Help › Forums

Ready-Go's

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 18 2010 8:45 AM (36 replies)
  • ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 11:12 AM

RiftRaft:

sounds like to you im not use to the different green speeds?...what kind of answer is that? Im very much use to every kind of green speed, Now did i say there was a conspiracy?, no i did not, all i said was it plays a lot different every single time i play it, i even said it has nothing to do with the green speed. Is that always the answer any of you have, Down play my ability pretty much to tell me i dont know how to play this game. There are  always a few people that come into every discussion that tell who ever started the discussion, that they are crazy and nothing EVER is different in how the game plays. Im sorry but i have read more then a few post on this forum, about the game playing different. And you know i have always been told when its a select few against the majority, the majority is usually right. 

You're the one asking why there's something different in the RGs. I'm just giving you an answer, which is there is nothing different. And I guarantee you that will be the same answer the mods would give you.

If you can hardly break par I'm sorry to hear that, sounds like more of a personal problem than blaming the Ready Go tourneys.

• RiftRaft
    25 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 11:33 AM

Of course thats the answer ill get from you guys, thats the answer everyone always gets but im sorry if more people are having problems then just me, its not coincidence, and as for me "hardly breaking par" i have broke par many times in the ready-go's, ive earned over 30$ from playing them, what im saying is they are very inconsistent, its not the same game every time you play it. And to be honest you really dont have to answer me like your someone special, i do not like being talked to like a child, a personal problem?, well sweetie its more then me that has this "personal problem" so before you go and talk to me like a child, just remember, this is a forum, if i have a problem i should be allowed to come in and express my problems, and not be bashed for having a opinion, also to check and see if anyone else has the same things happen to them.  Its just pretty funny, there are a select few who come in on every topic and bash the crap out of people who have an opinion, to be honest every business i have ever dealt with that has had unhappy costumer the business has tried to help out, not have people come in and tell them everything they are saying is stupid and not true. Im in the majority here, and if it was just me you have the right to say what you did, but its not just me, its alot of people so dont give me the bull crap for expressing my opinion

• RiftRaft
    25 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 11:44 AM

this is the last you will here from me about this, cause lord knows i dont wanted to be banished for having a opinion and we all know you cant have a opinion on this site unless the opinion is gave to you, cause other wise you will get bashed for having one, so im done with this topic, your right, im just a terrible player who doesnt know what im talking about, i made a mistake, i cant play this game for crap, i might as well just take my sorry butt and my lousy playing skills and go some where else cause i just dont know how to play this game and everything im saying is a utter lie. PLEASE FORGIVE ME WGT I KNOW NOT WHAT I DO

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 11:48 AM

I missed where I "bashed" you on anything. Just telling you there's nothing different, and I think me being a senior member on the site qualifies me to say such a thing.

There are problems with this game, but they run across the board. Of course there are more lag issues in multi but that's because you have multiple players using the same connection in a sense.

You can go on and on about whatever you think is wrong, but it doesn't change the fact the Ready Gos are the same as if you set the exact parameters in practice mode. I mean really what possible reason would WGT have to change the RGs vs the other parts of the game. They make 1000 credits ever tourney, they would want these to be right.

Last, if you want help from the mods be more specific than just giving general statements about problems. Like for example, I hit a 130 full bs into a 5 wind and it only traveled whatever yards. Otherwise you won't hear anything from them. And you will just have to endure feedback from us "select few."

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 12:28 PM

Rift,

I understand your frustration but personally I have noticed absolutely no difference between club and meter performance in Ready Gos than any other round.  I have won over $300 in Ready Gos and see the same problems I do in any other round I play.

I just played the Kia Ready Go, had a meter freeze and lost ball on 12 and still posted 62.  But guess what, I went to 17 in weekly unlimited week before last -9 through 7 holes when I had 2 giant meter spikes and a meter freeze for 3 lost balls.  If anything, my experience has been equal or better meter performance and less club and wind deviations in Ready Gos from the other rounds I play. 

I have been cursed with one of the worst meters in the business and optimized my system every way I know how.  Personal record in Ready Gos:  28 wins, 40 second place, 32 third place.   Not speaking down to you at all, but I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on this game and your contention that Ready Gos have more errors (by design or otherwise) is unfounded and off the mark. 

Good luck with your game.  Jake

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 12:51 PM

well, my low score in each of the 6 ready gos are 26, 27, 27, 27, 56, 56  so no problems here!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 3:09 PM

BolloxInBruges:
    well, my low score in each of the 6 ready gos are 26, 27, 27, 27, 56, 56  so no problems here!

What are the high scores?

Saying there are problems with the RG's and saying they play different are 2 different things. They play different to me because I go from one server to that server and I'm not blind. To say they play the same defies all the past talk about server differences, enunciated by many.

All it takes is knowing this and adjusting to it like jake and BB have to be competitive. If it's really that bad shut down and restart-I've done this before and it helps. Your game will be waiting for you, probably a lot better.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:01 PM

RiftRaft:
     and its not so much the slow greens that bother me, its when i know i have hit it hard enough to compensate for the slow greens that the ball just dies, when i know i have added an extra 1-4 ft on every putt. just does not make any sense 

this +1 

Truly sick of hitting 6 ft putts 8 ft and having them come up short.   The speedsets need to be modified.  I really shouldn't have to bazooka puts.  This is not accurate unless WGT want to create a new course being your local crappy ass public muni special.

Don't know is this is a glitch or if WGT wants me to believe that playing on a top course in the world is like putting on a shag carpet.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 6:39 PM

YankeeJim:

BolloxInBruges:

What are the high scores?

Saying there are problems with the RG's and saying they play different are 2 different things. They play different to me because I go from one server to that server and I'm not blind. To say they play the same defies all the past talk about server differences, enunciated by many.

All it takes is knowing this and adjusting to it like jake and BB have to be competitive. If it's really that bad shut down and restart-I've done this before and it helps. Your game will be waiting for you, probably a lot better.

They don't play any different for me.  I would say the difference in gameplay from server to server is essentially nonexistent in single player games.  Maybe an extra hiccup here or there.  As for my high scores...they suck, and usually don't get posted.

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 12:13 AM

OaktheToke:
    Truly sick of hitting 6 ft putts 8 ft and having them come up short.   The speedsets need to be modified.  I really shouldn't have to bazooka puts.  This is not accurate unless WGT want to create a new course being your local crappy ass public muni special.

There is a lot more than adding or subtracting one or two feet to compensate for slow or fast greens. You need to work out an algorithm and then refine it until it seems to produce the best result. And then there are other factors to take into account: the up triangle or down triangle with 0 inches slope definetely means something. Wind direction does have effect on putts too. The same up and down slope in different parts of the putt have a different effect, and so on. 

Ball performance is essentially a formula applied over and over again. The formula might be accurate or not in representing the physical event, but it's always the same, I doubt WGT has worked out 2 different maths for RG's and MP's...they've got enough issues to deal with as it is !

One thing is to complain about the jerky meter, and one thing is coming up with excuses for poor performance. If in real golf your ball drifts off the green because of poor wind judgement who do you blame, Isaac Newton ??

RSS