Forums

Help › Forums

Products Avaiable By Tier ??? Really! ???

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 4 2010 7:24 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Doogermyer
    6 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 10:30 AM

It has always been my understanding that clubs are available by your tier class. Today I played with a pro "123rob" avg. 66.69 who on Feb 1st purchased a Master R9 8.5 degree driver and Master Ping G10 iron set. How can a Pro purchase Master Tier clubs? I never could. We were playing a stroke play group, and it really didn't matter to me, he went birdie, par, double, & triple on the 1st 4 holes and disconnected on #5. Probably not use to his new clubs. He was hitting 290 yard drives from the pro tees, having like 180 yd. irons into the green on the par 5's. I thought, here's a player that goes into tournaments as a pro tier, against other pro's, able to reach par 5's with a mid iron and have short eagle putts. Really doesn't affect me at all, just wish I could have had that advantage when I was on the pro tier. I was also wondering if he was getting his clubs through the same resource as Mickelson, Daly, & Dean. Thought I'd just throw it out there, interesting, some things just make you go, Hmmm!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 10:40 AM

Hmm...just checked out the user, and you're right.

This has to be a bug.

One that WGT better fix soon before other Pro tier players realize it !!   :)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 10:59 AM

Email your concerns to members@worldgolftour.com.

I have found that they respond much faster to emails than to randomly placed forum notes.

Good spot, btw, and thanks for helping WGT close bugs/loopholes.

Peace.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 12:18 PM

That's one hell of a bug and must be something new because i know i couldn't buy master clubs when i was a pro.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 12:31 PM

(Rushes off to buy some Master equipment)

(Gets told that it is unavailable to him)

Dam. Oh well, wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway. However got the Master equipment must have used that bug that was around for all of about half an hour about 2 months ago, the lucky soul....

....Well, lucky until someone else noticed that is.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 2:00 PM

heh-So what do you do now to a pro with master clubs?

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 2:23 PM

YankeeJim:
    heh-So what do you do now to a pro with master clubs?

if I may make a metaphor, kinda like the competitive advantage the egregious roster payroll provides the Bronx Bombers year in, year out.  :)

It appears that player in question just bought them on Feb 1st.  Perhaps this was an error that was allowed with the update on the 27th and was corrected with the subsequent update the other day?

• Rhett78
    65 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 2:30 PM

I have noticed a couple other pros with some master equipment, something needs to be done fast, if it hasn't already. This is not fair to us masters who have worked our way up for the equipment. Thanks

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 4:10 PM

OaktheToke:
    competitive advantage the egregious roster payroll provides the Bronx Bombers year in, year out.

(Ah, yes-the fan base getting their money's worth-gotta love it. I wonder how all the other clubs that the Yankees share the spoils with spend their share.)

Alex referenced this situation in another post I found and they are working on making it right. Since they have the hammer I don't think it will last long.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 4:12 PM

Yes this is a bug that we fixed this week. We will be in contact with players who were able to purchase clubs they did not qualify for. We will remove the equipment and reimburse the accounts.

• PAGES
RSS