Forums

Help › Forums

Bethpage #7

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 28 2010 9:48 AM (6 replies)
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 6:34 AM

Why is this hole not a Par 5?  I play bethpage and on the scorecard its a par 5, its only changed for the open to a par 4 so the course plays as a par 70.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 6:49 AM

It is played as a par 4 because the pros play it as a par 4 and even the pros can't shoot the ridiculous sub-60 scores that are shot on this game.

• Rhett78
    65 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 6:52 AM

neildiamond11790:

Why is this hole not a Par 5?  I play bethpage and on the scorecard its a par 5, its only changed for the open to a par 4 so the course plays as a par 70.

It is what it is. When the wind is right, I'm on in two. When it's not, I just click it and stick it, and get my par. I like the challenge of it being a par four. Have fun with it, I know I do.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 7:53 AM
    It is played as a par 4 because the pros play it as a par 4 and even the pros can't shoot the ridiculous sub-60 scores that are shot on this game. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi ope...edge here. I thought the same way you did in regards to the ridiculous sub-60 scores until something very intresting was brought to my attention. We / wgt members play 2 courses and 2 courses only -correct. We get to know every angle -every slope - location of sand traps -get a feel for the wind direction, ect, ect, ect. Eventually were shooting under par. Some of us, well, much more. If Tiger W, Phil M, Vijay S and so on played these 2 courses and these 2 courses only - day in and day out - trust me ,they would all shoot low 60's if not breaking that mark every once and a while. When I play with my friend on the course of which he's a member, I dont have a chance and it holds true the other way around. I have one course I play more then any other, and I will keep up with the best of them (any avg. golfer) any day. Send an invite my friend.....edge
  • oppy
    286 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 8:54 AM

overtheedge:

Hi ope...edge here. I thought the same way you did in regards to the ridiculous sub-60 scores until something very intresting was brought to my attention. We / wgt members play 2 courses and 2 courses only -correct. We get to know every angle -every slope - location of sand traps -get a feel for the wind direction, ect, ect, ect. Eventually were shooting under par. Some of us, well, much more. If Tiger W, Phil M, Vijay S and so on played these 2 courses and these 2 courses only - day in and day out - trust me ,they would all shoot low 60's if not breaking that mark every once and a while. When I play with my friend on the course of which he's a member, I dont have a chance and it holds true the other way around. I have one course I play more then any other, and I will keep up with the best of them (any avg. golfer) any day. Send an invite my friend.....edge

Yes this is true, but I still doubt you would see anything lower than a 58 even from a pro who really knew the course. 

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 9:21 AM

I doubt you would see anything lower than a 62 from a pro who plays it often from the tips.  Still #7, from the back tee for all would be and is an excellent par 5.  If the BP were to hold a tournament that is not a major, it would be played as a par 5.  Only the open would make it a 4.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 9:48 AM

I think it is still to easy as a par 5

RSS