Granted you and others seem to have better luck but it has done me know good to spend money for better equipment when the game does not seem to operate properly. This isn't real life it is a computer simulation and is bound to the laws of computer glitches. I had these problems before I spent the money and was told that better clubs would help me with these accuracy problems. I spent the money and got really good at timing my meter so I can hit the sweet spot just about every time. But my results are not consistent. I am not spending anymore money on a game that does not work. You can praise this game all you want. In fact I get a laugh over people who will get upset and seem to take it personal because others don't like the game as much as you. 

Like I said obviously not everyone has these problems but that doesn't mean that people don't have these problems. I also had a problem with my meter sticking (still do) and in response my computer or internet connection are blamed. But the truth is I have a high speed connection and run quad processors with 4 gig of RAM. It is very unlikely that this little game couldn't run right because of my system. I render high quality HD 1080p video on it with out a problem. This game doesn't come close to using that much processor or memory. I am not stupid and I can tell when something doesn't work the way it was designed. Especially when I see a ball drift against the wind. But have fun and I guess I am happy for you since you are a lucky one. Free is all this game is worth to me and I am not spending another dime on this game.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 12:01 AM

I can understand your passion for #4 on Kiawah.  But if you check the distance between the fringe and the hole I believe there is roughly 6 yards to play with.  Unless you have a stiff wind in your face with relatively a medium to short iron using a Tour SD ball, really to attack that pin is not a safe play.  Generally I aim left of the pin on the fat side of the green.  At least then you are on the dance floor. 

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 12:07 AM

With the greatest of respect, I don't think that playing for only 8 days (40 rounds) is a good yardstick to judge whether 'luck' is involved. You have progressed already from Hack to Amateur to Pro within that timescale.  So you obviously were improving and happy enough to spend a little on improving your game.

When you purchase new equipment combined with more difficulty in tee box starting points, the game is a little like learning the game all over again. You may be in for a shock when you reach the Master level. I know I was, and many others would also agree that the upgrade to that level was a bit demanding.. You are on a new learning curve once again. As with the 'real' game it all takes time and patience. Put in the practice and things improve.

Tiger Woods started out at the age of about 6.  He waited a little longer than 8 days! 

Keep smiling & Happy Golfin'

• Randellpoet1
    37 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 1:16 AM

I understand the learning curve and I don't mind when the game increases in challenge as I move up tiers. However, when I see a ball drift against the wind (as explained before- 11mph to the right and the ball went way left on a nice hit) then I can see there are problems with the program. I also have the problem on Kiawah hole 4 where the program, no matter what I do, lands me in the bunker. Just to be sure I played a couple of more rounds (by the way I have played more than that but have quit in the middle because of frustration) and tried to under hit the ball to land in front of that bunker and I still land there. There have been shots I have made that for no reason should be near that bunker and the ball still lands there and always about the same spot in the bunker. This is not right and to me shows signs that there are problems with the program. I also hit a ball dead center and watched it go way left with nothing to indicate it should have done so. Like I said the luck is in the people who don't experience these glitches and not anything to do with being lucky at the game. I just don't intend on spending anymore money on a computer game that I see as faulty. You can defend it all you want but until you have the same experience I have had I doubt you would understand my frustration. Think about it, there is no reason a ball hit dead center in a 11mph cross wind should drift against the wind direction.

• Randellpoet1
    37 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 1:22 AM

Doesn't matter where I aim my ball. I have even tried to lay up and hit it short and hit it long over the green with the wind at my back with my fairway wood. I have hit it to the left and to the right away from the bunkers and the ball goes to that bunker no matter what I do. I have tried every different shot trying to stay out of that bunker and it still lands there. The only thing I haven't tried is pitching off the tee but of course that would do me no good either.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 6:43 AM

Try this randell ... hit your zoom option and move the aim pointer all the way to the left of the green and then switch back to your forward view ... unless you have a really strong left to right wind or click really late i guarantee you won't be in that bunker ...

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 8:03 AM

Tour SD  balls offer the most spin on any ball..

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 8:43 AM

Kurtsbuford:
    Tour SD  balls offer the most spin on any ball..

Not really. 3 other ball types offer the same spin as Tour SD balls: Tour STour GI-S, and Tour GI-SD.

(See this overview of all ball types.)

• PAGES
RSS