Forums

Help › Forums

golf balls

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 25 2010 9:14 AM (20 replies)
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 7:02 PM

a GI2-SD golf ball would be nice and please don't make it cost more than 130 or so credits.

The GI-SD balls  should have a touch more durability, like half a balll

Also I spend a lot of credits on these ridiculously priced golf balls and you should definitely not lose a golf ball if it goes into a land hazard but should be penalized with a 1/4 or 1/2 durability infraction.  If that depletes the golf ball completely than so be it.  I will get 90% of my balls in real life in this situation.  Now a shot in the water i understand losing the ball.

Thank you.  Please get me that GI2-SD.

2 balls on spin, distance, and feel.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:29 AM

Here here! 

These lost ball issues have been brought up before too in other threads and the durability depleting is THE most fair and realistic way to deal with it, no question.

---------

Okay I'm farily new here and it just came to light that the GI2-D balls with a "3" durability, last only about 57 holes (3 rounds).

Ahhh, this is NOT very realistic IMO and geared more towards WGT income. 

Sorry I have to be honest here since I like this game so much.

I hope that this durability, will be adjusted to be more realistic and less income based in the near future.  (ie a ball should last AT LEAST 90 holes or 5 rounds which is still a little generous to WGT really, throw us a bone here)

My suggestion, 2 durability = 5 rounds.  3 = 7 and 4 = 9. (also, 5,6,7 rounds would be fine too for 2,3,4 durability) 

This is still going to be a steady stream of income, especially as the site grows. People will always need and lose balls as the keep playing. 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:57 AM

Okay, let's replicate real life and let a golf ball last forever until they turn yellow.  Can you imagine the archeologists unearthing golf balls 500 years from now?!  WGT balls should only be "loseable", otherwise they should wear out on a gradient like a real golf ball.  Compression weakens, thus less distance over time.  Dimples smooth out, thus loss of aerodynamics that make the ball float and stop or back up on the green.  Scratches and nicks, thus the ball does strange things in the air and loses accuracy.

Eh, maybe I'll stick with putting a new ball into play every other round.

• KickinElliot
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 11:52 AM

Not gonna happen. This is how WGT makes money. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 11:54 AM

KickinElliot:
    Not gonna happen. This is how WGT makes money

Just like any successful pro shop..............

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 11:58 AM

True.  This is how WGT makes money... to build new courses, pay salaries, pay investors, pay the lease on their building in San Francisco, pay taxes, pay for research & development, pay the gas bill, pay the electric bill that causes the microwave to run to pop the afternoon popcorn...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 12:06 PM

Don't forget the ice machine for the Friday Glenlivet hour.

• KickinElliot
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 12:12 PM

Does anybody ever get a response from WGT. or we just kinda talking to each other here.

• KickinElliot
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 12:16 PM

NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM MAKING MONEY, but lets get something for it. Lets get a course out soon! 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 12:21 PM

KickinElliot:
    Does anybody ever get a response from WGT

Yes, when they get asked. Didn't see a question after Jay laid out what he wanted. 

RSS