Help › Forums

RIP Whitney Houston

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 19 2012 12:52 AM (31 replies)
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 2:17 PM

ffifer:

I want to say so many not nice things to you, but I will simply second TeeWade's comments.

I was 9, and remember this like it was yesterday. With the country nervously on edge as it headed into the uncertainies of war with Iraq in the early 90s, Whitney Houston walked out there at the start of the Superbowl and united everyone in a national goosebump moment. There will be plenty of time to reflect on her personal problems. But today, I choose to remember her in this moment right here, in her prime, with that amazing voice and radiant smile bringing everyone to their feet.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 2:22 PM

ffifer:

Are all of you people sh!tting me? get real. she had everything and threw it away for drugs, and it's clear she couldn't care less about her life. So why should all of you?

scrub drug counsellor off your list of possible vocations in life...because drug addiction & the causes of it are clearly not in your mental range nor do you seem to have the capacity to deal with it.

I'll remember Whitney for being such a great talent...a remarkable entertainer and giving us the pleasure of her voice since i first heard her sing when she broke into the limelight at 19 years old.

I wasn't really a fan.............but I appreciated that she had it all.............the beautiful looks, a great voice and a natural performer.

She's up there with Billie Holiday & Aretha Franklyn IMHO............the very best of all time. Whitney's voice has inspired most if not all female artists we hear today.

These kinds of legendary divas only come along every other generation.

We all have our problems in life.......the only difference here is that Whitney was in the spotlight and so the world got to see the good..the bad and the uglier side of her personal life. I've always felt lucky that my private life is private.

tbe

• brhthecarpenter
    333 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 2:31 PM

great post Tee Wade , i think the most of us feel the same way, its a shame she,s gone.

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 4:06 PM

IvaThongon:

With the country nervously on edge as it headed into the uncertainies of war with Iraq in the early 90s, Whitney Houston walked out there at the start of the Superbowl and united everyone in a national goosebump moment. There will be plenty of time to reflect on her personal problems. But today, I choose to remember her in this moment right here, in her prime, with that amazing voice and radiant smile bringing everyone to their feet.

I was a bit older than 9, but this is the way I think she should be remembered.  Still the version I think of when someone even mentions the National Anthem.  A supreme vocal in a historic performance, one of those things you can't help but remember to your own grave.

• walterjordan
    134 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 4:28 PM

I was just starting my freshmen year of high school when miss Whitney came into my life, I can trace back a many a nights when i hear a Whitney Houston song.  I was serving in the first gulf war, when i heard her sing her best song of all, The National Anthem.  My god the women poured her heart and soul into that song that night, never will hear anything done like that again,  and for that i will always have a spot in my heart for Ms Whitney Houston Brown...Rest In Peace girl 

• BenRC
    381 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 8:28 PM

My thoughts were to stay out of this and mourn in private........but I couldn't

Everyone for sure has a right to their opinion and this is mine.....I'm not perfect or a saint, dont claim to be, but......................

Everyday i think about our troops around the world in harms way ....and hope they all come home safe....

Everyday day I think about the starving children in Africa and around the world, when will it end...

Everyday I think about the atrocities committed against women, because in most cases they are defenseless, when will it stop.....

Everyday I think about how our brothers in sisters who are LGBT, how they are judged and treated so badly and not shown the love we give our own brothers and sisters.....

When will people realize that the loss of one person, no matter the circumstances, ...diminishes us all.....

Whether you like Whitney Houston or not....we have all suffered a loss.....ALL of us...

My love note to you Whitney....

Dear Whitney

Another instance in my life where I will not be able to thank a person personally for the gift they have given me......

Whitney....you gave me the gift  of your voice and your beautiful expressions of love...it seemed you were singing these songs , just for me :)

Thank you so much....I will never forget you....

Ben.......

I was going to keep this note private but decided its nice to show love for another person ,and for all to see...

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 9:38 PM

Well said Ben/ TWade, re Whitney Houston.

Without a doubt, we have lost one of the most recognized icon's of Modern Contemporary Music of our era. The 'Voice'. Sold over 200 million albums. Re-invented Female Contemporary Singing in general. If you have not gotten goose bumps from a Whitney song, you have kind of missed something.

Speaking as a veteran myself, I can say that Whitney was one of the celeb's that supported our troops big time. This aint the 'remember the fallen veterans' thread, it's the Whitney Houston thread isn't it?

So let's respect her huge accomplishments in music and her passion for life. I don't get it, she was real happy and having fun the night before & the next day,,she's gone.

I know I'll miss her, man she had the pipes.

Jeff

• TheTigerEye
    259 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 11:17 PM

No offense but idd rather get Michael Jackson back :D

R.I.P Whitney - Dont know your music at all but im sure it must have been something special since your in our television all the time now :)

• walterjordan
    134 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 12:00 PM

Nice Ben

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 12:09 AM

RSS