Help › Forums

POLL - Vote on new TM putter option

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:39 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:44 AM

Okay a simple poll here with only 3 questions but before you answer please read the explaination below. 

POLL  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  Do you prefer the Redwood or the new TM putter?  (and why if u used both) 

2.   Would you like to see the 60 foot scale on the TM changed to 8 x 7 + 4? 

3.   Would you like to see the 15 foot changed to 3 x 5?   (5 movements of 3 feet)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 2 revolves around what I noticed after buying the new TM putter and requires some explaination, basically I think the 60 foot scale has a terrible setting currently for avatar movements and that's all we have to judge distances.  

The Starter putter 60 foot scale gives you 7 movements of 8 feet each and then one last half movement of 4 feet, better shown as 8 x 7 + 4.   Why is this good, because when you look at the other distances that are shown, it gives you something more to work with.  The new TM putter 60 foot scale only has 12 foot increments for avatar movements and because the 90 foot scale has the same thing, its redundant and NOT as useful IMO. 

This is the top of the line putter here and I feel this was a mistake programming it this way instead of the 8 foot increments, I actually bought it thinking it was going to have them, why would they change this to make it more redundant?  At least the Redwood which is less money has a 9 foot increment with the 45 foot putter which is much more useful and fills in more holes (and less rendundancy)  better so this is the main reason for this thread, I'd like to see them change the 60 foot scale on the new putter to 8 feet like the starter. 

To show my point further, I will show you all the distances available with the current version using every available scale:  

6, 6, 12, 12, 12, 12, 15, 15, 18, 24, 24, 24, 30, 30, 36, 36, etc  

Rememeber these all correspond to every avatar movement shown with all putter distance choices.  See all the rendundancy?   Crazy for a top of the line putter and the Redwood is much better for this and less money, it still has some but less.  All the bold underlined numbers pertain to the 60 foot scale in its current form.   

Now here is the same putter if they gave you the 8 foot increment: 

6, 6, 8, 12, 12, 12, 15, 16, 18, 24, 24, 24, 30, 32, 36, etc

Much better, especially having the 8 foot shown since a big bulk of putts are from 6 to 10 feet.  Here is the same putter if they change the 15 foot scale to show 3 foot increments AND the 60 foot:

3, 6, 6, 8, 9, 12, 12, 12, 15, 16, 18, 24, 24, 24, 30, 32, 36, etc

Now THAT would be useful, hopefully you'll agree.   I think at the minimum they should change the 60 foot scale to match the starter putter.  For those curious, here is the Redwood showing the differences with the current TM putter in its current form:

6, 6, 9, 12, 12, 12, 15, 15, 18, 18, 24, 24, 27, 30, 36, 36

The BIG difference is really the 9 foot since so many putts are 6 to 10 feet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VOTE TO MAKE THE TM PUTTER MORE USEFUL!    

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 12:36 AM

No offeence but its fine as is i own all 3 and its by far the most consistant theres more important issues like courses,

all scales on tm putter the new one are fine just learn to use it

chippy

PS it takes time

• Gloveberg
    55 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 2:27 AM

I swore by the Redwood for a long time until recently when I couldn't make a damn thing anymore. So, like in real golf, I decided a change was needed (warranted or not) so I bought the new TM and for whatever reason I am making a lot more putts. But to me it's because I'm rolling the ball with better speeds due to the different scales. I'm not really saying the TM is better than the Redwood but I am getting a better roll for the breaks on the greens.

I thought the avatar movements for the TM were:

15ft= 3x5

30ft= 6x5

60ft= 12x5

That's what I'm using as my reference and my speeds are a lot better, especially on "Very Fast" greens. Not saying they're exact but they are working for me.

Just my .02 cents :)

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 7:59 AM

Gloveberg:

I thought the avatar movements for the TM were:

15ft= 3x5

30ft= 6x5

60ft= 12x5

I think these are right, except maybe the 15 foot which is  5feet x 2 movements plus 3.

Dont you think that an 8 foot movement for the 60 foot putter would be MUCH more useful? 

The 90 foot putter also has a 12 foot scale so both being 12 is redundant and really not useful at all, not to mention you have no way to gauge distance between 6 and 12 feet. In this aspect the bluddy starter putter is better since it has 8 foot increments. 

• Gloveberg
    55 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2010 7:26 PM

jayjonbeach:

Dont you think that an 8 foot movement for the 60 foot putter would be MUCH more useful? 

The 90 foot putter also has a 12 foot scale so both being 12 is redundant and really not useful at all, not to mention you have no way to gauge distance between 6 and 12 feet. In this aspect the bluddy starter putter is better since it has 8 foot increments. 

I do agree the 8 foot would be help, hell the more increments you add the more precise you can be :).  That being said I have had good results since switching to the TM  with going a little over the 6 foot movement on the 30 foot scale with the 8-9 foot putts. 

I think it's a feel thing.  You get used to the characteristics of a club and learn when and how to use it.  Like I said, as Pro I swore by the Redwood and defended it fiercely until for whatever reason I just stopped making putts on the "Very Fast" greens.  So far I have been very happy with the TM.  Is it "better" than the Redwood?  Who knows....hehe

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2010 8:55 AM

jayjonbeach:

2.   Would you like to see the 60 foot scale on the TM changed to 8 x 7 + 4? 

3.   Would you like to see the 15 foot changed to 3 x 5?   (5 movements of 3 feet)

No and No...

I like it as it is.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2010 9:04 AM

GITrDONE:

No and No...

I like it as it is.

Please tell us why you like the putter having a 12 foot avatar movement on the 60 and the 90 foot scale, I cant for the life of me figure out how anyone could? 

If you want 12 feet, you go to the 90, if you want 8 feet, you go to the 60.   Right now if you want 8 feet, you have to guess at where that is?

Essentially right now it is like you have two of the exact same scales, a 90 and another 90, I think its terrible and was something WGT overlooked.   There is no need that I can see to have two exactly the same. 

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2010 11:40 AM

understand what ur saying j but if u need an 8 ft putt put it on the 30 ft scale and just add a lil more past 6. i agree with some of these folks leave it alone, been making alot more putts with this 1!!i have made more putts between 20ft 30ft in the last 36 hours than i have probably made in 13 months of being here.enough said.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 1:40 AM

jay i didnt miss the point maybe you missed mine if your putting only using avatar movements your in a world of hurt theres a feel to it as well. why do you feel everything needs changing, learn to use the putters as they are ,thats why they are made or programmed that way.

Im not trying to piss you off dude if 1 person in a hole bunch of people think differently theres a fair chance there off the mark.

Off Topic people perceive things differently or interpret things differently  its a sign of a persons character to recognize this not just ridicule them as you have me several times now.

spend time learning the game instead of changing it or at least work with what weve got the idea of beta is to aid development not change the program.

If this offends you im truly sorry but you try to make me look stupid and im over it .

If i missed the point why do they agree with me you need to learn the finer aspects of this game oh boy when you make master your going to no it big time the putter will be least of your problems lol but hey i always miss the point ,the point is my freind this is not just count the avatar movement golf there is more to it .May i suggest broaden your scope you dont look the type to be opinionated away from the computer,keep it real dude.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 2:18 AM

jayjonbeach:

chipshotcharlie:

No offeence but its fine as is i own all 3 and its by far the most consistant theres more important issues like courses,

all scales on tm putter the new one are fine just learn to use it

chippy

PS it takes time

Chipp, as often you do, you missed the whole point. 

The putter itself is great, the distance choices you have are NOT and that is only because of the avatar movements. 

if its gr8 learn to use it

• PAGES
RSS