Forums

Help › Forums

What would you buy with 2,000 Credits???

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 8 2010 2:32 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bullpin
    630 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 5:36 PM
    Evening everyone. I plan on making a $20 deposit this weekend, and I'm looking to upgrade clubs (finally). Any Suggestions? What should I get??? - PS: I currently use the STARTER clubs, and i am only at the pro tier. Thank you in advance for the suggestions, happy hitting to all who help.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 5:53 PM
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 5:54 PM

I would buy ping or taylormade as its a faster meter and prepares you for master clubs better also a rosa putter its awesome.

just my opinion hope this helps

good luck chipp

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 6:03 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm not great with the meter, so a faster one should prepare me for the worst =). Unless they decide to add a Rapture master set, i think i should get some clubs with a faster meter. Thank you for the link YJ, though it hardly helps me. I've studied that lovely comparison chart several times, but I thought I'd get a few "Customer reviews", rather than the stats. I'd like to know what everyone is playing with, and how it's working for them to ensure that I am making a good choice in club upgrades.

• Gloveberg
    55 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 6:18 PM

Strictly my opinion but avoid the Rapture irons.  Yeah they have a slow meter but I used them for a few weeks and never liked them.  Never knew where they were going to go.  Long one shot, short the next, random push or pull.  

In my opinion that money would be better spent on SD balls, a decent driver and a wedge or two.  The WGT Tour Pro driver is just as long as the Rapture 10.5 for less than half the price.  The Z wedges are $1.25 and are great.

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 6:33 PM

Gloveberg:
    The WGT Tour Pro driver is just as long as the Rapture 10.5 for less than half the price.

1/3 the price actually. Can't believe I didn't spot that deal b4. Thanks for the great suggestions, I'll look into it :)

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 8:04 PM

On the drivers, I would take a close look at forgiveness and precision The rapture driver is very forgiving. I used the Raptures as a pro which got me a 29 BP which launched me to master. Now I struggle to get used to the master clubs, I'm not using balls to slow the meter until I can get the faster meter timing down. I still have my Raptures tho just in case my frustration level drive me nuts.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 4:56 AM

The Taylor 10.5 driver will keep you even off the tee with masters and has a slower meter than the rest. I used this driver until I got to master. I personally believe trying to monkey with the meter through balls or clubs enhances the deviation factor. Bite the bullet and learn the fast meter. You will be here a long time and it will be worth it in the  long run. JMO

• DaisyMoon
    25 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 9:30 AM

A decent set of wedges

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 10:15 AM

My recommendation for 2,012 credits:

• PAGES
RSS