Forums

Help › Forums

Ready-Go's

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 18 2010 8:45 AM (36 replies)
  • RiftRaft
    25 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:20 PM

Can someone please tell me why the Ready-go's play so much different then when your not playing one?..I have noticed more then just a few times that easy putts, or easy chip shots, or approach shots are a hell of a lot different when im playing a ready-go, then they are when im playing a regular match. I know the green speeds are different on some of them, its the fast greens ready-go's im having all the problems with. I have never missed putts inside of 3ft with such regularity, and it only happens on ready-go's. My last match i shot a 32 on a regular 9 hole match, when i enter the ready-go with the same greens and same wind speed i shoot a 35/36 i always hit the same shots, from pretty much the same spots but the game plays so different. I will not continue to enter in these games if the problems are not fixed, it really just seems that it picks and chooses who it does it to, im not saying it happens on all of them, but it happens alot more often then it dont. And to me thats more then just irony

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 3:37 AM

There's nothing different, and there's no conspiracy. Sounds to me you just aren't use to different green speeds. Go to a practice round and give yourself a setup with what you're having problems with would be my advice.

• wiscb
    28 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 4:20 AM

I agree with you.They are NOT the same.I think they just give everyone a turn at the credits. While WGT keeps raking in the 10 dollars. Sure we all have bad rounds.But some of the shots and putts are BS. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:01 AM

wiscb:
    While WGT keeps raking in the 10 dollars.

That would be $1, not $10, and I believe the game does play different in RTG's. It's like it's a tighter course. I think it might be because the RTG's are on a different server. What do I know-it just plays different. 

Heh-maybe it's an anti-Yankee thing RR. :)

(Pitchers and catchers report in 28 days)

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:08 AM

I haven't noticed a difference in how the RG plays compared to single player.   But, I limit myself to only 2 (K F9 and K 18) since I'm most comfortable with those 2 green speeds and playing at Kiawah.

The only difference in game play that I've noticed is in MP compared to single player, but it plays differently only once in awhile.

• RiftRaft
    25 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:20 AM

sounds like to you im not use to the different green speeds?...what kind of answer is that? Im very much use to every kind of green speed, Now did i say there was a conspiracy?, no i did not, all i said was it plays a lot different every single time i play it, i even said it has nothing to do with the green speed. Is that always the answer any of you have, Down play my ability pretty much to tell me i dont know how to play this game. There are  always a few people that come into every discussion that tell who ever started the discussion, that they are crazy and nothing EVER is different in how the game plays. Im sorry but i have read more then a few post on this forum, about the game playing different. And you know i have always been told when its a select few against the majority, the majority is usually right. 

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:02 AM

The thing ive noticed most is the meter. The meter is very rarely smooth on the ready-go's. Servers psj-gs-01 and 02 seem to lag and have teribble meters. I only play a few a week but its defintely different than multiplayer. I have trouble with slow greens but with only putting, but that is my fault not the game, and I have no problems with fast or very fast. However to say nothing is different is sticking your head in the sand and toeing the company line. Overall i am very happy with WGT but it still needs some issues addressed. When i play multiplayer I rarely have meter problems, switch to a ready go or a weekly and all kinds of stops, go's and jumps occur. If i can shoot 29 in a multi player ranked round with moderate winds, and very fast greens it stands to reason i could do it once in a blue moon in a WGT tournament.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:22 AM

YankeeJim:

wiscb:
    While WGT keeps raking in the 10 dollars.

That would be $1, not $10, and I believe the game does play different in RTG's. It's like it's a tighter course. I think it might be because the RTG's are on a different server. What do I know-it just plays different. 

Heh-maybe it's an anti-Yankee thing RR. :)

I dont want to split hairs (most of us know how much of that goes on here...LOL) , but you might want to check your math on this one.

4000 credit payout, 5000 collected on entries. 

Note that many of the credits used to buy entry were NOT actual money however, and won credits from past tourneys, so in the end maybe it is closer to one dollar who knows and it always varies the true uptake of money depending on who plays in any given tourney.  I think they are doing just fine though.... :)  

----------------

To the OP poster, I dont have an opinion yet on the RG as I have yet to play one, but it does sound like and would not surprise me to see a bit of variance.

• RiftRaft
    25 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:42 AM

TDHarvey:

The thing ive noticed most is the meter. The meter is very rarely smooth on the ready-go's. Servers psj-gs-01 and 02 seem to lag and have teribble meters. I only play a few a week but its defintely different than multiplayer. I have trouble with slow greens but with only putting, but that is my fault not the game, and I have no problems with fast or very fast. However to say nothing is different is sticking your head in the sand and toeing the company line. Overall i am very happy with WGT but it still needs some issues addressed. When i play multiplayer I rarely have meter problems, switch to a ready go or a weekly and all kinds of stops, go's and jumps occur. If i can shoot 29 in a multi player ranked round with moderate winds, and very fast greens it stands to reason i could do it once in a blue moon in a WGT tournament.

I...could not agree more!!!

and its not so much the slow greens that bother me, its when i know i have hit it hard enough to compensate for the slow greens that the ball just dies, when i know i have added an extra 1-4 ft on every putt. just does not make any sense 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:46 AM

jayjonbeach:
    you might want to check your math on this one.

I was referring to the individual entry fee of $1 but now that I see it your way it makes it just like the MP Challenges-10% vig.

RSS